In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [MI ART] Sure Universal Remote: One Remote to rule them all.

2020-01-20 19:11:14
1495 11

Sometimes it's for showoff, other times for fun and most times for convenience; whatever the case may attain, IR blaster is one of the pecks of having a xiaomi device, to a lot of new xiaomi users, it's often a shortlived expectation when your appliance is not supported by the official mi remote app.
A feeling I know too well, here is a much vast and bigger option than the mi remote app that you may be  looking for.
Welcome to SURE UNIVERSAL REMOTE review. Sure universal remote does not pose a huge difference from the mi remote app in terms of appearance
but in function.

ABOUT THE APP
Sure universal remote app is a necessary tool for anyone with the desire to conveniently control their electronic appliances with the use of their smartphone.Sure Universal Remote can be used to control a wide range of home/office/outdoor appliance. SURE supports using your smartphone to control TV, smart TV, AC, smarthome and more.With SURE, controlling your appliance has never been more convenient.

PLEASE NOTE:
your data connection must be turned on to perform the setting up of sure.You can then turn it off afterwards.
When you open SURE you are greeted with this broad wide screen

The next step in adding your electronic device is pretty simple and straight forward. While on the home screen, click the plus sign as demonstrated in the image below to add your device. There are a whole lot of device supported in Sure, ranging from Tvs, cables, smart tvs and more.

As displayed on the screen above, you are required to grant Sure Remote access to your location so it can have  access to WiFi connectivity for wireless transmission to smart TVs and other WiFi enabled devices. By default SURE will locatethe IR blaster option on your xiaomi device and simply require you
to click okay to take you to the next step of choosing your device of choice, which ranges  from Tv, smart tv, to dvd, air conditioner, etc. As shown on the
picture below, there is a search option for easy finding of your device name to avoid going throughthe hundreds of models of devices available in SURE.

After locating your electronic device name, all you need do, is to tap any of the displayed remote buttons on your phone screen and see if your device responds properly. If not, do not freight, click the direction button as shown in the image below to move to other available configured mode, there are usually a lot of configured options available to a device model and more often, theexact match for an electronic device is found.
For review purpose I chose beko seeing the TV I was testing the sure remote app with is made by beko.
After touching any of the displayed remote buttons on your screen, if your appliance does not respond properly, click the next button as shown above to move to the next available configuration, repeat this steps until you get the configuredoption that operatesyour appliance currently. After which you click save.
Refer to image below for photographic explanation.

After this, you get your TVs remote displayed as shown in the image below.

I know right? The remote appears as more of a written note than a remote system. This is due to the large space allocated to suit the purpose of having ads in the remote screen to annoy free users to become premium users. If you arrived at the above screen settings of your SURE UNIVERSAL REMOTE setup, Congratulations.You have finished setting up your device.

About The Premium purchase.
As you have noticed, SURE is not free of ads, this is the only way devs can both make money off their apps and still give it to users on a free basis. The cutback here is this, users get to sacrifice the clean display of the app and the beautiful interface of the remote setup. You can eradicate the ads from your screen by going premium and get a more cleaner adfree for your remote interface via SURE.

To become a premium user of Sure, access the settings page of your SURE app by clicking the 3 dots on the top right corner of the home screen of your SURE app, click "my account" locate the "premium" option down below. On this page you will find the option that displays the price of the premium purchase as shown below.

CUSTOMIZATION AND DARKMODE
Sure does support few personalization options like dark theme, custom panel and few more available to both free and paid users

ADDED FEATURES.
★ Media Player Feature★
When you think the devs of SURE is done, they stun you with more.The media player feature of SURE is by far the most exciting feature of this app to me, unfortunately, as at the time of writing this review I didn't have access to any smart tv.If you are more fortunate than me as regards to having a smart tv, do give the media player option a try.To Stream Photos and Videos from Your Phone to a Smart TV, your phone needs to be connected to your smart TV Via WiFi and/or DLNA. After which you can then use the inbuilt file browser of the SURE app to access video, image and audio formats of files stored in your device. The inbuilt file browser of SURE app supports "all video, audio and image formats" according to the description on playstore, seeing I am yet to try it out myself. Refer to the image below to know how to perform this operation with the use of SURE.

Pros
°Media Streaming° supports wireless streaming of media contents stored in your device to your smart TV. The benefits of this is, you get a bigger and better display of your content whilst streaming it to your smart TV.
°Support for older and newer electronics° Sure universal remote has a vast support for most appliances including older products that may be unknown to a lot of remote app devs, no need to kick that old TV or dvd or ac appliance to the recycling bin because SURE app is here.
°Cloud Dowland of more appliance remote configuration°   SURE Universal Remote has an inbuilt option which is automatic to download more models for your brand of appliance should the available configuration not get the job done.
°Customization feature° Simple but necessary customization and personalization options should you be interested in adding few tweaks to the look and feel of the SURE UNIVERSAL REMOTE APP whether for convenience or to distinguish your SURE app from the rest.

Cons
The free version of sure universal remote has ads, this makes the interface of the app look too busy for my liking and consumes more data than necessary.
But there is an option for in-app purchase should you be as irrated as I am about ads appearing on the app.
The appearance of a saved remote configuration looks mismanaged and this I think, is as a result of making a huge space for the ads being in a large chunk of the remote interface.

Conclusively, if you find your appliance not being supported by the mi-remote app, don't be disappointed, I am 92% sure the SURE remote app has you covered.
If you want to give the sure remote app a go,  you can get it on play store for free here

This is my review of the SURE Universal Remote app, until next one, remain blessed. #zesushv

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +30 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-01-20 19:11:14
Favorites4 RateRate
Very helpful app. Thanks for the review.
2020-02-03 22:16:26
nice one, keep it up.
2020-02-06 07:29:13
Very nice helpful review
2020-02-08 10:35:05
Thanks for sharing this review with us
2020-02-08 10:44:14

Wizard Bunny

BeingBishal | from Mi 9T Pro

Nice Review!
2020-02-09 11:46:50

Semi Pro Bunny