In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Global Fans

[News] Get to know our Mi Explorers 2020! These are our Writers!

2020-02-27 04:34:57
5125 118

Dear Mi Fans,

As you know, we couldn’t have foreseen that 2020 would have such a rocky start and sadly due the global health crisis provoked by CoVid-19, we had to cancel the travel to Barcelona for our Mi Explorers 2020.

First of all, we want to thank them because despite all troubles and delays, they have kept the good spirits up and they are enjoying getting to know each other and share their passion for Xiaomi, even if it’s just online! Thanks Mi Explorers, that’s why our Mi Fans and our Mi Community are the best!

Now, on good news, they will still be able to try our latest flagship, Mi 10 Pro!

On the next days we will ship the phone to them and they will produce some missions which they will share with the rest of our Mi Fans, so you can get to know more about this fantastic device through their experience!

Now in the next days we will introduce them in their own categories, this means Writers, Photographers, Creative Video Makers and Youtubers!

Today...we start with the awesome Writers!!!

Let’s check out who they are!

Name: Hanjo de Veth
Nationality: The Netherlands
Link to the accounts to follow his work:

A short intro to your present journey/connection with Xiaomi and your expectations for the Mi Explorer experience:

Hello, this is Hanjo de Veth (Hanizzo),34 years old and living in Maastricht, which is a beautiful historical city in the south of the Netherlands. A married man and father of two boys. I'm a moderator of Xiaomi's Global Mi Community, co-responsible for the 'Mi Gadgets Section'. You can find me over there answering queries, publishing articles (My own series: X-EGG; Xiaomi- Ecosystem Gadgets Guide) and Xiaomi related product reviews. The Mi Community is my only platform as i spend all my 'Hobby time' to bring the Mi Fans unique content. So everything I release will be exclusively for you!

Mi Story:
After the birth of our first Child, my wife and I stepped into a different world to become fully responsible for our baby. Since we spend more time at home, we consumed much more electricity and when the 'Utility bill' came in I was shocked. We dived into it, disconnected 'power hogs' and seeked solutions to reduce energy consumption.

A Smart Home comes with a pricetag.
Home automation was on the rise and I thought upgrading my house with less consuming Smart bulbs would be a wise thing to do. Another thing interested me was the use of Robotic vacuums or cordless vacuums for faster cleaning and gain more quality time with my family. Unfortunately, the price of these products made by tech giants like Philips, Roomba and Dyson cured me immediately.

From my first Mi product, to a complete Mi Home ecosystem:
I searched the internet for alternatives and found people talking about ‘ Xiaomi Yeelight’ bulbs. These should be as good as Philips Hue but for a much cheaper price. I took the chance, ordered one, and became flabbergasted by the quality. How can such a great product be sold for such a low price?

My interest in Xiaomi grew and decided to expand the Mi Home Ecosystem adding the Gateway/hub and sensors to create automation.
As time passed by I digged deeper into and searched for more products to improve our home environment.

Nowadays, our house is filled with a lot of Xiaomi products. Is there a problem? Do we need improvement? let's see if Xiaomi got the solution!

Xiaomi, affordable for anyone
My passion for Xiaomi doesn't end in our house. Thanks to Xiaomi's honest pricing strategy I was able to give my mother a cordless vacuum and my 85th year old grandmother a robotic vacuum to make their lives more comfortable. Handing out Xiaomi products as a gift brings a smile on anyone!

Expectations as a Mi Explorer:
The GSMA and it's MWC, Xiaomi's event and the entire Mi Explorers program in Barcelona have been cancelled due the high risk of this horrible contagious disease which took many lives and ripped so many families apart….

For this year, Xiaomi looked for an alternative program in order we still can try out Xiaomi latest flagship model!

What to expect?
I'm looking forward to the new program and I'm very curious about the missions we need to challenge! I'll hope y'all will follow me on my journey as I will strive to do my best and share my experience being a Mi Explorer

Thank you Xiaomi for this great opportunity!

2. Name: Yuri Gentili
Nationality: Italy
Link to his accounts to follow his work (Youtube, Instagram, Mi Community, etc.):

A short intro to your present journey/connection with Xiaomi and your expectations for the Mi Explorer experience:

Hi Mi Fans!

I am Yuri, I am 21 years old and I come from beautiful Italy.

I have been moderator of the Italian Mi Community since its inception and I am the leader of the group of Mi Blogger Italia that produce stratospheric content to entertain Mi Fans.

Mi Community represents for me a way to express my passion for Xiaomi and this is why, thanks to the Mi Explorer initiative, I will try in every way to share my emotions with the whole community.

This experience will be absolutely great!

Thanks Xiaomi!

3. Name: Ryan Cleary
Nationality: Irish (Live in Scotland) UK Moderator GunplaMad
Link to his accounts to follow his work (Youtube, Instagram, Mi Community, etc.):

Hi Mi Fans,

I’m an Irishman living in sunny Glasgow, Scotland so I'm representing the Celt's .

I have two wee lovely bonnie boys 2 & 4 to my lovely wife I met in Australia years ago. I’m GunplaMad Moderator in the Mi Community UK where you will find me mostly creating threads and sharing ideas.

My Community name says a lot about my passion for Gunpla building, Gundam model.

You will see on my profiles I'm a skateboarder for many years and love taking photos and videos when out skating the local skateparks or abroad.

And we are continuing the tradition that DaCruz started last year only with a skateboard I airbrushed and promise to get some action shots for you on this skateboard.

I have really gotten into taking photos with these great devices called phones in the last few years as it's accessible for people like me to even get great shots…
I passionately believe in Xiaomi’s since its humble beginning and have watched them intensely and share its visions and goals to make quality innovations accessible to everyone. These are the reasons I got heavily involved with the Mi Community coming to the UK to help spread the word.

I'm hoping to make meaningful relationships to help support each other in our respective Mi Community's and share ideas.

I welcome all to follow my profile and join me on my adventures as a Mi Explorer and my future involvement as a Moderator/Writer.

ALWAYS BELIEVE SOMETHING WONDERFUL IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN

4. Name: Guillaume Lauer
Nationality: French
Link to any accounts of your work (Youtube, Instagram, Mi Community, etc.):

Hi everyone! I'm Guillaume, 33yo man from the beautiful Nice, France. You can find me on the French Mi Community on which I am a moderator and where I regularly publish articles and share various news.

I first spotted Xiaomi in 2016 during a trip to China. By a friend's house, I discovered a very interesting product: the Mi Smart Robot Vacuum. I was so amazed that I bought one and brought it in France in my suitcase. My experience with Xiaomi's cellphones is more recent because I had to wait for the death of my iPhone in November 2018 to get a Mi A2 and more recently a Mi A3. However,  my passion for Xiaomi doesn't end with cellphones, I am fond of Mijia and Youpin products! Why? I will just say: "Innovation for everyone", real Mi Fans know.

Really excited and thankful to be part of this new Mi Explorers program. It will obviously be an unforgettable experience: meeting other Mi Fans and Mi Staff from all over Europe and even further in surely the best venue for anyone that is interested in mobile technologies! Can't wait to discover Xiaomi's 2020 flagship and share it with you all!

Thanks Xiaomi and all Mi Fans!

5. Name: David Dominguez Fondo
Nationality:Spain
Link to his accounts to follow his  work (Youtube, Instagram, Mi Community, etc.):

Hi Mi Fans!

I am David better known as d4viddf in my social networks and in the application development community and other solutions for day to day.  I am pleased to announce that I am one of the 20 selected for Mi Explorer 2020 and I will represent Spain in the Writer category.

My passion for computing and telephony began when I was 5 years old and since then I have not stopped learning about technological advances.This passion allows me to share to my followers technical information that is eliminated from most media and discover hidden secrets of each device to make its use easier for users who want easy and comfortable solutions.

Xiaomi is the only one that offers versatility in this aspect and that is why it has been my personal brand choice for the purchase of mobile devices for 4-5 years.Therefore, if you want to know all the secrets and curiosities of the new Xiaomi devices, I invite you to follow me on my social networks.

Thanks for your intro Mi Explorers Writers! We can’t wait to see the content you produce!

Rate

Number of participants 5 Experience +71 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-02-27 04:34:57
Favorites62 RateRate

News Reporter

Subrata Maity | from Redmi 3S

Thanks for sharing.
2020-02-27 05:02:37
Nice to know about them!
2020-02-27 05:05:43

Bunny mẫu giáo

4173230227 | from Redmi 8

ееее
2020-02-27 05:07:03

Bunny tiến sĩ

1860bodo | from Mi 9 Lite

thanks for sharing
2020-02-27 05:10:42

Master Bunny

j-style | from Redmi 4X

nice
2020-02-27 05:11:14

Designer Team

Piyush KPV | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

thanks for sharing
2020-02-27 05:14:40

Super Moderador

feds64 | from app

That's great to get acquainted...
2020-02-27 05:15:41

Moderador

hanizzo | from Mi MIX 2S

Such an honor to be part of Mi Explorer programme!!
2020-02-27 05:20:29
Nice to know about them.
2020-02-27 05:27:01

Bunny đại học

kraner | from MI 5

Thanks for sharing.
2020-02-27 05:28:37