In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Feedbacks

[Bug] MIUI 11 update breaks Android dark mode functionality

2019-11-15 20:52:10
120942 165
Phones running on MIUI 10 were able to activate the android internal dark mode. The dark mode could be activated using the app 'Dark Mode' or more specifically by using the Android UIModeManager class.
After updating MIUI 10 to MIUI 11 the UIModeManager can't set the Android dark mode settings anymore.

Users that activated the dark mode in MIUI 10 and updated their device to MIUI 11 are now unable to switch back to light mode.

Additionally, users reported UI issues when having the dark mode still enabled on MIUI 11.
For example, notifications are now displayed with black letters on an almost black background. Obviously this makes reading the notification a bit hard.

In my opinion, there are three possible solutions for this:*
  • Make the Android night mode accessible by the UIModeManager again.
  • Improve the night theme of system components, so that there are no more issues with low contrast.
  • Force enable the light mode for all users on MIUI 11.
* These proposals are addressed to the MIUI developers and NOT to end-users facing this issue!

Please contact me if you have any further questions.
I am looking forward to working together to improve the user experience on MIUI.

Thank you for your time,
the developer of the app 'Dark Mode'

Edit: Further information to reproduce the depicted behavior:
  • On MIUI 10:
    Use the Android UIModeManager class to activate the android internal dark mode.
  • Update the device to MIUI 11.
  • On MIUI 11:
    The Android UIModeManager class does not work anymore. No Exception is thrown.
Result: Device is stuck in dark mode and some MIUI UI elements can't be read because of low contrasts.

Affected Devices:
  • Redmi Note 4

Update: A solution for this issue was found by the community. To fix this issue, open the security app and start a scan. At the end, you will be notified that some elements are not displayed correctly. If you press "Fix it", the Day Mode will be restored.

Many thanks to Jimiskav and MrPhilipMars for finding this solution!
2019-11-15 20:52:10
Favorites45 RateRate

Feedback Team

Sampath madurai | from Redmi Note 7

Dear user
Thanks for your report, kindly post this Thread to Feature Request Subforum with description and Poll option because developers will consider people's voting
Thanks
2019-11-15 21:49:05
Sampath madurai replied at 2019-11-16 03:49:05
Dear user
Thanks for your report, kindly post this Thread to Feature Request Subforum with description and Poll option because developers will consider people's voting
Thanks

Thank you for your reply.
This bug report is not meant to be a feature request.
The described behavior is a serious bug that affects thousands of MIUI users.
Do you really want this to be moved to the feature request subforum?
2019-11-16 05:18:38

Feedback Team

Sampath madurai | from Redmi Note 7

DarkModeApp
Thank you for your reply.
This bug report is not meant to be a feature request.
The described behavior is a serious bug that affects thousands of MIUI users.

Dear user
Thanks for your reply, kindly attach Bug log in this Thread we will Forward this issue to concern department.
Thanks for understanding
2019-11-16 06:16:23

Advanced Bunny

Debnath Bit | from app

I can't understand the process
2019-11-16 07:48:33

Advanced Bunny

Debnath Bit | from app

I am suffering same issue
2019-11-16 07:54:40

Rookie Bunny

6266552679 | from app

Fiz as três possível soluções que você citou, porém nenhuma resolveu ainda para eu voltar ao modo claro. Me ajuda!
2019-11-16 08:42:20
Sampath madurai replied at 2019-11-16 12:16:23
Dear user
Thanks for your reply, kindly attach Bug log in this Thread we will Forward this issue to concern department.
Thanks for understanding

I can't provide any bug logs.
There is no exception thrown when calling the function to enable the dark mode.
It just doesn't work anymore.

I'll add further information about this to my initial post.

2019-11-16 08:45:27
6266552679 replied at 2019-11-16 14:42:20
Fiz as três possível soluções que você citou, porém nenhuma resolveu ainda para eu voltar ao modo claro. Me ajuda!

Hi, I think the solutions mentioned are possible solutions for the MIUI developers to fix the issue. They are not solutions for you to fix this problem on your phone on your own, unfortunately.
2019-11-16 09:10:22

Rookie Bunny

1706772262 | from app

Facing the same problem notification are turned black not visible need solution to this. Darkmode app is not getting back in daymode and my phone doesn't have any darktheme or Darkmode setting. After MIUI11 update Darkmode App has been crashed as it made my phone fully dark and it is not getting enabled back to daymode give me some solution
2019-11-16 09:59:42

Rookie Bunny

1684643572 | from mobile

Sampath madurai
Dear user
Thanks

Facing the same problem

please please please..fix it quickly
2019-11-16 14:48:25