In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI ROM

[Feature Request] Xiaomi Android One devices Camera 2 API disabled by default (A1, A2 and A2 Lite)

2019-12-23 05:43:31
489 5
Hello,
i want ask if its possible enable Camera2API feature for this Android One devices: A1, A2 and A2 Lite.
We try this with Google and we dont success as you can read here:

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/118658586

We try many times on your old forum and new forum too with no success or proper answer from devs.
So now is time to get some answer now. From what i know is pretty simple to enable it:

setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1
setprop persist.camera.eis.enabled 1

But if we want to do this, we need unlock bootloader, we need modified bootloader and we risk security of our device.
In Android One devices i expect no such limitations. If its somehow problem to enable it globally for everyone, you can do it like enable/disable switch in developers menu, and who want it can enable it without problems with bootloader and so on.

Thank you for your reasonable response.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-12-23 05:43:31
Favorites RateRate

Feedback Team

wai_yan | from Mi Note 3

Dear user, Thank you for contacting the feedback subforum. Kindly ask your a query in your device subforum for better assistance and specific device team member will help you as feedback subforum only deals with MIUI related issue. Thanks for understanding.
2019-12-23 09:36:36

Wai_Yan
Myanmar
Feedback Team

Master Bunny

mikomut Author |

wai_yan replied at 2019-12-23 02:36:36
Dear user, Thank you for contacting the feedback subforum. Kindly ask your a query in your device subforum for better assistance and specific device team member will help you as feedback subforum only deals with MIUI related issue. Thanks for understanding.

hi, I was pointed here, to make feature request, and there is no such submenu for AndroidOne devices, so i make it here. And now you tell me, that i need do it in device section where we already have 999+ threads about Camera2API and no proper response, only FEDS64 point us to feature request section, few examples:

https://c.mi.com/thread-2731422-3-1.html
https://c.mi.com/thread-2735064-1-0.html

2019-12-23 16:42:11

Rookie Bunny

XAVI98 | from Mi A2

I hope somebody listen to us
2020-01-16 08:50:07

Feedback Team

wai_yan | from Mi Note 3

Dear user, Thank you for your suggestion. If  you have any feature request then you can make a new thread in feature request selection along with polling option. Cause developers will do consider people's voting. Thanks.
2020-01-16 13:09:06

Wai_Yan
Myanmar
Feedback Team

Master Bunny

mikomut Author | from Mi A2 Lite

wai_yan
Dear user, Thank you for your suggestion. If  you have any feature request then you can make a new thread in feature request selection along with polling option. Cause developers will do consider people's voting. Thanks.

one year allreadt pass and still norhing, here is request Survey Camera2api come built in android 10 update, On devices: Mi A2 / Lite, A3  https://c.mi.com/thread-2735064-1-0.html?t=1611838379802
with polling option, but we all know that dont help either ...
2021-01-28 20:55:39