In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [MI ART] MemRise: A Fun Way to Learn Language

2020-01-18 13:57:30
911 14
Hello MIUIers,

Hope you all are doing good. Language is the basic means of communication between people and we communicate with each other with help of language whether it be spoken language or written language like messaging, emails etc. Communication is only possible if 2 people communicating understand each other language and can freely express what they are trying to say. English is one of the common language spoken by most but many people still speak in their native language and most people don't know English as well. If you are looking to learn a language then look no further Memrise would help to learn any language you want.

R E V I E W
FIRST LOOK
This is a first look of Memrise. You need to register with your email address or from Facebook. After signing up you can choose the language you want to learn and proceed forward.

I choose to learn Japanese as I was interested to learn Japanese after watching some animes. You can also choose to learn English if you are not a English speaker.

Learning the Language
So you must be thinking what is so special about Memrise there are other apps available too where you can learn language. Yes, there are many apps available to learn language but Memrise makes learning fun and focuses on reading, writing and speaking the language in an interactive way. I would explain how Memrise makes learning fun.

First lets talk about reading and writing. As you start the lesson you will learn new words with help of drawings and speech and later there is a question where you need to choose the correct option or write the word you learned. Isn't it fun .

Here you can see the lady is writing the word as well as pronouncing it and we have to choose the correct option for the same word and if we get it correct we will get points. There are even bonus points for consecutively answering the correct answers. It serves as a motivation to get more correct answers and get more points. The boy on the right is pronouncing the word and you can listen by just tapping on screen to listen carefully and practice in the speech.As I mentioned there is a quiz after you learn certain words where you have to pick or write the correct words to get points.

Here you can see in one you have to pick the right option while in another you have to write the word that you learned. These quizzes are the most fun part in the app and everytime you learn a word there is a quiz later to pick a word or to write which helps to improve your reading and writing.

There is even speaking practice to practice your speaking to get the pronounciation right. First listen to the word then try to speak in the same manner.
Sugoi! Oops, I mean incredible just applying a bit of Japanese I learned .

However there is one drawback to the app. You need to pay to get access to all the lessons which is quite sad . The lessons are locked and can be unlocked only by paying for the premium service. It would be better if we can learn in free and pay for other services. If you get Memrise premium you can access all lessons and also be able to unlock offline mode to practice offline as well. Quite a good incentive to use premium version of Memrise.

I am having a fun time learning the language as the interactive method of learning is quite fun to learn language. The only problem for me to use Memrise is that it requires internet connection so I can use it only in home and you need to pay to unlock all lessons and I am trying to learn speaking more but there is limited speaking available for now.

Pros & Cons
Pros
  • Small size of app.
  • Interactive method of learning with quizzes and writing and reading the words.
Cons
  • Requires internet connection (Unless you go premium and get offline mode).
  • Need to pay to get all the lessions.

CONCLUSION:
Memrise is a fun way to learn any language you like and it is quite small in size so you can easily download it. However, the app requires internet connection and you need to pay to get full experience which is quite sad. If you get premium version then you can unlock all the lessons and also have offline mode to learn offline.

My rating
♦♦♦

Additonal Information

Downloads:

Or
Memrise companion.apk (7.54 MB, Downloads: 1)

Rate

Number of participants 5 Experience +65 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-01-18 13:57:30
Favorites5 RateRate

Super moderator

Katrix | from MI 6

Nice review
2020-01-18 15:59:58

Wizard Bunny

BeingBishal | from Mi 9T Pro

Awesome Review!
2020-01-19 09:52:46
Thanks for your great review! Keep it up
2020-01-22 12:09:22

App Review Team

zesushv | from app

I have always thought of learning other languages. My friend you have done a great work by reviewing this app. Thanks for your contribution.
2020-01-22 21:49:56
thanks for the great app and review
2020-01-23 19:23:39
nice review
2020-02-04 15:28:37
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #7
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #8
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #9

Pro Bunny

1724657927remanso | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

I'm going to see him;Thanks..
2020-02-08 08:15:48