In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 9/SE/T/T Pro/Lite

Master Bunny

@rale | from Mi 9T

thanks for sharing
2020-02-03 00:31:53

Master Bunny

M.Dx | from Mi 9T

Thanks for the info, but on my Mi 9T on Android 9 MIUI 11, random battery drain is sometimes happening for no obvious reason, it drain very rapidly while on sleep and make phone very hot and not responsive, the only fix is to force restart by holding power button for 10sec. It rarely happen but it still very annoying.
2020-02-03 00:32:06

Super moderator

feds64 Author | from app

@rale
thanks for sharing

No worries.
2020-02-03 00:32:09

Super moderator

feds64 Author | from app

M.Dx
Thanks for the info, but on my Mi 9T on Android 9 MIUI 11, random battery drain is sometimes happening for no obvious reason, it drain very rapidly while on sleep and make phone very hot and not responsive, the only fix is to force restart by holding power button for 10sec. It rarely happen but it still very annoying.

Noted.
2020-02-03 00:32:39
thanks
2020-02-03 00:49:29

Pro Bunny

DMCPEPlays | from Redmi 8A

Thanks for the tip!
2020-02-03 00:50:19

Master Bunny

mikica | from Mi 9T Pro

thanks for sharing
2020-02-03 00:50:29

Advanced Bunny

rrn8p | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

Hopefully the devs can further triage & fix this soon
👷
2020-02-03 00:50:37
Lol yet another reason to be glad to be a MIUIer and not still stuck on pure Android. This isn't the first time an unchecked Android feature caused major issues even on MIUI. I love using this example because it was tremendous and disruptive.

Back all the way in 2016 people were complaining so much about how MIUI was still on KitKat when Android had already moved on to Lollipop and soon to Marshmallow. But Lollipop had released and pretty much spent its whole lifetime with an untameable battery drain issue. Users found they could expend their whole battery in about 4 hours. Marshmallow claimed to have fixed that but it was also the first Android version to praise itself for "only" losing 2% battery life per hour while idling. Idling means when not in use at all. But Marshmallow also had a bigger issue for us MIUIers. It was the first version of Android to release its copy of our Permissions Manager so when Xiaomi finally buckled against all the complainers MIUI on Android Marshmallow started out its life with a giant problem. Android's Permissions Manager was not a real manager at least not like we have it. Android's manager gives you the option to shut off permissions requested by any of your downloaded apps. BUT while we can refuse permissions on MIUI if you did so on Android you wouldn't be able to use the app anymore. And worse Google would keep reminding you that you have permissions that you didn't grant. On MIUI this meant that all those permissions that we'd refused before would now pester us and also not work. But since we had this feature for so long you can bet we had plenty of apps that had permissions that were turned off. As soon as my phone rebooted I was flooded with these notifications and half my apps didn't work. (including the ones that were supposed to run in the background) One full month of this followed until Xiaomi finally fixed the problem by disabling Marshmallow's version.

But these days we know even more why battery is such a problem on Android. Don't be evil Google. Google uses most if not all of its services (including Gmail and the Playstore) to collect your data. Chrome uses targeted ads with that data among other things. So of course all of this would kill your battery. Thankfully this article flat out says this because time and time again the China ROM of MIUI doesn't suffer most of these Android problems. I think after Marshmallow the China ROMs start out with the Android features disabled. So far I have phones on Android N all the way to 10 and the only noticeable differences between them is whether they are MIUI 10 or 11. The way it should be.

So hopefully with so many cases of Android breaking our devices we'll start to get more people to ditch the Android. And hopefully if enough people stop caring about which dumb android version they are on then Xiaomi can stop worrying about that and spend more effort advancing the best smartphone OS on the market. (maybe eventually even getting us a stand alone MIUI)
2020-02-03 01:03:47

Master Bunny

Afiq Firdaus Aladin | from MI MAX 2

thanks for sharing.
2020-02-03 01:20:01