In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Review] Mi Vacuum Mop P (STYJ02YM) Firmware Update: Multi Maps & More

2020-01-19 21:00:58
40426 92

Hello Mi Fans,

In this X-EGG we will talk about the Mi Vacuum Mop P, better known as STYJ02YM.
In the last few weeks a new Firmware update was rolling out to End-Users in batches.
3 New features where added including the very desired option to save Multiple Maps.
Continue reading to know all about the new options...

Firmware: Version 3.5.3_0045

3 New Features:
1. Multiple Map Saving:
Probably one of the most desired feature for Robovac owners with multiple floorlevels. As soon as you pick up the STYJ02YM and place it on a floor different from the main map it will recognize and draw a new one. These Maps can be renamed and edited (Virtual walls etc) by own choice preferences.
This is a great add-on as many robotic vacuums can't save more than one map.

2. Choose Mopping Shape Route:
Xiaomi's 2 in 1 Robot can Vacuum and Mop at the same time.
This model is one of the best Mopping vacuums in the industry because of its innovative Y-Shape/Pattern Routing.
With the Y-shape method the robovac cleans the floor like it is scrubbing your surface and removes stains better than its competition.

Unfortunately, for very large floorplans it could become a problem to mop everything in one take as it consumes some battery.
To improve the amount of square feet that needs to be cleaned the STYJ02YM received an option to change to the traditional S-Pattern.

3. Consumables Statistics
Another feature that's been added is to check up-on the state of all parts that need to be renewed after an 'X' hours of duty.
Even though such an measurement is not always 100% correct it was an high request from many users.
The Vacuum regristrates the time these parts have been used and it functions as an indicator.

Thank you for reading this XEGG
Exclusively brought to you by the Mi Community

Don't want to miss out one of my product reviews?
Feel free to subscribe to my Youtube Channel (And be the first to watch)

X-EGG

Special Thanks To Our Beloved Admin @Elaine2046 For her Continuous Support.

2020-01-19 21:00:58
Favorites15 RateRate

Semi Pro Bunny

MBuli | from app

This new firmware has a big problems, during the cleaning it just stops with the message standby time too long Will turn off, and it goes off without finish in the job
2020-01-20 03:52:08

hanizzo Author | from Mi MIX 2S

MBuli
This new firmware has a big problems, during the cleaning it just stops with the message standby time too long Will turn off, and it goes off without finish in the job

Hello, I can confirm you are not the only one having this issue..I know atleast 2 people having the same thing going on.
Does this happen a lot? 1 out if 4 runs? 1 out if 10 runs?
Let's hope the engineers pick it up very fast and fix it.
best regards,
2020-01-20 04:51:32

Semi Pro Bunny

MBuli | from app

hanizzo
Hello, I can confirm you are not the only one having this issue..I know atleast 2 people having the same thing going on.
Does this happen a lot? 1 out if 4 runs? 1 out if 10 runs?
Let's hope the engineers pick it up very fast and fix it.

Maybe 1 of 6-8 runs
2020-01-20 15:21:42

Wizard Bunny

iMKajal | from MI 8

Thanks for sharing!
2020-01-21 11:57:18

News Reporter

MiSanders | from Mi MIX 3

thanks for sharing!
2020-01-30 06:00:49
You forgot to mention, this firmware includes a new feature of bricking the entire unit without the option of doing a factory reset! A google search shows that it is happening to many other people. I hope Xiaomi doesn't continue turning a blind eye to this problem because they aren't in the China "officially supported" region. Someone really messed up here and Xiaomi needs to fix this or loose a fan base/customers.
2020-02-12 04:11:09

Pro Bunny

yfilmphotography | from Redmi 3S

Cool
2020-02-12 14:52:31
I have one too. And I confirm the issues related by @MBuli
2020-02-16 02:57:38

Same issue with my,
2020-02-16 02:58:12
to Portugal this update is available ?
2020-02-28 00:46:33