In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Q&A] Mi Laser Projector 150" not detecting HDMI

2020-01-19 02:49:48
6950 30
Hello,

after yesterdays upgrade 17.01.2020, for a little while the projector continued to work well with my Apple TV. Today, it doesn't recognize any device connected to the HDMI ports. Does any one has an idea what can be done? Troubleshooting? I tried everything on the book with the Apple TV and it works on other displays. The projector simply doesnt connect to any device.

Thank you for your help!
2020-01-19 02:49:48
Favorites3 RateRate
Same happened to me. My projector arrived on 16th Jan and worked flawlessly.
On Friday all HDMIs got "killed" by automatic update. As I need the projector for game console it is currently useless.
I think the only hope is another software fix.
2020-01-19 04:51:16

Rookie Bunny

6283181663 Author |

impasy replied at 2020-01-18 21:51:16
Same happened to me. My projector arrived on 16th Jan and worked flawlessly.
On Friday all HDMIs got "killed" by automatic update. As I need the projector for game console it is currently useless.
I think the only hope is another software fix.

More information about what happened in more detail can be found here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android ... amp;utm_name=iossmf

It seems more people were affected by the AndroidTV 9 update.

There are some threads in xda developers and avsforums about it, discussing the situation as well.

Please, help!
2020-01-19 19:12:21
I'm experiencing the same issue. At first, the HDMIs were working fine, but the built-in chromecast was broken. After a reset, the chromecast fixed itself, but the HDMIs were no longer working. The picture is all black and no sound is coming in, even though the projector does know that there is a signal, and on the other side, the connected device knows that its connected to something that supports 1080p
2020-01-20 05:32:15
there must ba a bug after the update.
sometimes the more we update, the more trouble we get.

did you guys try to check the customer support of xiaomi regarding this matter?
2020-01-20 08:59:53
Hi all,

I too am experiencing this issue, for me it makes the projector next to useless!! I have contacted global support, local support here in Australia and raised the issue through the US online chat support. Chat support told me they'd received a lot of support requests following the update and were passing them on to the developers. Hopefully the issue can resolved through a patch!

Here's the email I sent to the support teams as yet I have not received a response:

"I have the Xiaomi Laser Projector 150. Model number: MJJGYY02FM.

On Friday night (17th January) the projector automatically updated itself from Android TV version 8.1 to version 9.

Since the update to Android TV 9 I have been unable to connect the projector through HDMI to any of my devices - I have Yamaha A/V receiver, Fetch TV box and Xbox one s. See attached screenshots for detail of the projector software version and the message received when attempting to connect to a device through HDMI.

I can 100% confirm the issue is not caused by either the cable or the devices:
To ensue there is not a connection/cable issue I first connected the xbox one into HDMI port 1 of the projector  and received the 'No Signal, 'The Video is unexpectedly unavailable' message. I then unplugged the xbox and using the same HDMI cable plugged it into an LG TV - everything worked fine!

In an attempt to fix the issue I did a full reset of the device using the Settings/Device/Preferences Reset function - unfortunately this did not resolve the issue and I am still unable to connect to external devices.

Please help, I bought this projector 8 months ago for my home theater, it was an expensive purchase for me and without HDMI connectivity it becomes of little use!"
2020-01-20 10:26:29

Rookie Bunny

6283181663 Author |

mitch002 replied at 2020-01-20 01:59:53
there must ba a bug after the update.
sometimes the more we update, the more trouble we get.

We have support has offers a canned answer:

Thank you for contacting Xiaomi Customer Support. I am Nandini and understand that you are facing an issue with your Xiaomi Laser Projector .
I regret to inform you that as of now we are not selling the Xiaomi products from our global website so I am unable to help you in this regard. Hence, would request you to coordinate with your point of purchase for better and quicker support.
For more information, you may refer to the Global Website: https://www.mi.com/global/service/warranty/ (If your region is Available) for updates regarding the warranty.
For any further queries, feel free to contact us.

My expectation is that they push an update OTA, that either reverses or solves the issue, since everyone seems to have the same problem.

Otherwise, I will have to return the device. It is useless if all the ports are broken.
2020-01-20 17:12:15
Global support have also told me to reach out to where I purchased the projector from. They added the following:

“Also, we are forwarding your concern as a feedback with our relevant team so that they can work upon the same. We assure you that we would do our best in order to avoid any further inconvenience to our customers.”

The good news is their product team should now be aware and accept the issue. It remains to be seen how long it will take for them to reproduce, fix, test and release the update. I’m weighing up how long to wait before pushing a warranty claim.
2020-01-20 17:55:20
Hello,
The Xiaomi Laser Projector (MiProjA1) is not recognizing any of the HDMI ports since the recent OTA (automatical) upgrade.

As per the link I found on web, there ate many customers facing the same problem:

Can you please escalete the problem to get a solution ASAP?
As a workaround, can you give us a previous software/firmware for the projector, so then we can put on the projector which was running well?
Please provide the instructions how to install the software too.

Thanks,
2020-01-22 19:11:44

Rookie Bunny

5264312719 | from app

I have been facing the same issue as well, eversince the latest upgrade. No HDMI port is recognised but its able to display via the AV input. Please help with a suitable patch or help us rollback to the previous firmware..
2020-01-22 19:42:41
Hello,
The Xiaomi Laser Projector (MiProjA1) is not recognizing any of the HDMI ports since the recent OTA (automatical) upgrade.

As per the link I found on web, there ate many customers facing the same problem:

Can you please escalete the problem to get a solution ASAP?
As a workaround, can you give us a previous software/firmware for the projector, so then we can put on the projector which was running well?
Please provide the instructions how to install the software too.

Thanks,
2020-01-23 14:45:44