In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Note 10/Pro/Lite

[Review] Mind bending details for a power user w/ a need of an interchangeable lens camera? Try Mi Note 10!

2019-11-18 20:32:47
1048 2

New Xiaomi Mi Note 10 a short review of the world's first AI Penta-camera with a 108 MP sensor!

If I ask me, which is the best camera for me? I would probably answer your question with this:the camera I actually do have with me and fulfilling my many photographic needs in
challenge to make the ultimate best photos in any given situation,
when the need for capturing a photo will appear! For me this smartphone, with the epic camera of stunningly 108MP main camera
is the ONE - the new Xiaomi Mi Note 10!
Sometimes the moment to take a photo can be like this: " Opportunity comes like a snail, and once it has passed you it changes into a fleet rabbit and is gone!"

During the last week, I have been gifted to use this first smartphone, that offers a unique AI Penta Camera - with the beast main camera with no less than a high-resolution sensor camera of the mindblowing 108 MP, ( you can create: 12,032 x 9,024, 108.6MP images) and will shot by default in the pleasing resolution of 27MP. And not only this main camera setup, but you will also find a two optical telephoto zoom-lenses for your use - the first one
offering you a zoom range from a 2X supporting portrait-oriented lens ( 50mm focal length) with a 12MP sensor which gives you a portrait photo, showing this highly wanted beautiful bokeh (background blur) and then there is also a 5X optical zoom as well as a 10x hybrid zoom, and a 50X digital zoom!

And then addition to these other three cameras you will also get a macro lens for closeups and it can capture 960fps slow-motion video as well which is quite impressive and there is an ultra-wide lens (117° wide-angle camera with a resolution of 20MP) with a quick auto-focus, to capture any sweeping views and architecture or when there is little space to move in.

With the five cameras, it is more or less like an interchangeable lens camera you can wear in your pocket! Then to help you to get sharp images two of the cameras also have OIS built-in the main camera and also in the 5x tele-zoom lens. This second telephoto lens is paired with a 5MP sensor and allows for 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom.

The five cameras have all a distinct purpose to add for most of your photo needs. For me using this unique setup of cameras has made me even more creative to capture almost every subject that I wish to photograph.

Mi Note 10 gives you a big 6.47-inch curved AMOLED display on the front with Full HD+ res and a big under-display fingerprint scanner. The back of this beautiful smartphone is all about those AI five Penta cameras with a camera bump. Both sides are protected by Gorilla Glass 5.

The AMOLED screen is a joy to use and the other features (that you can read in any specifications) are all adding to be a user-friendly experience paired with a beautiful design and color range to choose from.

The main camera set to 108MP will give you a file that can be compared to a decent DSLR produced photo. So if you need to make a big print of your best photos then look no further, the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 camera will give you the image file you need for your big prints and you can bring this beast in your pocket ready to be used and kept alive with a good battery economy with a huge battery capacity of 5260 mA. Xiaomi gives you also a 30W charger which supports 30W fast charging that is included in the box and it gives you one of the fastest charging speeds you can get in a phone.

For me, this is the best camera with this Penta AI combination having a high-end camera, almost like a camera with interchangeable lenses with the five distinct and different types of lenses to always have with me where ever I will be in a handy size too, to be there in my hands, when a photo opportunity comes my way!

To me, As a photographer, I do appreciate also an easily-selectable mode to switch to the Pro mode so I can have full control and to choose every aspect of the exposure quality of my final photograph. This smartphone does also well in low-light situations using the night-mode and I will test more the 108 MP camera together with my tripod to achieve the full benefit of this first-in-the-world amazing camera but even as hand-held, the excellent OIS in two lenses will help you to get sharp photos!

Yes by the way, about the night-mode, I am pleased to examine the files from the low-light night photos and so far the files are one of the best I have seen, so far, when using a smartphone!

I am still in awe and I am truly excited to explore all the many well functioning possibilities that come with this awesome smartphone and which is offering me in my photographic passion in everyday life!

Thank you Xiaomi for this true beast and a unique 108MP camera that will give me even more inspiration to keep on exploring nature with the macro, the landscapes with the Pro 108 MB main camera, and all in all what this device will help me to achieve in my daily photography!

This I like and appreciate:

• The Penta AI camera combination.
  • The amoled bright screen.
  • Long-lasting battery life.
  • Beautiful design.
  • The value you get with the smartphone in total compared to the  price point is very good.
  • The Pro mode with RAW file photographing, Penta camera setup is like having a set of interchangeable lenses to the camera.

A wish: In future updated model, I would appreciate maybe having a possibility to add a microSD memory-card,only because I am taking so many full-resolution photographs, so I would benefit personally to have a memory card,
as mainly as a back-up, for the unique origin-photos captured by the smartphone.
But still, the 128GB internal memory capacity that is already offered
with this amazing smartphone, is a plenty of room to save even the big photo files!

All in all, I am purely fascinated to learn more and to continue to use this new and unique,
and if I may say, even an epic smartphone, in so many ways,
to be used in all the challenges of photography, in every day life!
With this wonderful and beautifully designed smartphone to capture a daily photo-diary
will be a joy! ( it is said: "A picture is worth a thousand words" ).
I think many keen photographers, need good quality photos, in order share the photos,
with our families and with our friends!
I can whole heartly recommend this unique Penta AI smartphone to all who will have
something truely top-of-line in photographic way in a very beautiful design and with
long battery life added!

Adding below two macro photos and both photos are un-edited and right out from the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 smartphone!

Thank so very much Xiaomi and Mi Creator Jackson Cheng, for giving me this opportunity,
to bring even new joy and more inspiration to my photography with this having-all-in-one-piece smartphone,
and to help me keep on exploring our beautiful planet, and nature, with this brand-new and unique smartphone - Xiaomi Mi Note 10!
Best Regards from,
One of the Mi Explorers in Sweden

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +35 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-11-18 20:32:47
Favorites2 RateRate

Rookie Bunny

Katze Jansson | from MI 9

Very nice review, thanks for sharing.
2019-11-20 15:34:30

Wizard Bunny