In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [Mi App Review Contest] Mi Browser.

2019-12-23 22:44:25
1185 12
The need for a smooth, fast and simple web browsing app has always been a quest that attracts so much attention and precise decision; To a very large extent, its unending.

Welcome to My MI BROWSER review.
My goto browsers were always uc browser and puffin . Puffin has two options available on the Google play store, the free and paid option. The paid option of puffin is obviously the best option for a simple reason, it offers an ad-less experience. Whether it be simple or clustered, having a browser which blocks ads but has an inbuilt ads mechanism is just wrong. Like really? You block ads from other sites but the browser is an ads agent. What's the logic? For this simple reason, the free version of puffin is just wrong.

Uc browser on the other hand offers so much in terms of browsing experience. It's fast, easily customizable and does support themes in itself, making it the best browser available to tweaking users. The real butt-bite of the uc browser is the endless struggle of ads you are faced with while attempting to use the app.

The banner of ads you face when you open or quit the Uc browser after the last two update has eradicated every joy that is derived from using uc browser.

Until I got the redmi 8, I have tried numerous browsers.
To be honest, I am not one to use a phone's stock browser because I believe they always lack that touch of class that makes third party browsers better than stock browsers.

These were facts I had before; I met the Mi stock browser.

The Mi stock browser is like puffin pro and uc browser merged together in one.
It's unique, clean and for all that matters; adfree. Or is it?
I have seen comments on the Web talking about xiaomi having inbuilt ads, but luckily, I haven't seen any on the mi stock browser.

The mi stock browser has so many browsing options to make your browsing experience beautiful and easy.
Options like:
REDUCE DATA USAGE

This feature actually turns everything thst is not text related on the web page you are visiting, off. From images, to video auto play and even emojis. This is a very important feature if you need to quickly check something online with a slow network or a low data balance.

FIND ON PAGE.

I find this option most exciting, instead of scrolling endlessly through a bizarre and lengthy writeup on the web page you are visiting trying to find a word or phrase, all you need is, click on *find on page* on the mi browser, type in the search word and easily jump to the result.

NIGHT MODE

This is a necessary feature when using the browser at night for easy reading and less eye-disturbing light rays from the white browser background. This feature helps darken the background of the browser as well as the web page you are visiting.

There are other numerous and exciting features on the mi Browser that you will enjoy; like BLOCK POP-UPS, USER AGENT, DESKTOP MODE, INGONITO MODE and much more.

SOMETHING MISSING IN MI BROWSER.
Two options I would love to be added to the mi Browser in future updates that will make the mi browser a perfect browser for me: are these.
THEMES: Xiaomi prides herself in high customization of their miui android skin, it will be great to have that same customization option available on the mi browser by including theme option into the fold.
It will unleash the exciting customization spirit in every mi_fan and also bring the much enjoyed theme option of the miui to mi browser.

The second is similar to the first: BACKGROUND CHANGE.
I will very much like the option to change the background of the mi Browser to help make the mi browser experience more "Mi_like" to give that personal touch of class to the browser, so every page opening is just simply attractive to see.

There is a none stock option of the mi Browser available on Google play store that can be downloaded on none MI phones, it's the MINT browser by xiaomi. Mint browser does offer some exciting features like the Mi browser. Link to the mint browser via play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mi.globalbrowser.mini

This is my review of the mi stock browser, for more app reviews: do stick around.
Yours always #zesushv
2019-12-23 22:44:25
Favorites3 RateRate

Bunny tiến sĩ

pui07 | from Redmi 5 Plus

thanks
2019-12-24 00:38:34

App Review Team

zesushv Author | from Redmi 8

Plessure is mine mi_love
2019-12-24 00:52:31

Bunny tiến sĩ