In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI ROM

[Bugs] Redmi Note 8 Pro WiFi and Bluetooth Issue

2019-11-28 06:06:04
24188 58
Since MiUI 10.4.2, my redmi note 8 pro is having trouble to connect WiFi while Bluetooth is on. I noticed that many users are experiencing the same problem. Now in MIUI 10.0.1 this problem is still present. When Bluetooth is ON, the speed of wifi connection is extremely slow and practically unusable. Is there any way to fix this?
Many Thanks!

2019-11-28 06:06:04
Favorites16 RateRate

Feedback Team

SIVARAMAN N | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Dear user thanks for your feedback Kindly reset your network settings>more Reset WiFi mobile networks and Bluetooth after that reboot your device then check the issue and reply back Thanks
2019-11-28 06:45:57
Both radios are sharing the same antenna and have an internal switch circuitry to switch between them. Naturally while one is listening / transmitting the other cannot do it, so they are in a race condition. That's why you are experiencing this phenomenon.

This is the same story as with many other Xiaomi phones, this is coming with the relatively low price (compared to other vendors). Such is life.

For some people url=https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79952340&postcount=2776disabling Google Play Sevices's NearbyServices/url helped because their Bluetooth traffic was mainly caused by that service while both radios were turned on and disabling that service cardinally reduced the need of the switching back-and-forth.

This does not help - but at least now you know how it works (according to my knowledge).

2019-11-28 06:52:41
Hi

I found one temp solution. Remove my smart bracelet. Problem fixed. I use Honor Band 5 and causing this problem.

Huawei bluetooh headphone not problematic, but bracelet down wifi speed.

Reset my phone and i tested everything step by step.

remove pairing if you're using it.

then let's look at the result

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV-JsfiuQYk  Bluetooth problem
2019-11-29 03:41:03
I have been facing issues with Bluetooth on my device. I am using a wireless earphone that has the latest Bluetooth version 5.0 and whenever I call anyone the audio is not audible or distortion is heard on the other end also this happens randomly. I use a Bike GPS from Lezyne and iGPSPORT and this phone not work correctly with this GPS. ALways conect, disconect. Even with Airdots from Xiaomi conect, disconect. I allready do reset bluetooth, upgrade to Miui 11 but the problem stills. When I conect the GPS with other phone Android 6 or 7 everything works perfect ( Nokia 2 Nokia 3 Nokia X6) Very disapointing with this Note 8 Pro. Please let me know if I can do anything to any fix the issue.
2019-12-04 20:01:10
Lezyne aswer me about bluetooth bad conection:

"José,

Engineering informed me that these phones sometimes have problems connecting due to how they handle bluetooth. They did inform me that sometimes these phones have very aggressive power reduction, and that you should check all setting related to background data and battery usage, and make sure the ally V2 app is given the best permissions available. Please let me know if you see any difference after checking these settings.

Thank you,

-André
Tech Support / Customer Service"
2019-12-04 20:05:35

Rookie Bunny

1852286386 | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

I use a smartwatch Suunto and fails to. Always connect and disconet...
2019-12-04 20:14:58

Rookie Bunny

6275807318 | from mobile

SIVARAMAN N
Dear user thanks for your feedback Kindly reset your network settings>more Reset WiFi mobile networks and Bluetooth after that reboot your device then check the issue and reply back Thanks

Hi,
I reset the network settings but the issue still persists. i tried disconnecting my smartwatch and earphones, only bluetooth on, the issue is still there.
Wifi speed is drastically reduced and sometimes it resets itself completely. Please let us know if this is a common issue or my device is fauly so i can change it.
2019-12-20 17:57:05
Hi.

I found one temp solution. if you use same ssid 2.4G/5G with AP router then change each ssid names in AP router, for example myssid_2.4 and myssid_5.
and then you select one ssid at redmi note 8 pro.
Have a feel temp solutoin.

to redmi: please fix the problem as soon as possible.
2020-01-03 15:14:51
Same problem with WiFi and BT here. Using Redmi Note 8
Hopefully it is fixed soon
2020-01-05 00:41:00
same problem here
Wifi & bluethooth on this device, connected at same time is a bug.
2020-01-16 15:45:06