In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [Mi ART] Evernote- Organizer, Planner for Notes & Memos: Remember Everything That Matters!

2020-02-21 21:00:07
667 6

Hello Mi Fans,

Where do you put your thoughts, your ideas, or the name of a movie someone recommended? Whatever ideas you have or check lists you made, where to put those? The answer would be note taking apps. A note-taking app offers an easy, convenient way to store all this information in one place. These digital notebooks makes our life much more simpler and make our job easy. Today lets explore one such app - Evernote.

First Look

When you open the Evernote app for the first time, you would need to log in with your account. If you don't have an account yet, create one. You can instantly sign in with your google accounts. The welcome page of the app is very simple and white. I just feel, they should have used Evernote's signature green color instead of this flat white. That would have brought afresh look to this app. Unfortunately white looks kinda dull.

Review

Features:
Done with the sign in? Let's explore the features now! Your journey in the app starts with the homepage where you would find all your saved notes. The '+' sign at the bottom right corner, that's your key to all the features. There 6 fundamental things we can do with Evernote. Take Text Note, Add Reminder, Add Attachment, Record Audio, Capture Images, and Handwritten notes.

Starting with the basic, in the text note, you can write down all your essential things or ideas to keep them stored. Evernote allows you to make a To-do list. You can use either check boxes or numbered lists to track the tasks and move work forward. You can add tags or any attachments to your notes too. The attachments can be in the form of links from Drive or image, video, audio files. So, on a whole you can do anything with your note. Wanna bold, italic, underline or highlight any special part of the text? You can do that here too.

Templates:

Evernote offers you with some excellent templates as well to make your work easy and look your notes neat, tidy and presentable. Click on the Templates option to have a look on them. There are various categories like Creative Writing, Management, Meeting, Party planning etc. The collection is really extensive and you can find almost any templates of your need here. Templates saves our time and effort a lot. They are fully customizable. And the premium version of the app allows you to create your own templates as well.

Evernote has an in-built camera to easily capture and scan paper, including printed documents, business cards, handwriting and sketches. Sometimes it's become difficult to carry so many papers. With the help of this app, just convert those papers to digital notes and carry them anywhere. One of the most important and useful feature of this app is you can search for any word even in handwritten notes and scanned documents. Like I have captured an image related to Axis Bank and save it to my Evernote account, I will later be able to find the note by simply search for the word "Axis Bank."

In case you wanna record any voice memos, or lectures, interviews, you can directly put the input in Evernote app by tapping the microphone icon. You can also use your fingers or stylus to add sketches directly in Evernote by tapping the pen icon. This is kinda cute.. haha. I usually prefer this mode when I have time in my hand.

The last thing Web clipper is an absolutely useful tool. And my favorite too. This allows you to save web pages directly into Evernote. Open any browser on your device and select Evernote from sharing option's list. By default, it saved the full page. A cute elephant appears at the bottom to give you opportunities to change the default saving destinations or add tags, save as URL.

Settings:
Many of us likes to use their favorite app in a Dark Mode. Evernote fulfills our that wish too. It has a dark theme which gives a dark elegant look to your notes. You can add, remove, or reorder the basic 6 actions in the main menu. Adding location to notes is also possible in case you enable GPS. Other than that default notification settings, currently monthly usage, can also be seen. Evernote has some interesting features like, using fingerprint for faster access to notes, quick note in the notification bar, Google drive integration,etc. Oh, you can adjust text notebook size too.

Evernote also allows you to share your notes with others. Now here are some twists. If you keep the shareable link ON, the link can be shared publicly on other platforms. If you keep it OFF, it would limit other people's access and they would need to log in to view it. You can also set permission for who can view or edit that note. Kinda similar to Google Docs. Evernote takes care of your note's privacy as well. You can add fingerprints and pass code to keep your notes visibility limited to you only!

Pros and Cons

Pros
  • Make checklists
  • Write notes and memos on the go
  • Set reminders
  • Capture and scan printed papers, handwritten documents & add audio/video files
  • Take notes in the form of sketch
  • Easy to use templates
  • Sync between devices

Cons
  • Offline notebook is a premium feature

My View

Evernote is undoubtedly one of the best note taking apps I have ever used. The UI is minimalist but not impressive. The template collection is huge and very useful. I like it much. Why I love Evernote mostly is, it's free version almost contain every feature we need in our day to day lives. Premium version of course offers some extra benefits like 10 GB monthly uploads, unlimited devices sync, offline notebooks etc. But I am absolutely okay with the free ones. Remember the free version supports 60 MB monthly updates and 2 devices at most to sync. If you want to upgrade to premium you have to pay around 2.6$ per month.  So if you are prone to forget things, or planning something for future dates, or just simply have some ideas, install Evernote and note them down. The handwriting searching, and note sketching is something unique that makes it stand out among other apps of the category.

I would surely recommend this app and will give it 4.6 out of 5.

Additional Information

Downloads

Download Evernote from Google Play Store

Or,

Download APK:
Evernote.apk (32.28 MB, Downloads: 6)

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +25 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-02-21 21:00:07
Favorites2 RateRate

Wizard Bunny

Ian Adoe | from Mi Note 10

Thanks for sharing...
2020-02-21 22:35:50
Useful app
2020-02-22 01:46:24
Old known app . I can say with Xioami s defaults have the same . Anyways than for you great work
Regards
2020-02-22 09:35:09
Useful app for planning notes.
2020-02-22 22:44:28
I am always using Evernote. Great app. Thanks for your review.
2020-02-24 08:40:03

Wizard Bunny

iMKajal | from MI 8

Nice Review!
2020-03-27 13:27:43