In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [Mi ART] ZEDGE Wallpapers & Ringtones: Personalize Your Phone!

2019-11-07 07:58:17
1534 8

Hello Mi Fans,

Hope you all are doing great! Smartphones are out constant companion now a days. And to make your phone personalized according to your taste & liking, is something we all do. Changing the wallpaper on your phone’s home screen is the most simplest way to customize your phone and can give it a whole new feel. Play store has quite long lis when it comes to wallpaper apps. But how about an app which can give all your favorite wallpapers, ringtones, notifications sounds, even games all together? Today we are going see one such app - ZEDGE Wallpapers & Ringtones.

First Look

ZEDGE is a beautiful app that offers millions of free ringtones, notifications, wallpapers both static and & Live and icons to make your device look gorgeous. It offers a huge collection for every taste, for every color. With more than 100 million downloads, it's one of the top rated and most preferred wallpaper app out there. When you use the app for the first time, you can sign up for a zedge account. It can be used to keep a track of your liked or downloaded wallpapers. You can skip this step too in case you don't need it. Once you enter the app, the first tip comes is to make you aware how to sort the wallpapers list. You can do the filtering by Featured, Recent or Popular contents.

Features

There are all total 5 categories, in which Zedge brings it's amazing collection for you - Wallpapers, Video wallpapers, Ringtones, Notification and Games. The app interface is beautiful, dark and well sorted. It's very much easy for you to search your desired contents, making you reach to your favorite wallpaper a little faster. There is also a premium section where professional artists can offer their work. In the premium section there are a great collection of contents too which you can either buy with credits or some items can be unlocked by watching ads. Let's, have an in depth look now!

Wallpaper/ Live Wallpaper
There are two sections: Featured and Categories for wallpapers. While the Featured section deals with special and most attractive contents the Category section deals with various categories. In the upper part of the Featured section, you will come across most popular and recent additions. And below that there are individual wallpapers. Just keep scrolling until your eyes struck on something you like. At the top of the Categories, there are all the popular searches and at the bottom, you will find different subjects like - Animals, Anime, Music, Sport etc. Click on any of your liked subject to explore more.

It also has a tab for different colors. Swipe through to view all the colors. Live wallpapers have no specific tabs. All the contents are organized on the home tab. Click any one of your choice and install on your phone to make your home screen lively. Unfortunately for maximum of video wallpapers you need watch advertisements to unlock them. That's really annoying. Every time watching an unnecessary video of 20 or 30 seconds to have my favorite wallpaper. Hopefully they make many of them free.

To set a specific wallpaper as your home screen or lock screen, click on it. You can side-swipe to see related content and browse seamlessly. Before setting it, you can adjust to move and scale the wallpaper for perfect fit on your screen. Well, there are more customization waiting for you. You can apply different filters or stickers to the wallpaper to make it more vibrant. I feel this feature is one of the best which lets you personalize the images anyway you want. If you like any wallpaper, and wish to know more about the uploader. Click on the profile. And look out for all the uploads done by him or her. Enjoy their entire collection!

Ringtones/ Notifications:
Zedge gives you scope to preview and download millions of ringtones, notification sounds and alarms to personalize your device on sound sector too The entire collection is quite updated, fresh and rich in contents. You can have custom contact ringtones, Electronica, Hip Hop, Jazz or rock anything under one roof! Setting ringtones and notification sounds from within the app, including individual contact ringtones is also an easy step. I simply love the ringtones they have stored. If you don;t like whats featured. Explore them by categories.

Zedge app sends you a personalized game suggestions based on the apps you are already using. There are some interesting games. You can try them out. Though I do not use these. Coming to favorites, you can like any wallpaer by tapping the heart icon to keep them saved for future. Another interesting feature is to have single login to access all of your favorite wallpapers, ringtones from any device. You can also create your own collection with your favorite wallpapers. On a whole, Zedge has a cool and classic collection along with a beautiful black interface.

Search:
If you feel you are not finding exactly what you want, there is an active search function for you. Just type your requirements and it will show the full list of wallpapers , ringtones that suits your search. I am highly impressed with the categorization they even implemented in search function. There is also an family filter which enables family friendly browsing by hiding some contents.

Pros and Cons

Pros
  • Millions of beautiful custom sized backgrounds from various categories to match your phone's home screen or lock screen.
  • wallpapers to set as your background or lock screen.
  • Preview and download millions of ringtones, notification sounds and alarms.
  • Personalized game suggestions based on your used apps.

Cons
  • Advertisements popping up here and there.

My View

Zedge has everything you can look for to personalize your phone. Starting from beautiful wallpapers to Melodious tones to compliment your home screen. You don't need to fumble through different apps to fulfill your need when Zedge alone is sufficient. The collection is updated at regular intervals. The layout of the app is clear and sorted without any difficulties involved. Only annoying thing is advertisements If you ask me, I would definitely recommend this app. In fact I would say, once used you will fall in love with its vast collection. Try it!
I will give it 4.5 out of 5

Additional Information

Downloads

Download ZEDGE Wallpapers & Ringtones from Google Play Store

Or,

Download the APK
Zedge.apk (19.85 MB, Downloads: 10)

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +40 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-11-07 07:58:17
Favorites2 RateRate
I am using this app
2019-11-07 12:46:19

Moderador

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Awesome Review!
2019-11-07 21:32:41
NIce review.....Thanks for sharing
2019-11-11 08:07:42
Really nice app. In the past, i also love to download some ringtone, Messages tone, wallpaper from Zedge. But i download it from Zedge's web. I Guess the app isn't available in 2008, right?
2019-11-13 08:19:50

Resource Team

iMKajal | from MI 8

Fantastic Review!
2019-11-27 22:58:42

Advanced Bunny

Jamacho007 | from Mi A3

me encanto
2019-12-12 07:57:13
Thanks for sharing with us
2019-12-12 12:52:22
Thanks for sharing