In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Chat

[Off-topic] [Mi Resources Team] Spotify playlists for your pets? OK, we’ll bite

2020-01-16 19:14:44
535 5

Hi, MIUI Users

First came your daily mixes, then your top songs of the decade, and mostrecently your daily podcasts. Now Spotify is unveiling its latest playlistgenerator—this time, for pets.
The new Pet Playlists are “algorithmically created” and “based onyour listening habits and your pet’s attributes,” says Spotify, tongue firmlyin cheek.
Wait, is Spotify just trying to troll us? Perhaps, but we’re not going tolook a gift horse in the mouth, so let’s get started.
First, you’ll need to pick a pet, such as a cat, a dog, a hamster, or abird. Iguanas are on the list too, but no snakes or fish (“they don’t haveears”).
Next, you’ll have to answer a few questions about your pet using a sliding lever. Relaxed or energetic? Shy or friendly? Apathetic or curious? You get the drift.

Finally,you get to name your pet and upload a photo of your pooch, feline, or scaly four-legged friend.
Once that’s done, Spotify will do its magic, cooking up a playlist that “you’ll both enjoy.” While admitting that creating playlists for pets “ isn’t an exact science,” Spotify says it worked with “experts” to come up with the “best approximation” of the tunes that pets would find most appealing.
I created a Pet Playlist for “Spot,” my fictional dog (our landlord doesn’t allow pets), and the mixwas, well, not bad! The Doobie Brothers and “Old Town Road,” both in heavy rotation in our apartment, were present and accounted for, along with “You Takea Dog” by Kurt Lanham, “Laughing at the Moon” from David Darling, “Squirrel Hunters” by Special Consensus, and (of course) “My Dog and Me” from John Hiatt& The Goners.
In all seriousness, Spotify has been promoting its playlists—both those curated by humans andauto-generated ones based on your listening habits—pretty hard over the past several months, with podcast playlists being Spotify’s latest innovation.
The reasoning behind Spotify’splaylist push is obvious: the more you’re wedded to your daily mixes and favorite curated music lists, the less likely you are to jump to Apple Music, Pandora, or another streaming music competitor.
At its most recent quarterly earnings call back in October, Spotify announced that it had a whopping 113 million paid subscribers, versus the 60 million users subscribed to Apple Music as of last June.
That said, Spotify hasyet to release subscription figures for the pet demographic.

2020-01-16 19:14:44
Favorites RateRate

Wizard Bunny

Ian Adoe | from Redmi Note 5A Prime

Interesting.. thanks for the info...
2020-01-16 22:30:43
Brilliant! I've just created and downloaded a pet playlist for my puppy Jessica. She seems to love this special playlist very much. Now I am going to download this playlist from Spotify by using my AudFree. Hope to listen to the music offline when walking the dog.
2020-03-23 18:23:20
Thanks for your sharing! For getting some pet playlists for my pet Champion, I got some from this page: https://www.drmare.com/spotify-music/best-spotify-playlists-for-pets.html And now my pet enjoys these songs everyday.
By the way, the developer from this page holds a big Christmas party for all its products, even at free. If you want to get one, you could check from: https://www.drmare.com/special/xmas-sales/
2020-12-24 11:50:16
Great idea!!! I found this one day and I've generated several playlists for my pets. And I'll download them to my Hi-Fi speaker with Spotify to MP3 converter.
2020-12-28 11:48:10
So cute ;) I will pick a cat and use Spotify Music Converter to download Spotify playlists to listen offline.
2021-01-12 15:02:55