In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 2S

[ROM] USB connection problem to PC

2020-01-13 16:30:06
1135 4
Dears,

I checked few forums for miui and couldn't find solution to my problem.
The issue I have is causing that PC doesn't see the phone. What I have tried:

- different cables
- different PCs
- debbuginig is on
- restore factory defaults
- reinstall drivers for PC
- MIUI PCsuite

nothing above works.

I was oryginally on custom miui, with installed TWRP. However, I thougt that this was rootcause of the problem. I decided then came back to MIUI Global 11.0.4.  Global ROM I installed via OTG. With this move I lost TRWP and now, don't have PC access to reinstal TWRP. So currently I'm not sure what are my options to instal that again.

Regarding USB diagnose, when it's connected to PC, phone bips when it plugs and charges, however nothing comes up to selecet MTP. I changeg in system to either transfer photos, connect as MTP.  None of the other options worked either. I run also diagnostics tool on the phone to check if USB port works and in both charging and OTG connection with reverse plug works fine. Fastboot works, but due to the fact, PC doesn't see the phone, ADB hasn't hooked it up. Means, updating system via consol is not an option, unless USB detecability will be restored...

Any ideas what to do to restore PC connectivity? Appreciate any guides how to resolve this issue. If similar problem has been already resolved, I would be thankful if someone would direct me there either on PM or below this post.

I tried to find help on miuipolska but they thrown away my post into the bin and said I'm lazy spamer, gave me penalty points, locked my acocunt and said becuase of people like me their forum looks like trash... Not sure if they are offical Xiaomi partner or not, but were extremely rude and hopefuly they are have nothing to do with Yourself.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2020-01-13 16:30:06
Favorites1 RateRate
I have the same problem too!
2020-01-15 02:12:48

Semi Pro Bunny

Galanokos | from Mi MIX 2S

I had a similar problem. Was getting an error when switching to MTP and after factory reset still the same. Then I switched using my front panel USB port of my PC to the back and it worked and after that front panel USB port was working again. Not sure if that helps. Good luck.
2020-01-15 16:55:12
Galanokos replied at 2020-01-15 08:55:12
I had a similar problem. Was getting an error when switching to MTP and after factory reset still the same. Then I switched using my front panel USB port of my PC to the back and it worked and after that front panel USB port was working again. Not sure if that helps. Good luck.

Hi, thanks for the response. AS I wrote above, I tried many configurations of the same PC with different USBs, cables nothing has worked so far. I tired different PCs as well, without success.
2020-01-15 17:09:32
Tambem enfrento o mesmo problema....
2020-02-23 04:41:57