In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Xiaomi

[Other] SirLukas' China Diaries Part 4 - The Great Wall! #BetterTogether

2020-01-11 23:37:54
1037 23
There in the mist, enormous, majestic, silent and terrible, stood the Great Wall of China. Solitarily, with the indifference of nature herself, it crept up the mountain side and slipped down to the depth of the valley...

Hi All!

No prizes for guessing where I went today :-)

The word 'awesome' is used a lot these days, and seldom about things that actually inspire awe. Be in no doubt about it, the Great Wall of China is AWESOME. It's incredible, breathtaking and humbling to think that over 1500 years ago the Chinese built this unimaginably impressive structure.

(ok, the section we visited at Mutianyu was built starting in 1404, but it replaced an existing 6th century wall)

We reached the wall by chairlift. It was, frankly, terrifying. I didn't enjoy a second of it - so to take my mind off the horror (and to annoy BadBoyOfRock) I took a selfie ;-)

Once we reached the top, I realised that we weren't at the top at all... In fact we were just at the first watchtower, we needed to climb down, then up, then up again.

Please be assured that when I say climb, I don't mean 'walk up some steps', this was seriously steep.

We finally reached the top watchtower, and it felt like a pretty good achievement. And thankfully, most of the way back was downhill.

I say most, because the final stretch looked like this!

At least I didn't have to bear the chairlift on the way back down, we had something much more fun, a toboggan run!

After that the Xiaomi team took us into the centre of Beijing, for some retail therapy :-D

Sadly tomorrow is my last day in this (literally) awesome city.
I've had a great time, made lots of new friends, and had some really good discussions about how to improve the community.

Once again I'd like to thank my fellow moderators and Xiaomi for giving me this opportunity.

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +16 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-01-11 23:37:54
Favorites11 RateRate

badboyofrock | from app

Excellent work, my friend. Some nice pics there. But you do me a disservice, cos I LOVE a selfie. You know that!
2020-01-11 23:47:24

Admin

Torlyn | from app

Think of it as paying in advance for a few pints :p
2020-01-12 00:07:21
A great trip. Great pics. Regards.
2020-01-12 01:21:15

GunplaMad | from app

I only buy Uniqlo clothing now for the last half a year. Some great sales on all the time in the UK.
2020-01-12 04:24:12

GunplaMad | from app

badboyofrock
Excellent work, my friend. Some nice pics there. But you do me a disservice, cos I LOVE a selfie. You know that!

He shared a selfie!
2020-01-12 04:24:49

Pro Bunny

TheDuke | from app

badboyofrock

you heard it here first folks. 😂😂😂😂😂
2020-01-12 05:19:31

Pro Bunny

TheDuke | from app

you've done us all proud. I don't think anyone one of us could have represented the Mi community UK like you have.
it's been a great few days, but more importantly, it's great to know that Xioami appreciates the work we do. I'm sure in time this great adventure will bring testimony of how great Xioami are when it comes to looking after those who dedicate their free time to promoting the good they do.
2020-01-12 05:23:49

Navysri | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

Better Together. You'll never walk alone.
2020-01-12 15:50:22

Admin

Torlyn |

TheDuke replied at 2020-01-11 21:23:49
you've done us all proud. I don't think anyone one of us could have represented the Mi community UK like you have.
it's been a great few days, but more importantly, it's great to know that Xioami appreciates the work we do. I'm sure in time this great adventure will bring testimony of how great Xioami are when it comes to looking after those who dedicate their free time to promoting the good they do.

Agreed, I think SL has the best mix of qualities to get our points to HQ, represent our spirit and values, and do justice to the food to boot :P
2020-01-12 18:04:49

Wizard Bunny

Ian Adoe | from Redmi Note 5A Prime

nice trip... 👍👍
2020-01-12 18:14:04