What is DNS?
The system connected to a network that communicates with other devices receives an IP address, and DNS gives the mechanism so that domain names can be translated. It can convert the IP address so that the computer can recognize it.
How to change settings of DNS in Control Panel
Follow the given steps of changing settings of DNS in Control Panel:
2. Tap Network and Internet.
3. Tap Network and Sharing Center.
4. Tap on Change adapter settings.
5. Choose the properties option by the right-click network interface.
6. Select and verify Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
7. Tap Properties option.
8. Choose Use the following DNS server addresses.
9. Input you are preferred as well as DNS addresses.
The user is using Open DNS, Google DNS, or cloud Flare, then they can attempt settings:
· Google Public DNS: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
· Go to DNS: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
· Cloud flare: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
10. Tap OK.
11. Tap close option.
Steps to change settings of DNS by Command Prompt
Follow the provided steps to change settings of DNS by Command Prompt:
2. Locate Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
3. Input Command to modify its settings and Click Enter:
4. Input this Command to classify network adapters names then select Enter:
interface show interface
5. Input this Command to put IP address of primary DNS then click Enter:
interface ip set dns name=”ADAPTER-NAME” source=”static” address=”X.X.X.X”
If users are using Open DNS, Google Public DNS, or cloud Flare, then they can try settings:
6. Input the given Command and add the alternative IP address in DNS then click Enter:
interface IP add DNS name=”ADAPTER-NAME” addr=”X.X.X.X” index=2
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .