In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [Mi ART] StoryArt : Make Your Instagram Stories Beautiful!

2020-03-03 16:16:40
1373 8

Hello Mi Fans,

Hope you all are doing great! Today my review is specially for the people who loves Instagram. Instagram stories are becoming more and more popular with each passing days. We all want our stories to look eye-catching. Isn't it? And with new Story-creator apps popping up frequently, it's now easier than ever to create a beautiful story for your Instagram followers. Today we would see one such app: StoryArt.

First Look

StoryArt is actually a toolkit for your Instagram stories. It gives you some elegant and minimal templates to make your follower hook to your profile by making your stories unique, popular and engaging. With few simple steps you can transform your images and videos into a breathtaking story.The main theme of the app is white. Whenever you open the app, you would see a clean & simple welcome page with the logo of StoryArt on it. As an initial step, the app would ask you to choose a suitable template for your story. The UI is absolutely clean and simple without any visual cluttering at all!

Review

Template:
Templates are the base of your story. StoryArt categorizes templates under various themes. There are more than 20 themes to choose from like Marble, Retro, Minimalism and many more. You could find over 200 templates all together under these themes. But there is a twist. Not all themes are free. You can either buy one individual pack or buy all together with subscription to StoryArt Pro. It would cost $3.99 per month. In case you don't wanna use your wallet, believe me free templates are enough to quench your thirst!

Search & Collection:
Collection is where templates of a same theme are clubbed together. It's really convenient as you can browse through various templates of same nature but different attire all together. It makes your job easier! Also, you can search for a particular theme in case you don't wanna scroll through the entire collection. You would find few most searched items are already being displayed and categorized under different names when you would open the search box. Just search for whatever you want and they would appear.

Highlight Cover:
This is a small but really nice and interesting feature. As the name suggests it will add a beautiful cover to your stories! All you have to do is to long press the highlight you want to add cover for. Then tap on Edit Highlight. At last tap on Edit cover and choose cover from your album. I absolutely love the photos they offer over here and also the customization options makes it an excellent add on to your story. You can change the background image either from the default ones provided or from your own set of photos in gallery. Also the text color and words can be adjusted accordingly. What I liked most here is a range of beautiful elements can be added to it. Like designed circles, food icons, beauty icons and so on. Try it out!

Now, how do we make our amazing stories? It's real simple! Choose a theme based on the subject of your story. Once you get inside that chosen theme, you would find individual templates. Pick anyone you like. Now get the image or video you wanna put from your gallery. Next is, choosing filters. As I am very much into adding effects & filters to my photos, I absolutely love this feature. It gives an extra feel to the images. Here also some filters are locked and needs purchasing. You can also zoom in /out to adjust the size and view of your image.

Text:
Last but not the least elements of editing is Texts. StoryArt provides you with various fonts to give your text an unique feel every time. But sadly there is no option to make those text bold or Italic. But still you can adjust the alignments, Text size, gap between the words and lines and most importantly color of the text. Once done with the editing. You can either save your amazing stories to gallery album or directly share it on Instagram. Oh, before saving don't forget to have a look on preview. You would find an Eye icon in the bottom of the template. Click on it to have a look before sharing your work with the world.

Some of my stories!

Pros and Cons

Pros
  • Clean and simple UI
  • More than 200 templates & 20+ themes
  • High quality filters
  • Type text with various font and designs
  • No advertisements

Cons
  • No visible cons but it would be great to see more free templates & filters

My View

I found StoryArt really cool and useful. With a clean and clear look, it has all the necessities for your story. Previously I tried Unfold too. Both the apps are quite similar when it comes to look & features. But StoryArt themes are definitely a plus point which gives you an opportunity to set the mood of your story right. I love it. In Unfold, you can set a color-filled background for your text too. But StoryArt lets you change color of the text only, not any background. When it comes to UI, I will definitely give more preference to StoryArt. It's division of Templates and My story is eye candy actually. StoryArt also has the options for various filters which is indeed a great feature. To use the animated templates of StoryArt, you need to install the app Mostory actually. Another advantage of this app is no advertisement. There are many templates available for both free and premium. One good thing is, for all the locked themes, templates, & filters, you can have a preview of how your images look in it. But for saving, you would be needing payments. For me It's a must have app for all the insta-lovers.

I will give it 4.5 out of 5

Additional Information

Downloads

Download StoryArt from Google Play Store

Or,

Download the APK:
StoryArt.apk (28.2 MB, Downloads: 4)

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +45 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-03-03 16:16:40
Favorites2 RateRate

Super moderator

Crossfiree | from Mi Note 10

Nice app!
2020-03-03 16:33:44
Seems interesting
2020-03-03 17:03:14
I have used unfold. Will use it now
2020-03-03 17:19:58
Cool app. I am using it for very long time.
Thanks for your review.
2020-03-03 18:47:47
Nice app to make insta stories more beautiful. Thanks for the review
2020-03-04 21:36:13
Nice tool for making instagram stories for me. I am active use of this social media. I want to increase the number of followers and will use for it https://www.simplygram.com/ service. Such tools is easy way to promote instagram acc.
2020-03-05 17:48:35

Wizard Bunny

iMKajal | from MI 8

Awesome Review!
2020-03-27 13:27:00
This looks really good. Thanks for the review!
2020-04-13 18:35:22