In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 8/Pro/8T

[Tips] Method to Flash Official MIUI Stock ROMs on Redmi Note 8 / Pro

2019-11-19 18:48:10
38890 111
Disclaimer: I/We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

Read this ENTIRE Post BEFORE making ANY changes

Below is the MIUI Official guide to install Official ROMs on MIUI Phones.

Method 1 - For Locked Phones / Bootloaders
Method 2 - For UN-Locked Phones / Bootloaders

Official Mi Flashing Guide

Get Redmi Note 8 - Global/China/Indonesia/India ROMs from the following link

Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) MIUI Global Stable ROM Downloads

Get Redmi Note 8 Pro - Global/China/Indonesia/Russia/EEA ROMs from the following link

Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia) MIUI Global Stable ROM Downloads

Edit 1:
        If you want to change the ROM from one region to another (Indonesia/Global/Russia/China) installed on your phone then, 1st, Unlock Bootloader and then use Method 2: Fastboot Update to flash your phone given in Official Mi Flashing Guide. (For Detailed Guide: "Detailed Guide to Unlock Bootloader and Flash MIUI Stable/Beta ROM")

Note: BACKUP your data BEFORE Unlocking and BEFORE Flashing your phone. All user data will be deleted on unlocking and flashing

Edit 2:
        DO NOT RE-Lock the Bootloader if you change from China ROM to Global ROM in China phone. Re-Locking will BRICK your phone. Select only "Clean All" option before flashing.

On Locking Bootloader, you MUST visit: On which ROM and Device you CAN and CANNOT Lock Bootloader!

2019-11-19 18:48:10
Favorites43 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

1799969939 | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

getting error...i have downloaded the official global rom...still this happed
2019-11-20 10:00:03

Semi Pro Bunny

Umer Arshad Author | from Redmi Note 8

getting error...i have downloaded the official global rom...still this happed

You CANNOT change the ROM from China to Global ROM using the Recovery Update method.
To change ROM to Global, first you will have to UN-Lock the bootloader and then *flash* the Global ROM in your phone.
Edit: When flashing to Global ROM from China ROM, Keep bootloader unlocked (Select "Clean All" option before flashing).

2019-11-20 10:23:00

Advanced Bunny

1799969939 | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

Umer Arshad
You CANNOT change the ROM from China to Global ROM using the Recovery Update method.
To change ROM to Global, first you will have to UN-Lock the bootloader and then *flash* the Global ROM in your phone. At the time of flashing, you can choose to lock the bootloader (Clean All & Lock) OR keep bootloader unlocked (Clean All).

plz give me the link for my phone....i want the international global rom
2019-11-20 12:18:04
1799969939 replied at 2019-11-20 09:18:04
plz give me the link for my phone....i want the international global rom

As you have Redmi Note 8 Pro, therefore, download ROM "Redmi Note 8 Pro Latest Global Stable Version Fastboot File Download" from the list given in link below and follow the procedure given in the link below to flash your phone with global ROM

Method 2: Fastboot Update
https://c.mi.com/oc/miuidownload/detail?guide=2
Follow the Method 2 step by step.
Edit: When flashing to Global ROM from China ROM, Keep bootloader unlocked (Select "Clean All" option before flashing).

2019-11-20 12:27:23
I have Redme Note 8 pro Global and i want to upgrade  Indonesia rom for call recording capabilities (miui dialer).

Should i unlocked bootloader first? Can you share the link for unlocking the bootloader? I didnt find it in the original post.

Can i then lock the bootloader again or it will not work ?
2019-11-23 18:35:11
6268906385 replied at 2019-11-23 15:35:11
I have Redme Note 8 pro Global and i want to upgrade  Indonesia rom for call recording capabilities (miui dialer).

Should i unlocked bootloader first? Can you share the link for unlocking the bootloader? I didnt find it in the original post.

Read the "Edit 1" and "Edit 2" portion of the Original post carefully.
The whole process, required links and softwares are given in the link found in "Edit 1" part.
2019-11-23 20:16:48

Advanced Bunny

Naser69 | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

hi.are
2019-11-25 04:47:36

Advanced Bunny

hi are you sure Indonesian rom have miui contacts and masseging app?did you flash it?
2019-11-25 04:48:53
Naser69 replied at 2019-11-25 01:48:53
hi are you sure Indonesian rom have miui contacts and masseging app?did you flash it?

Yes. I flashed Indonesia ROM on my phone a week ago to have MIUI Stock messaging & contacts and dialer app. No problems so far. Never going to go back to Global ROM.
2019-11-25 05:37:06

Advanced Bunny

Umer Arshad
Yes. I flashed Indonesia ROM on my phone a week ago to have MIUI Stock messaging & contacts and dialer app. No problems so far. Never going to go back to Global ROM.

my phone rom is global eu and bootloader is locked, is it possible flash Indonesian rom with recovery ?
2019-11-26 00:58:07