In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Q&A] POCO F1 with no Face ID in my region on global version. Why?

2019-11-13 17:45:37
349 8
On what basis even after updating by air to MIUI 11.05 in my country (Lithuania) there is no access to Face ID?
Why does Xiaomi make me switch to the India region to enable this feature, and then litter my POCO with an insane amount of Indian advertising?
I have been using the phone for over a year. I had to return to the Lithuania region to get rid of this. It's not pleasant.
My wife has a new Note 8 pro phone that has no problems with Face ID. What is going on?

2019-11-13 17:45:37
Favorites RateRate

happybuddhist | from app

Not all regions are supported for face unlock due to EU restrictions. POCO, being a sub brand, has to overcome these regional laws. There are plenty of countries available in EU that supports face unlock. You could try Spain, France or any other region and not have to worry about the Bollywood ads in your device.
Cheers! :-)
2019-11-13 20:10:45

happybuddhist | from app

happybuddhist
Not all regions are supported for face unlock due to EU restrictions. POCO, being a sub brand, has to overcome these regional laws. There are plenty of countries available in EU that supports face unlock. You could try Spain, France or any other region and not have to worry about the Bollywood ads in your device.

Addendum to my previous comment :
A list where it is supported - ID ,IN, HK, TW, SG, MY, VN, TH, IT, PL, FR, ES, NP, LK, BD, BE, TR, QA ,AE, RU, PH, UA, GB, KR, BY, KZ, KG, TJ, UZ, TM, GE, AM, AZ, MD, MN, IL, CZ, BR, GR, NO.
2019-11-13 20:12:34

Rookie Bunny

Zhekator Author |

happybuddhist replied at 2019-11-14 03:10:45

Fine. Then, I ask the question again: why in my region of Lithuania does my wife's Note 8 Pro phone have no problems with Face ID? Why does one phone have no problems with regional law, and another has problems with regional laws?
2019-11-14 01:47:32

happybuddhist | from app

Zhekator
Fine. Then, I ask the question again: why in my region of Lithuania does my wife's Note 8 Pro phone have no problems with Face ID? Why does one phone have no problems with regional law, and another has problems with regional laws?

POCO and Redmi are two sub brands of Xiaomi. Perhaps POCO doesn't fulfill the same legal proceedings as other sub brands. So your wife's Note 8 has this feature working in your region while your F1 doesn't.
2019-11-14 02:45:44

Advanced Bunny

Jusoko | from app

if you want to have face unlock in all countries you can edit system file where the list resides
2019-11-14 05:44:31
Jusoko replied at 2019-11-14 12:44:31
if you want to have face unlock in all countries you can edit system file where the list resides

hm.. more details on this please.
2019-11-14 09:11:33
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #7

Advanced Bunny

Jusoko | from app

edit this list with root (this might not work if the information is stored elsewhere) this file will be updated with system update so I don't recommend it just change to another country pvz lenkija (Poland)
2019-11-14 10:43:50