In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Chat

[Off-topic] Cyber fraud disguised as online dating

2019-12-28 16:30:22
937 8
Quite recently there's the proliferation of online dating request on Mi Community. Members are inundated with unsolicited requests. Members need to be careful not to fall to cyber criminals. This is expected because within a short time Mi Community is growing with a lot of members stemming from the rising popularity of Xiaomi phones, hence the Community has attracted the attention of scammers. These may not be truly ladies who are looking for love. Otherwise they'd have plied their trade in online dating sites. Tomatoes are bought in vegetable groceries or markets but not in phone shops and vice versa.
Most probably these are scammers: advance fee fraudsters and romance scammers. They may not even be ladies. Men who have posted pictures of ladies to trap unsuspecting men. They're there to deceive prospective victims to send money. There's no way of tracing them when the funds are wired to them. There's the advance fee fraudsters who would claim they know of funds of prominent corrupt politicians stashed in a foreign bank and need assistance to repatriate the funds. There's always promise of a reward for anyone helping. They are fraudsters, they sometimes claim to be related to the politicians.
One needs to be wary not to fall victim. Tell tale signs: the English they use are too bad. The spelling of the politician's name is wrong. Sometimes the politician doesn't come from the country they claim the so-called president or other comes from.
If one replies them, they get the email address and send even more request. Best is to ignore them.
2019-12-28 16:30:22
Favorites RateRate

Grand Master Bunny

Suter | from Redmi Note 7

Good advice.
2019-12-29 02:45:03
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #2
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #3
Good, but I think sometimes people are guilty of that themselves. I read this article about the body language that shows if a married woman wants you. If you are that woman, and this is mutual, that's just great. But if you don't want that, but send contradictory signals, then don't come and say that people are flirting with you!
2020-08-27 18:09:55
I was the victim of one of these cybercriminals... I met a guy on a dating site. We chatted a lot and I didn't even notice how I fell in love with him. He shared my love of romantic movies http://breakupangels.com/best-breakup-movies/ and classical music. One day, he asked me to transfer $20 to his bank card because he forgot the cash at home. As it turned out later, through my card number, he was able to issue a loan to me and just disappeared. The next day his account was deleted. So please be always alert.
2020-11-30 22:16:10
MontanaLo replied at 2020-11-30 16:16:10
I was the victim of one of these cybercriminals... I met a guy on a dating site. We chatted a lot and I didn't even notice how I fell in love with him. He shared my love of romantic movies http://breakupangels.com/best-breakup-movies/ and classical music. One day, he asked me to transfer $20 to his bank card because he forgot the cash at home. As it turned out later, through my card number, he was able to issue a loan to me and just disappeared. The next day his account was deleted. So please be always alert.

Oh, what a situation...the guy ia the tricky one
2020-12-01 20:21:43
I want to tell you that it's not as bad as you think. First of all, I can show you that it is possible to find love online. I met my girlfriend on an online dating site and I didn't fully believe her either. But when she came to me from Ukraine, I was shocked by her beauty.  These days online dating is just as common a way to meet people as you are to worry too much about it. This dating site won't fool you https://bride-forever.com/blog/top-20-online-dating-tips-for-men-5 . Believe it or not, it's up to you. You can check it out from your own experience.
2020-12-18 18:11:02
WexIShere
Highly recommend you find a couple of new guys at online dating site reviews . There are a lot of interesting people for me. It's also nice to chat with such good girls there because you can't worry about anything, because they love it and are open-minded.
2021-01-09 19:14:04