In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tips and Tricks

[Tips & Tutorials] MIUI 11 Tips & Tricks - make your Xiaomi acts like a rocket!

2020-03-02 05:29:37
4713 41
Among all of Android skins, Xiaomi's MIUI is the most advanced. The whole idea behind the concept is to give its users absolute freedom to do whatever they want with the operating system. Some of its features are hidden deep and some are on plain sight, you just need to know how to reach them. Let's explore some of the more or less known features of this great OS!

Add a custom image on Always-on screen

if your Xiaomi has an AMOLED display, you can add a custom image on Always-on screen instead of the analog or digital watch, which you can usually see there.

1. Go to Settings
2. Find Always-on display & Lock screen
3. Choose Style and scroll to the bottom of the screen, then tap at the plus sign.
4. In a submenu tap again on the plus sign, and choose an image from the gallery. Notice additional settings like text color, that can further enhance the screen of your smartphone.

Use Sky Filters to make your photos look great

One of the best MIUI 11 features that are generally unnoticed is the new sky filters. The feature enables you to subtly add color tones and cloud patterns to the sky element in the picture, so if you use your smartphone camera frequently, this filter might be the best solution to enhance your work. Take notice, it works only when there are skies on pictures.

1. Open the Gallery app
2. Select a picture with the sky in it
3. Tap on the Edit tile at the bottom, and find Filter icon
4. The Sky filter is at the far right. Choose one of seven available filters for the best result.

MIUI brings some more powerful options for photo manipulation, so I recommend you to try the Adjust tile, where you can play with brightness and other tools, just make sure not to oversaturate your pictures.

Turn on the App Drawer

Xiaomi has been reluctant for a long time to add the drawer into its stock launcher. Some users prefer the iOS-like look, some using search function in the app drawer to get what they need. This time around, Xiaomi decided to give its users the best of both worlds.

1. Long press on the home screen, and then select Settings
2. Press More, at the very bottom
3. Go to Home Screen, and then select With App drawer.

Use a Video Wallpaper

Similar to the previous tip, you can use a video as your lock screen. It will make the screen more dynamic than some static wallpaper, and it's quite easy to do it.

1. Open the Gallery app
2. Choose a video
3. Notice the circle with three dots at the right. Tap on it and choose Set video wallpaper. If you want a video to play with a sound, there's an on/off icon in a top right. After that just click on Apply.

Choose which game to boost

A gaming mode in MIUI boosts the phone's performance when gaming, but you don't need to use it with every game you play. Candy Crush and PUBG simply don't need the same amount of resources, so it's better to choose which game needs an additional push.

1. Start the Security app and find Game speed booster
2. Tap the plus sign, and in submenu choose which game will be boosted during your play
3. If you want to tweak the whole thing a little bit little further, touch the Settings gear, where it is possible to finely tuned touch responses, Sensitivity to taps and more.

Change Region to get rid of the ads

MIUI became notoriously known for annoying ads through the system. If you want to get rid of them, there's an elegant solution: just change the region in settings.

1. Go to Settings
2. Find Additional settings and tap on Region
3. Choose some EU country, Croatia for instance where I'm from. European Union has a lack of nerve for force advertising, so it's prohibited here.

But beware of side effects, because of choosing the EU as your region, the Theme app will disappear. That app is also on hindsight of EU regulatory bodies, because of heavy copyright infringements. However, you can always hop in Region settings to Vietnam or India to get new themes, and then quickly switch back under the EU umbrella.

Task toolbar on a screen

Do you ever go grocery shopping? As a husband and a father of two beautiful (and insanely demanding!) daughters, I have some obligations like, well, grocery shopping. A while ago, when smartphones weren't a thing, I used to put all of my notes on a piece of paper, Otherwise, I would have forgotten them. But today I use a simple thing called Task Toolbar, right there on the screen of my Mi 9.

1. Open the Notes app and choose the Tasks tab.
2. Tap three dots on the top right and choose Settings
3. Toggle Use task toolbox.

Go back to your home screen. Do you notice a small translucent slider on the upper left? Swipe it right and start adding tasks like, hm, chocolate and make-up.

Use your smartphone as a leveler

If you ever need to check for a level surface, then use the built-in level tool.

1. Open the Compass app
2. Slide left to find the level tool.

Use the AI function on your camera

People usually just take the phone out of a pocket and make a snap. With the MIUI stock app, you can do so much more, and all you have to do is to activate one single function.

1. Start the camera app
2. On top of the screen tap on the AI button to activate it.

With the AI option turned on, the smartphone uses advanced algorithms that enhance picture taken in a way that makes the grass greener, the sky more bluish, or flower petals more color-intense. But wait, AI can do even more! It is capable to detect when you're taking a photo of a group of people, and when that happens, it will recommend you turn on the ultra-wide angle camera to fit all that's relevant into a shot.

And this is just the beginning of a journey with MIUI. The number of features is nearly endless and it's up to you to find them. And don't forget to share your findings with us in this thread.

Best of luck, naxeem

2020-03-02 05:29:37
Favorites30 RateRate

Master Bunny

klappasaki | from Mi 9T Pro

Thanks for sharing this interesting article, awesome work with detailed hints and tips on how to get a fluid working MIUI device! Highly recommended for anyone using a MIUI phone 🙏🙏
2020-03-02 05:32:40

News Reporter

naxeem Author |

klappasaki replied at 2020-03-01 22:32:40
Thanks for sharing this interesting article, awesome work with detailed hints and tips on how to get a fluid working MIUI device! Highly recommended for anyone using a MIUI phone 🙏🙏

Thank you! :)
2020-03-02 05:41:38

Master Bunny

klappasaki | from Mi 9T Pro

naxeem
Thank you! :)

Most welcome, mate 🙏
2020-03-02 05:47:22

Master Bunny

Tariqul I. | from app

Excellent post. Here have lot of information. Thanks.
2020-03-02 06:33:04

News Reporter

naxeem Author | from MI 9

Tariqul I.
Excellent post. Here have lot of information. Thanks.

Thanks! I really like digging through the MIUI, it's a treasure cove comparing to Samsung and some other, stock Android brands.
2020-03-02 06:35:46

Pro Bunny

Fansh1ne | from Redmi Note 8

Thanks for useful tips.
2020-03-02 07:15:00

Beta Team

Haku-X | from Redmi 5 Plus

thanks for sharing
2020-03-02 07:37:07

Rookie Bunny

6285118258 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

rg