In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

[Other] Transfer Device to new Mi Account or remove Mi account

2019-11-08 11:38:53
137 2
How do you transfer a device to a 2nd Mi account after it has been registered with the 1st Mi account so that it is no longer associated with the 1st Mi account?

Or how do you remove the Mi account from a device after it has been registered with a Mi account so that it can be re-registered with a new Mi account after a factory reset?

I purchased a MiMax 3 and registered with my Mi account.

Then I had to return it as it was defective. The seller who accepted the return is asking for my Mi Account login details so they can reboot the phone after a reset. I would prefer not to give my Mi account details as I have other Xiaomi devices locked to this account.

When I look under ...Settings ...Mi Account ...Devices on another of my Xiaomi devices I can see that defective MiMax3 listed as one of my devices.

There is a 'remove' option.

If I choose 'remove' then will that phone be unlocked and the seller can factory reset and reboot and take control of the phone again?
2019-11-08 11:38:53
Favorites RateRate
Hey,

No, You have to log in on the defective device and remove the Mi account from it.

Before sending the defective you should have logged out.
2019-11-08 23:21:27

Rookie Bunny

mojorising Author |

Crossfiree replied at 2019-11-09 16:21:27
Hey,

No, You have to log in on the defective device and remove the Mi account from it.

Thanks.

When I returned the phone I did not do a factory reset and I provided the unlock pattern so then the seller should be able to unlock the phone and then go into

Settings ... Mi Account ...  Sign Out

And that should resolve the issue, shouldn't it?
2019-11-09 12:50:37