In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Community

[Feedback] We Need You! #BetterTogether

2020-01-22 01:25:51
1621 19

Hi All!

Ok, so hopefully you've enjoyed reading about my amazing trip to China, courtesy of Xiaomi.
Perhaps you've thought - "He's a lucky so and so, I wish I could do something as amazing as that..."

Well, you can!

Xiaomi has always looked after it's Mi Fans - we are the reason our favourite tech company does what it does, as they say, there is #NoMiWithoutYou !!!

In every Community we are always looking out for top members, people who could one day become moderators too.

I remember back in the early days, even GunplaMad and Torlyn were 'just' Community members, but because of the great content they posted, and because they were such super helpful Mi Fans, as soon as we needed a little help they were the obvious choice to become moderators.

So, what I'm asking, is for you all to post more threads, give us some really great content! And help your fellow Community members when they've got questions! And enter all the competitions we run! And keep being awesome!

During my time in the Community I've been lucky enough to visit Madrid for the Mi A2 launch. I've gone to Beijing. I've been present at Xiaomi's UK launch. I've run around London on a treasure hunt, and gone to a film studio's UK HQ to watch the first screening of a movie! It's been unbelievable.

But, more than that, I also feel that Xiaomi has helped me grow as a person. I've always been naturally very shy, and found it incredibly difficult to meet new people or to face new experiences outside of my 'comfort zone' - like go up a mountain in a chair lift!!!

But Xiaomi has helped me meet people from all over the world! Indonesia, Thailand, Mexico, Russia, Vietnam, Ukraine, all over Europe, I've even met someone from Newcastle (take a bow TheDuke)... And even when I was 5000 miles from home and the only person from the UK, I haven't once felt out of place, or nervous, because once you meet you realise that we are really all the same - friendly, generous and dedicated to all things Xiaomi!!!

So, please please please, show us what you can do! Help us to make sure that the Mi Community is not just somewhere you go when you want to ask when your phone will get the latest version of MIUI (though Sudd1976 will always answer you) or if you want to post a selfie (BadBoyOfRock will make sure that it doesn't last long anyway!)

Let's make the Mi Community a place to read great threads. To go when you have a question, knowing that you'll get an answer and not be made to feel silly. A place to share ideas, and show our enthusiasm for Xiaomi!

That's enough from me - now over to you!!! #BetterTogether

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +21 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-01-22 01:25:51
Favorites7 RateRate

badboyofrock | from app

Wise words there, my well-travelled friend.
2020-01-22 01:28:42

Semi Pro Bunny

absdroid | from app

+1 Torlyn, the most patient moderator I've ever come across. Well done to all those moderators and active members doing their best to keep this community alive and kicking!
2020-01-22 04:03:59

Mi Influencer

Omar baghdady | from Redmi 5

amazing thread 👏👏
2020-01-22 04:37:30

Admin

Torlyn |

absdroid replied at 2020-01-21 20:03:59
+1 Torlyn, the most patient moderator I've ever come across. Well done to all those moderators and active members doing their best to keep this community alive and kicking!

Mwahah, you haven't seen me swear at my PC on some threads... End of the day, it's really a case of we are trying to help folk with what we know, because up the line we are helped with folk who know more (and just this week, one saved my bacon, big time). Best thanks really would be for you folk to do just the same, inboard newbies and be kind in return :)
2020-01-22 06:51:52

GunplaMad | from app

Thanks for the heart felt reach out to our members and it's good that you are helping direct us all after your visit to Xiaomi's HQ Mod meeting. This message as helped my feel revitalised of why I came to the community and how I need to creat some better content for the community. I have been lacking the inspiration lately due to personal issues needing addressed and I thank my fellow Mods for there continued support.
2020-01-22 14:51:47

GunplaMad | from app

Torlyn
Mwahah, you haven't seen me swear at my PC on some threads... End of the day, it's really a case of we are trying to help folk with what we know, because up the line we are helped with folk who know more (and just this week, one saved my bacon, big time). Best thanks really would be for you folk to do just the same, inboard newbies and be kind in return :)

He is being modest to be honest! Torlyn is around all the time for the community.
2020-01-22 14:55:03

SirLukas Author | from app

GunplaMad
Thanks for the heart felt reach out to our members and it's good that you are helping direct us all after your visit to Xiaomi's HQ Mod meeting. This message as helped my feel revitalised of why I came to the community and how I need to creat some better content for the community. I have been lacking the inspiration lately due to personal issues needing addressed and I thank my fellow Mods for there continued support.

Don't worry about that, your thread count puts us all to shame buddy!
2020-01-22 14:59:46
SirLukas

What we could've done without your awesome work in helping us, guys? torlyn tbh sometimes i fell like youre a robot programed to respond as quickly as possible. im just simply amazed by how fast you are there to help others.thank you all and keep up the good works guys.
2020-01-25 06:17:29
@XiaomiFam

Admin

Torlyn |

Daniel Amini replied at 2020-01-24 22:17:29
What we could've done without your awesome work in helping us, guys? torlyn tbh sometimes i fell like youre a robot programed to respond as quickly as possible. im just simply amazed by how fast you are there to help others.thank you all and keep up the good works guys.

Ahhhh, yes, there were some experiments done with a datajack, did give interesting results. Though I still act weird near powerful magnetic fields :P
2020-01-25 21:52:27

Rookie Bunny

dumpofurlife | from app

New Year
2020-01-27 00:25:13