In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Review] Go Steady With Mijia 3-axis Handheld Gimbal

2019-12-19 13:22:38
14910 117

Hei Mi fans,

Wassup everyone? Hope to find everyone joyous and enthusiastic. Today, I am gonna make a quick review of the Mijia 3-axis Handheld Gimbal. It's pretty useful, especially those who are ushering the Christmas season and New Year. Let's see how it stacks up.

Mijia 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal is made from plastic yet it feels sturdy in the hand. As for the gripping area it is rubberised achieving a grippy texture that is pleasant to hold, and it has a decent weight to it that makes it feel substantial in the hand. The gimbal adopt a high-precision sensor and full closed loop servo system, enhance the rigidity and stability of the PTZ (pan–tilt–zoom) greatly. The gimbal has a customisable trigger button on the rear (use the app to customise it), as well as buttons on the front to start and stop recording, and a 4-way joystick to control gimbal direction. Hence, it is only 4-way, the gimbal can only pan or tilt at one fixed speed. All the essential buttons and switches are easily accessible to meet your requirements for video shooting. It comes with a 5000mAh battery to keep you going shooting your clips and footage at least for more than 4 hours of usage. In addition, it comes with a Safety Shutdown System when you bumped the gimbal into something too hard it will shut down itself and to re-activate the gimbal you simply need to press the trigger button twice. Trigger button supports the function of multi-mode customization to meet fast switching among modes.

Main Features:
● The grip supports smartphone or camera with measurement of 56 - 86mm and weight of 200g
● Trigger button supports the function of multi-mode customization to meet fast switching among modes.
● Supports triaxial mechanical stabilization, high accuracy attitude sensors and closed loop servo system makes sure you can get a stable and smooth image even in a shaking environment
● Vertical, upside down, side - pat and flashlight modes can be easily switched
● Intelligent follow mode, you just need to select the target in the Mi Gimbal App, the gimbal will automatically control the phone to follow the target.
● Multiple Shooting Modes: Support switch shooting modes in vertical, suspension, side shooting, flashing and so forth.
● Acts as a power bank for your phone or device up to max. output of 5V/1.5A

Mi Gimbal App
To fully utilize the functions of the gimbal you need to download the Mi Gimbal by Fimi. This can be done by scanning the Instruction Pamphlet or download from the link below

The app is pretty basic and works independently from your camera device other than the start/stop recording buttons and zoom trigger on the gimbal. You can customize the pan/tilt speed, set up the custom function button and change the mode of the gimbal. Moreover, which is very useful, the AI Smart Track, makes Mobile Photography so easy to track a given subject and it does the rest of the filming for you and keeping the target subject always in view and it does 360° without angle limitation making the recording process more easy.

Footage Using Mi 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal:

Verdict
After a couple hours fiddling with the gimbal, it's easy to take off and start shooting. Even though, I didn't get to read the User manual, it was easy to grasp the buttons and functions. Well, it does a pretty decent job. Quality of image stabilisation is satisfactory which manage to smooth out most bigger bumps and jolts during my bike ride. The ergonomic design is definitely an advantage.

Rate

Number of participants 4 Experience +46 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-12-19 13:22:38
Favorites58 RateRate

Grand Master Bunny

AryanSh | from Redmi 4

hope it gets launched in my country
2019-12-19 14:02:59

Rookie Bunny

cappy0815 | from Mi 9T Pro

Hi,
I use this gimbal sometimes and I very like it.
it is a little bit heavy and I needed some time to get it run, but now it's fine
regards from Germany
cappy
2019-12-19 14:04:52

Grand Master Bunny

myrichgoh | from MI 8

Thanks for sharing...
2019-12-19 15:21:58

Pro Bunny

MadK9 | from Redmi Note 5

Got this device as a prize... did not get to use it as it was faulty straight from the factory!!!!
Even the box was sealed after open it and tried to start the gimbal, it wouldn't start... led orange error... did not misshandle it... or block the arms...
After almost caught on fire when it was charging and died for good I decided to tear it apart. My fear was well justified as I found out bad soldering on a logic board IC chip including a short on 2 pins of that IC chip!!!
I have written a post about this and included more pictures...
I'm sad of my own misfortune... 😩
2019-12-19 15:29:32
It's an amazing device. Thanks for sharing.
2019-12-19 15:39:44
Moderator | Photography
Mi Global Community

Master Bunny

Oz14 | from MI MAX 2

awesome
2019-12-19 15:52:47

Rookie Bunny

6275637971 | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

thanks for sharing
2019-12-19 16:10:44

Pro Bunny