In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Others

[Discussion] Xiaomi store - disappointment

2020-02-16 08:49:24
461 21

Admin

Torlyn | from app

absdroid
Odd that it hasn't impacted Apple nor the Samsung store, business as usual there.

Because samsung and apple have a completely different business model. The store is an independent, running under a xiaomi licence, so they are responsible for their stock imports. Short of having planned for the coronavirus crisis, and having ordered a massive buffer of phones in advance, they do not have the resource of grabbing them from their local warehouses. And, before you ask, they couldn't do that as stock is one of the major costs in retail, and would make the prices skyrocket. There is a reason why apple and samsung phones are way more expensive, and it's not their tech...
2020-02-17 01:51:45

Bunny tiểu học

absdroid Author | from app

Torlyn
Because samsung and apple have a completely different business model. The store is an independent, running under a xiaomi licence, so they are responsible for their stock imports. Short of having planned for the coronavirus crisis, and having ordered a massive buffer of phones in advance, they do not have the resource of grabbing them from their local warehouses. And, before you ask, they couldn't do that as stock is one of the major costs in retail, and would make the prices skyrocket. There is a reason why apple and samsung phones are way more expensive, and it's not their tech...

Righhhht, if only Xiaomi employees explained this, or in fact to any questions I've asked them in the past.
Thanks for the responses all, really helpful.
2020-02-17 07:20:23

Bunny trung học

shingpkp | from app

darn. I missed out on buying display phones...
2020-02-17 07:42:07
shingpkp replied at 2020-02-17 12:42:07
darn. I missed out on buying display phones...

2020-02-17 09:44:19

Bunny mẫu giáo

6288665221 | from app

Hard!

2020-02-17 14:37:22

Bunny tiểu học

Fatbloke | from app

Don't think you can blame the virus! Ordered a Redmi note 7 with global rom for a friend two weeks ago and it's already arrived in the UK.
2020-02-17 21:38:52

Admin

Torlyn | from app

Fatbloke
Don't think you can blame the virus! Ordered a Redmi note 7 with global rom for a friend two weeks ago and it's already arrived in the UK.

As I said, the physical store and the online store are two different entities. The online store is based in France , and covers the whole of western Europe, therefore they have more clout and can keep largwr stocks. The store here is an indie under licence, with the issues that go with that.
2020-02-18 00:59:12

Bunny tiểu học

Fatbloke | from app

I believe that to be true but the Redmi note 7 i ordered came from China 🇨🇳
2020-02-18 03:42:46
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #19

Bunny đại học

yvnkstvr | from app

oh wow, how interesting :)
2020-02-25 14:34:14
Mi since 2013