In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 8/Pro/8T

[Tips] Bug Reporting & Feature Request Made Easier In MIUI 11

2019-11-25 01:06:35
31093 127

Hei MIUI-ers,

Wassup MIUI-ers? I guess everyone is excited with MIui 11. Since most devices just got their first update of MIUI 11, definitely some users will come across bugs or issues. On the other hand there might be some users might want to request new or additional features to be added. With the Services & Feedback app added it's easier than ever to report and request for features just doing a few chores.

Accessing Services & Feedback
To access the Services & Feedback feature, you either launch the app launcher from the More apps folder or go-to Settings menu and it will be at the bottom of the menu.

Reporting Issues
When you find issues, you can report your issues by making a proper steps and reproduction of the issue easier on the other end for the developers to fix. On the Services & feedback menu, choose Issues, basically fill the "Describe the issue you've encountered" field, then "Add image or short video" from your Gallery, then "Select item" of the nature of your issue.

Next, add the "Time" of occurrence and fill your "Phone number/Email" should they need to contact you.

Next to generate bug log of the issue, click the three dot at the top right corner, then choose "Generate logs", scroll to nature of your issue and click "Generate log", click Agree to the "Privacy policy", it will remind you, (MIUI is generating a log. This might affect the overall performance of your device. If you can't reproduce the issue you want to report, go back to logs and tap "Cancel") and click "Go to Home screen" to continue with your report, reproduce and click tick "Add log" on the "Feedback" page.

Once that is done, go back to "Logs" page which you can access from your floating notification. On the "Log" page click "Finish and upload".

And it will go back to the "Feedback" page, and click "Send" and click "Agree" to upload the log of your issue. Now you have completed the feedback process of your issue.

Using Suggestions for feature request
There many a time, that users would like to see new features available bro the existing user interface, which can further enhanced the MIUI itself. To be heard you can use this Suggestions feature to get them to the developer team. To do this choose "Suggestions". Then basically fill the "Tell us how you'd like to improve MIUI" field, then "Add image or short video" from your Gallery which is useful to the feature request, then "Select item" of the nature of your suggestions.

Next, fill your "Phone number/Email" should they need to contact you and click "Send" and click "Agree" to your feature request. Now you have completed the feature request process and await a favorable outcome

How to view your feedback history
Go-to to Settings then to Services & feedback. Next click the three dots on the top right corner and choose "View feedback history". Click on the feedback items you have previously submitted. Here can view your "Report ID:" for any correspondence reference and the issues or suggestions you have reported or requested.

This completes the guide to feedback your issues and request a new feature to improve MIUI and get an ultimate user experience.

Rate

Number of participants 4 Experience +27 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-11-25 01:06:35
Favorites48 RateRate

Feedback Team

m.wael.eg | from Redmi Note 5

Thanks For Sharing
2019-11-25 02:37:19
My Name:Mohamed Wael
Feedback Team-MIUI ROM Subform

Master Bunny

esseierre #1 | from Mi 9T

thanks for sharing.
2019-11-25 06:35:59

Grand Master Bunny

myrichgoh | from MI 8

The "service & feedback" should be good. I reported an issue on MIUI 11 but there is no reply to indicate it's "done" though I found the issues reported is no longer persist. Tq but appreciate a visual indicated reply such as "done" from the team to avoid miss communication.
2019-11-25 09:20:37

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

Thanks for the informing
2019-11-25 10:10:26

Wizard Bunny

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Thanks for sharing with us!
2019-11-25 11:28:01
Thanks for sharing.
Really useful for all users.
2019-11-25 13:30:25

Super moderator

feds64 Author | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

myrichgoh
The "service & feedback" should be good. I reported an issue on MIUI 11 but there is no reply to indicate it's "done" though I found the issues reported is no longer persist. Tq but appreciate a visual indicated reply such as "done" from the team to avoid miss communication.

Thanks for the feedback.
2019-11-25 13:46:52
I can not report this route as it need me to be logged into Mi account, and i do not use any mi stuff on my phone.
Not mi account - not mi browser - not mi videos - not mi music - not mi share and so on ( wish i could delete that stuff )

Anyway i am on MIUI 11 Beta Stable Global MIUI V11.0.3.0.QFAMIXM

And the items to be displayed on the screen while off do not work after the update, i use to have a clock there but it is gone now, and no matter what i select in settings it is not displayed on the dark screen.

Also since i use a clock there ( when it work ) i really wish i could remove the clock on the lock screen, so i do not have 2 clocks in a row.
Really if i have phone open and i want to see the clock i just swipe down from the top and see a nice "big" clock my old eyes can read, with white letters on a black / grey background.
So no need to the forced clock on lock screen.
Also in regard to lock screen info and the screen in general, it like the 3 buttons on the bottom of the LCD screen are always white, so if you have a white background you can not see it anyway.
I think these letter color should change automatic to a color in contrast to the background color.
The same are the case for all letters, like APP names ASO, always white so on white background you can not see it.
2019-11-25 15:21:06

Super moderator

feds64 Author | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

Gentle viking
I can not report this route as it need me to be logged into Mi account, and i do not use any mi stuff on my phone.
Not mi account - not mi browser - not mi videos - not mi music - not mi share and so on ( wish i could delete that stuff )

Alright.
2019-11-26 08:16:19
I have to add to my report, when the phone have been on and plugged into a charger, when the screen then time out and go to dark, the things i want to see there are there alright.
But if not plugged into charger and screen time out it just go dark with the fingerprint graphics and no clock as selected.
2019-11-26 14:34:37