In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [Mi ART] Disney Getaway Blast : Embark on an all-new Puzzle-popping Adventure!

2020-02-29 22:55:18
952 9

Hello Mi Fans,

It's the time of the month when I am back to you all with my game review! Today we will be watching out for a game coming straight from our favorite Disney land! It's a mobile puzzler called Disney Getaway Blast. Anything that's associated with Disney kinda always makes us nostalgic. Those beautiful characters, fantastic stories - who doesn't love them? And our today's game would give you the opportunity to work with those cute characters and help restore them their island! So without any further delay, let's get started!

First Look

Disney Getaway Blast is basically a puzzle game where you have to match items in groups of four, five or more. If you can do that, they'll disappear, helping you to go ahead in your adventure. All your job is to help the Disney crew and characters to help restore an island and make it a beautiful tropical vacation spot. After a brief welcome video that would familiarize you with objective of the game, the start up page beautifully decorated with all those familiar colorful cute characters would appear on your screen. You can see the cute Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Genie and more! Also you have to enter your age and gender at this initial stage. I must say, the visuals and graphics are really beautiful and eye-catchy. Like most of the games, here also if you wanna save and restore your progress, you can connect your Facebook account with it.

Review

Gameplay:
Since the first level, the game play remains same through out the entire game, although the difficulty level rises with each passing stage. All you have to do is match bubbles of the same color until you pop them all and achieve the target given to you to clear that level. To make your task easier, there would be some special moves too. If you pop up a certain amount of same-colored bubbles together, you would see different power ups appearing. These can be a rocket or a firecracker or a color beam. All of these does an excellent job to pop up a large number of bubbles together, thus making your task easier. I personally feel Firecrackers are the best!

Levels & Goals:
Disney Getaway blast is not just a match making game. There are loads of level with different types of puzzles and each of them are unique in their own way. I have played 74 levels so far ad trust me, though level goals were same for any of the instances but layout and arrangement of bubbles were different each time. Each level is well designed and has a unique set of challenges. these challenges can be- collecting bubbles of a specific color and number, collect wooden boxes, unlock a ship on a bottle, break coconuts and so on. I loved all of these. But some of the levels are really difficult that indeed made me frustrated. To cross the level 51 it took me 2 days!

Lives & Characters:
Now comes another important aspect of the game. For a single level, you won't be getting unlimited number of moves.  Depending upon the difficulty of the level, the numbers of turn per match is decided. At some level you would get 32 moves while some level offers only 18 moves. You need to finish the challenge by using that set of turns. If you fail to do so, you loose a life.  By default the health system of the game would give you five lives. Unfortunately, after level 50 the difficulty levels are increased to tenfold amount and the failure is almost guaranteed. Once your lives are finished, you need to wait 15 mins until a new life is generated. Disney Getaway Blast has a set of cute characters who appear on their usual cartoonish avatar. Each time you complete a specific set of levels, you unlock characters like Donald, Aladdin, Genie, Lumiere, Pluto, Mickey, Anna etc. Each character has a special power like Anna expertly throws snowballs to pop bubbles on board. Remember you must keep popping bubbles to charge their skill.

Power-ups and Reward:
As I discussed above this game offers a set of power ups. After finishing certain levels you can achieve these power ups as rewards. Also after completion of each level you receive a star with which you can restore a part of a land and help the characters to complete their stories. Now what these stories are? Well, each character comes with different stories. But all of them are running to restore that tropical land and make it the best holiday spot. With the stars you help them in doing that. To unlock a character's unique customization you need to finish their stories. After finishing each of the stories, those sweet characters would click a picture of them. You can clip that picture on the photo wall. Other than these there daily log in rewards and missions which in turn would generate some coins for you.
You can also watch advertisements to gain some of the rewards. The coins can be used to buy more moves on a particular match.

Settings:
Settings are quite simple. All you can do is enabling or disabling sound and music or watch the credits and info. Here you would also get the option to link your Facebook or google play games account with the game to save your progress.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
  • A great time killer
  • Loads of different levels with unique and interesting puzzle
  • Awesome and cute graphics with nice background score

Cons:
  • Getting out of few levels are extremely difficult

My View

Disney Getaway blast comes with a bubble-pop genre and is far better than any of the match maker puzzle game available out there. The puzzles are so unique at each level that you won'be feeling that you are doing same things twice. But the rap of luring you into in-game purchase is real. After certain levels difficulties rises so much that you would might feel frustrated or event want to continue with spending penny to buy new lives. The graphics are absolutely stunning. Those colorful lands, cute cartoonish avtaars, and a matching background score all together takes the game to an another level.

But if you can avoid this little obstacles, I would definitely recommend this game to you. There are a huge number of levels for you to play and loads of colorful bubbles for you to pop. Enjoy! I would give it 4.6 out of 5

Additional Information

Downloads

Download Disney Getaway Blast from Google Play Store

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +35 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-02-29 22:55:18
Favorites RateRate
Very detailed review
2020-03-01 17:15:18
Detailed review
2020-03-01 17:16:01

Super moderator

Crossfiree | from Mi Note 10

have played this one. nice review!
2020-03-01 18:57:13
Looking to try this game.
2020-03-02 20:05:56
Nice game to play! Thanks for your review
2020-03-03 10:13:48
Splendid! If I ever try match making games, this would be the one!
2020-03-03 11:49:59
CED
nice review
2020-03-03 16:20:23
nice review
2020-03-11 01:44:23

Wizard Bunny

iMKajal | from MI 8

Thanks for your review!
2020-03-27 13:27:23