In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Note 10/Pro/Lite

[Review] Mi Note 10 Camera Review : 5 Camera For Everything!

2020-01-30 20:12:13
2704 33

Hello Everyone!

My name is Farisy Erhandito Siregar. For today's thread as the title goes, i want to review 5 camera's of Mi Note 10. As you guys already know Mi Note 10 is the highest rated Xiaomi's device regarding its camera quality. One more thing before we talk the camera quality, Mi Note 10 come with 2 different version. The one that i'm gonna review is the regular version that come with 6 GB of RAM, 128 GB of Internal Storage and 7P Camera lens. Meanwhile the Pro version comes with 8 GB of RAM, 256 GB of Internal Storage and 8P Camera lens. To be honest i can't find the quality difference of the photo with naked eye... So here's my review of Mi Note 10 Camera's!

1. The Main 108MP Camera

Before i talk about the result, i'm gonna do some recap of the feature and specifications for the 108MP Sensor. The sensor is made by samsung with product name S5KHMX. This is their latest innovation on phone photography. The sensor itself comes with 0,8 micron pixel size and it use Quad Bayer-Pixel Binning technology. So if you decide not to shoot with the 108 MP mode, the sensor will merge to 27 MP with 1,6 micron pixel size. You're gonna lose details compared to 108 but you gain a lot of performance in lowlight environment. Also, this samsung sensor have big sensor size at 1/1,33" and big aperture at F/1.69 that will come on handy later-on. Now you know a bit of this sensor, lets take a look at the results!

This is the 108 MP result. I like the colour accuracy of this scene the saturation is just right. And of course if you try to zoom the photo itself, you can get a lot of details from it. The one thing that makes me dont use this mode that much is because of the file size. It can go upto 25 MB/Photo which can fill up my 128 GB storage pretty fast. One thing you have to remember when using this mode is there is a bit of processing going on. So don't expect you can shoot multiple shot at the same time using 108MP mode.

So, most of the times i will use the AI+HDR mode because i think that is probably the mode people will use the most. For all of you that like to use point & shoot method that dont the hassle of changing settings in manual mode. This is the perfect Xiaomi phones for you! The image will comeout crisp and rich in colour. Especially the very good dynamic range that you can see on the picture above. You got the detail, highlight and shadow that will satisfy your eyes.

Remember that this is a big sensor and have big aperture? Those specs contribute to give Mi Note 10 a very natural depth of field effect or bokeh. Because you dont need the 12 MP potrait that i will talk later, you'll get a very detailed 27MP photo. So you can get more creative with how you take photos and share it with your firends!

Big sensor + big aperture + big pixel size + night mode 2.0 = Amazing lowlight performance! As you can see the lowlight result with the combined feature is very good. I dont think ordinary people that dont like tech think this photograph is taken by phone if you turn off the watermark. You'll get a very good colour reproduction and with very minimal noise level. Two things that matter the most when you take lowlight photos. So any of you getting more interested in Mi Note 10 already???

2. 20 MP Ultrawide Lens with 117° FOV

The ultrawide is a must-have for you that like to take super wide scene i.e landscape, architectural, and any condition that you can't fit in one frame. Also the lens distortion is close to none in this lens. So dont afraid of losing picture quality while using ultrawide mode. The photo will turn out very detailed and with similar colour profile to the main lens.

This is another example of having that extra degree of FOV. You can fit a lot more object in one frame than never before. Before i have this Mi Note 10 usually i have to take extra lens that clip on my camera to take this kind of picture. Now its very easy, just change it it your camera menu!

One more practical use for the ultrawide cam is group photo! You won't get those akward moment that you need to tell the person to change position because in doesn't fit on the frame. Also this ultrawide camera have autofocus feature that i think is absent from most of the phone that have this lens. So you can adjust how do you want to take the picture. Very neat isn't it?

3. Potrait Camera/2x Telephoto Lens

So Xiaomi market this lens as potrait camera. But in the other hand it doesnt always need to. You can also use this lens for 2x telephoto like this picture of my cat. I don't want to wake him up by getting to close, so i just switch my camera to 2x telephoto! You'll get a very strong bokeh effect too because this 12MP shooter also have F/2.0 aperture.

And when you decide to use it as potrait mode. It will give you an even better photo! The blur level is very natural with the object that cloaser to you getting less blur and the object that far away get more blur. Unlike other potrait mode that just crops the object and blur the background evenly. I haven't test this potrait mode more because i don't have any model at the moment :( ipromise that i'll update the thread later when i get a proper model!

4. 5x Telephoto Lens

The 5x Telephoto is optical zoom lens with upto 10x Hybrid that use the combined picture taken with the main camera and capability to take upto 50x digital zoom. This is a 5MP lens that take upsized picture to 8 MP. I'm a bit sceptical at first with this lens, but after i tested it really change the way i take photo. Usually when i see a detail on one frame i didn't bother taking the detail with digital zoom because the photo result will just look bad. With this 5x optical and its ease of use, i take more zoomed in photo to see the details. A very interesting lens isn't it?

Other than the little ornament that i took before. This 5x telephoto also help you give different perspective to take photo. You can use this framing method to take far away object and dont lose much detail. With help of the 4 axis OIS you can take this picture not worrying the shaking of your hand when you try to line up the shots.

With the upto 50x digital zoom capability, you can take this kind of gorgeous photo of the moon. In this shot i only use 16x because i think its good enough and you dont lose too much detail. And when you point your camera to the moon, it will prompt you to use the "moon mode" to give it a darker background and more focused to the moon. While this is an occasional use, its still good to know that you phone have the capability to take the shots!

5. 2MP Macro Lens

And the last but not least is the macro lens. I personally think that this lense is just to fulfill the penta camera setup. Because i'm not a big fan of macro lens and macro photography on general. I can't really unlock the true potential of this lens. So if any of you guys like to take macro photography, try it yourself and let me see the results on the comment section below please!

---- BONUS SECTION ---

6. 32MP Selfie Camera

Yes technically this is still camera lens on Mi Note 10. Might as well share my opinion on it. The selfie camera is very good and i think have similar detail level with the camera on the back. For you that likes to take selfies this is a good selfie cam, for me i only take occasional selfie because i think the storage space can be used for other more important things!

So the conclusion? Mi Note 10 is the most flexibel phone camera that i have ever used. You want a detailed photo? Got it. Take ultrawide shots? No problem. You want to take zoomed in photo? Of course you can! Oh and you want to photo little things? You can do that too. It will suit you that love to take photos and also for all of you that just do point & shoot things. My only little complain is sometimes the processing time might bother you a bit. But for me its all good and love these cameras. Versatile! that's my word for Mi Note 10 camera.

That's all for my thread, if you guys have any question or you want to discuss something. I will gladly answer it on the comment section below!

From me,
Farisy Erhandito Siregar

#BetterTogether
#JustForMiFans
#NoMiWithoutYou

2020-01-30 20:12:13
Favorites11 RateRate

Master Bunny

Didin Wahidin | from Redmi Note 8

very cool ,nice English version...
2020-01-30 23:27:16
Didin Wahidin replied at 2020-01-30 22:27:16
very cool ,nice English version...

Trying to do something new for the community :D
2020-01-30 23:51:35

Wizard Bunny

BeingBishal | from Mi 9T Pro

Awesome Review!
2020-01-31 00:11:04

Super moderator

Farisy Erhandito S Author | from Mi Note 10

BeingBishal
Awesome Review!

Thank you very much!
2020-01-31 00:13:49

Advanced Bunny

khasya_kai | from Redmi Note 8

nice
2020-01-31 00:44:36

Beta Team

Robi1980 | from Mi Note 10

Yes this phone is amazing. thanks for sharing
2020-01-31 01:50:19

Banned

1768743290 | from Redmi Note 8

galaxy s10 camera is better
2020-01-31 02:33:45

Super moderator

Farisy Erhandito S Author | from Mi Note 10

galaxy s10 camera is better

Get one and compared it by yourself then.
2020-01-31 02:40:48

Grand Master Bunny

m@soud | from Redmi Note 5

Thanks for Review
2020-01-31 04:39:29

Grand Master Bunny

Suter | from Redmi Note 7

Very helpful article thanks.
2020-01-31 05:40:55