In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3

[Discussion] [MIUI Test Features #6] Transparent Wallpaper: A New Way To Customise App's Background In Style!

2019-11-29 00:20:56
4707 99

Greetings Dear Mi Fans,

Everybody loves to customize & make their phone looks unique. Unlike the Lockscreen & Homescreen Wallpapers, MIUI has brought you a unique way to customize your phone by setting an App's Background with Transparent Wallpaper of your choice, which makes it to look much more personalized.

So let's see, how to Enable & Set a Transparent Wallpaper:
1. Open Themes App & tap on My Account tab, which gives you an option to access the Theme Lab.

2. From the Theme Lab menu, click on Transparent Wallpaper to set & customize the look of your favourite App's Background.

3. In the Transparent Wallpaper customization screen, tap on the button at the right hand side of the 'Use Transparent Wallpaper' option to enable it. It'll return 'Turned On Successfully' & opt you to 'Go To Themes'.

4. From Themes app, choose & download the wallpaper of your choice & then, click on Apply at the bottom. From a pop-up menu appeared, choose 'Set as Transparent Wallpaper' which will be followed by a pop-up message 'Applied Successfully'.

5. Now, get back to the Themes App\My Account\Theme Lab\Transparent Wallpaper again to choose the apps for the applied Transparent Wallpaper. Preview will be visible as the Transparent Wallpaper Settings background.

6. If you wish, customize opacity & you can see how it looks by opening the chosen app to set the Transparent Wallpaper.

Once you've enabled the Transparent Wallpaper, you can use your own photos or pictures in Gallery as a Transparent Wallpaper as follows:
1. Open Gallery & navigate to choose your desired photo or a picture. Tap on the picture to open & in the picture screen, click on More tab at the bottom.

2. From a pop-up menu appeared, click on 'Set as Wallpaper' which will open up a preview screen with Apply button at the bottom.

3. Click on Apply & another pop-up menu will appear, choose 'Set as Transparent Wallpaper'. It'll return with a pop-up 'Applied Successfully'. Now, you can move to Themes\My Account\Theme Lab\Transparent Wallpaper to choose the apps & opacity, Preview will be visible as the Transparent Wallpaper Settings background.

4. You can open the app & witness the customized Transparent Wallpaper of your choice.

Hope, you liked the concept of Transparent Wallpaper & love to use it on daily basis. I'll be back soon with some more MIUI Test Features till then enjoy MIUIng!

Note: MIUI Test Features are available with the China Beta ROM only!

Signing off  
Prince26712,
Super Moderator,
Mi Mix 3 Subforum Management Team.

Special thanks to @Elaine2046 & Mi Mix 3 Subforum Management Team.

Previous MIUI Test Features discussed in Series:

Rate

Number of participants 6 Experience +48 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-11-29 00:20:56
Favorites61 RateRate

Pro Bunny

broju | from app

this is android 10??
2019-12-01 21:12:39

Rookie Bunny

Feco_honcho | from Redmi Note 7