In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 8/SE/EE/Lite/Pro

Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #21

Semi Pro Bunny

NPKMIMI | from MI 8

Hi, i done a clean update with fastboot, everthing ok for me expect facebook notifications are cropped don't show all content and can't be expanded, also dual band localisation disappeared, and the most annoying is the battery drain, i done some investigations about it when i go to the battery stats i see a lot of consumption in other section, and with more investigation i noticed that apps are runnig in the background despite the option auto-start is turned off for all the apps,  and I guess that's the cause of the battery drain. and at last i don't understand why there is no integration
in camera app for screen illumination for selfie photo. for now it's all the bugs I found.
2020-03-04 00:16:15
NPKMIMI replied at 2020-03-03 17:16:15
Hi, i done a clean update with fastboot, everthing ok for me expect facebook notifications are cropped don't show all content and can't be expanded, also dual band localisation disappeared, and the most annoying is the battery drain, i done some investigations about it when i go to the battery stats i see a lot of consumption in other section, and with more investigation i noticed that apps are runnig in the background despite the option auto-start is turned off for all the apps,  and I guess that's the cause of the battery drain. and at last i don't understand why there is no integration
in camera app for screen illumination for selfie photo. for now it's all the bugs I found.

Battery life is very average, i did a clean install whit fastboot. I belive the kernel is kinda broken, if you install gsam or any similar app i bet you have a massive amount of kernel wakelocks like mine labeled as "deleted". Like 400.000 wakelocks in a few hours. Because of that the phone can't go into deep sleep and battery life is bad. Auto start is broken too, just rebooted the phone and i have 10 random apps opened. Very underwhelming update so far...
2020-03-04 03:19:45

Semi Pro Bunny

NPKMIMI | from MI 8

mattcri
Battery life is very average, i did a clean install whit fastboot. I belive the kernel is kinda broken, if you install gsam or any similar app i bet you have a massive amount of kernel wakelocks like mine labeled as "deleted". Like 400.000 wakelocks in a few hours. Because of that the phone can't go into deep sleep and battery life is bad. Auto start is broken too, just rebooted the phone and i have 10 random apps opened. Very underwhelming update so far...

This bugs is specific to the global rom because china rom With android 10 works fine, need bug fix, and for gcam i advice you. To use the latest 7.3 from BSG it's work well for. Me
2020-03-04 03:48:57

happybuddhist Author |

Muckk replied at 2020-03-03 00:25:47
hmmm ... some bugs so far:
- location service runs only GPS and GLONASS, Beidou and Galileo are not accessible since update  
- VoLTE Icon in statusbar with notch is not displayed

For the first issue, try to clear cacha and data of the Maps app and try testing it with the GPS test app. Some users have said that this fixes the issue. As for other bugs, kindly send a bug report via the Feedback app.

Cheers! :-)
2020-03-04 09:34:05
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro | Redmi 9 series

Rookie Bunny

Alexaandre | from app

hello since update i have problems with keyboard (fleksy) and face unlock using IR isnt working anymore
2020-03-04 19:59:19

Pro Bunny

Sunhsiu | from MI 8 Pro

Got it OTA right now
2020-03-05 02:28:40

Pro Bunny

totya979 | from MI 8

anotheruserfromworld
Does built in call recorder works with this new ROM for Mi8 based on Android 10 ???

Call recorder works, but these Android 10 rom isn't good. It has many bugs.
I have regret installed it.
2020-03-07 04:21:52
mattcri replied at 2020-03-03 20:19:45

Thanks ,
I'm happy that i didn't update right now .

Waiting for next update.

2020-03-11 23:13:58
DarkAlone

Pro Bunny

superkevin18 | from MI 8

please fix the battery life, decreased when update to this MIUI version.
2020-03-13 21:39:19