In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Tips & Tricks

[] MIUI 11 Redmi Note 8 Pro

2019-12-18 05:59:49
519 6
After installing an SDCard in the phone and formatting it as internal memory (Which Worked Perfectly). System Launcher refuses to work. It will NOT save layouts and creates multiple shortcuts of the same application on install. Installed Mi Home Launcher which Works. Has any body else experienced this, MIUI 11 System Launcher should support SDCard BUT IT CLEARLY DOES NOT has ANY body got a workaround as I would like to use system launcher as it supports ALL of the gesture's that can be done on this phone.
2019-12-18 05:59:49
Favorites RateRate

Admin

Torlyn | from app

It might be that the card slows down the phone, and the launcher struggles with it. What class is it?
2019-12-18 10:10:45

Rookie Bunny

Lancefield Denton Author | from app

Torlyn
It might be that the card slows down the phone, and the launcher struggles with it. What class is it?

Thanks for the reply Ultra A1 100MB/s Class 10 Micro SD which is fast but as you say when I look in the notification log there dies seem to be a problem at start up EVEN THOUGH the card passed miui 11 validation for the process without error. Mi Launcher Pro v1.1.1 works flawlessly but doesn't support all of miui 11 gesture's. Also tried the Poco Phone Launcher v2 this had exactly the same problem !!!. I think personally the card is fast enough it is something to do with the way the Xiaomi Launcher's start that is causing the problem. Again thanks for what ever help you can offer
2019-12-18 12:55:47

Admin

Torlyn |

Yeah, it should be indeed fast enough, just checking as it's generally the issue. HAve you tried a non Xiaomi launcher, just to see if it indeed is the culprit?
2019-12-18 18:54:03

Rookie Bunny

Lancefield Denton Author | from app

Torlyn
Yeah, it should be indeed fast enough, just checking as it's generally the issue. HAve you tried a non Xiaomi launcher, just to see if it indeed is the culprit?

It works with ALL Launchers Except Xiaomi ones. Have it running flawlessly with Mi Launcher Pro v1.1.1 not rooted phones totally stock. Mi Launcher Pro is perfect just doesn't support swipe up to go to the default screen but other than that it far surpasses the Xiaomi Launchers even though its an OLDER clone. Again thanks for your help.
2019-12-18 19:11:45

Admin

Torlyn |

Ok, then I'd say, drop in a feedback ticket (in the settings-feedback section), and it might be fixed at the next update :)
2019-12-18 20:33:15
Try Evie launcher, I am very happy with it.
2019-12-21 04:17:15