In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Global Fans

Story of Mi Fans
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Lounge] Renewed Passion For Gadget by feds64

2019-11-03 13:47:38
2765 35

Hei Mi fans,

Howdy? First of all, I wish everyone all the best and thank you for being here as a community to enrich yourself with knowledge and latest news that evolve in our Mi sphere. And we all witnessed how drastic the growth of member exponential to more than 350k fans within 2019. As we all know, time flies and we are wrapping the year pretty soon. And here I am making a self assessment or should I call it appraisal of my share of contribution towards the community thus far.

Well, if you fans have been here long enough or followed the migration from the MiUI forum to Mi Global Community then you could have heard of feds64 or else just click Mi@feds64 or ifelixit and hit "More results" for my introduction and more of my contributions throughout eversince I joined Mi forum. As you all know MIUI Forum has shutdown burying all the essential resources together with it, it's sad but we all have to move on and forward to making Mi Global Community a better place and even more resourceful than ever before.

Joining the MIUI forum
This is quite cynical to me, anyway as an avid iPhone user myself, I wanted more freedom rather than jailbreaking to see the horizon and bearing the consequences. Thereon, I thought it would be a great idea for me to get an Android phone which was drawless and appeal the like of iPhone, hence I scouted around and Mi 3W got my attention. Went on purchasing it thru flash sale. I was very impressed with its performance and most of all the battery life was fantastic, something new to me at the time which has a standby time of almost two days. After a while, I was more obsessed with it, and wanting to root and install custom recovery TWRP for the hang of it. So I went on registering on the MiUI forum to get more information going about doing this, hence I got myself registered on June 9, 2015.

Joining the Forces
I got my feet soaking wet, as I went on committing myself with more Mi devices, with Redmi Note 2 (China set) in the house was even exciting and was thrilled to get the Google Play store going and flashing Global/China Developer Rom. As a normal user with a background of programming major, it was easy to grasp the lingo and the techno. In the process of all those flashing and even to the point of teardowns of my devices, I got an advantage to make tutorial and giving tips to other users in need of my experience. I again acquired Redmi Note 2 Prime and followed by Redmi Note 3 (MTK). This the turning point for me, as it was the first device to be implemented with a Locked bootloader which was in compliance with Google wishes. As one of the few users daring to take the risk and the first Moderator to Unlock the Bootloader of Redmi Note 3 (Hennessy), I found that I am tied down with so many enquiries and questionnaires pertaining to bootloader issues and flashing. Still as a normal user, I was approached by Super Moderator FKSG2 & Techoking2020 to apply as an Intern Moderator, and under the Mentorship of sudd1976 and finally became a Moderator in February 2016 and thereon as Super Moderator after 8 months being a Mod.

Packed with Actions
With the launch of the "Rise of power" the theme of Redmi Note 3, the MIUI Forum was busy like the fish market and traffic influx was tremendously crazy. I am confident that until today, Redmi Note 3 Subforum has the highest visitor count and staffed with the most moderator wishing to get a share of moderation to meet their threshold or achieving the monthly awards. At the time, it is inevitable to leave the forum for more than a day or so. Together with Muz_paray, as both of us was neck to neck being the achievers of Question Cracker Award every month and Device Subforum's Moderator of the month (MOM) was always at sight, as a reward for being hyperactive in reciprocating, solving and managing the forum. Needless to say, I have achieved numerous monthly category of Awards, numerous Moderator of the month (MOM) as well as Super Moderator of the month (SMOM) or currently called as Helper of the month in my bag. As, a Device Moderator and a short-lived Global Moderator, I have contributed more than a thousand threads/articles mainly in the form of Tutorials & Tips, ROM threads, Product reviews and Contingency solutions when they arise in up to 7 subforums I was managing. In addition to that, I am responsible to train new interns to continue the legacy of our fraternity.

Adapting Mi Community
Migrating was kinda of disarray for me, trying to adapt and attune and make a jump start to the platform. Anyway, I find myself beginning to get into the flow from the cold start. Back in the forum, I was managing all the high traffic device subforum like Redmi 3/S, Redmi Note 4 & 5, and now it is a matter of getting accustomed to the flow here. Anyway, I have been contributing to meet the current requirements of the users and giving them the firmware update in a timely manner currently in Mi MIX 2S, Mi A2/Lite, Redmi Note 5/Pro, Mi 9/SE/T/T Pro/Lite and Redmi Note 8/Pro which I manage. As we all know the very essence of a forum platform is to get solutions, clear doubts, firmware upgrades, upcoming products, advancements and developments.

Trending contributions

Thoughts
Meanwhile, it has been a great year for me here in the Community and I am poised that by year-end we will hit 500k as long the synergy and the vibe of the whole team is further enforced. And from my personal perspective, being a devoted Mi fans my Mi devices has expanded to more than 20 devices that I owned from my noble Mi 3W days. As a user of these devices, I would share my experience of the follies and issues and get the inspiration to convert them into viable solutions to ratification or workabout to get a better user experience out of them. The more contributions I make, the more I could see my work in the web being transmitted and utilized via tech Bloggers, XDA, 4PDA and so forth with or without credit, but the utmost importance is the gratification of lending a hand to the end users. As the saying goes, we can't rest on your laurels but keep thriving to our level best to share an optimal user experience. Wishing all the Mi fans an advance Happy Holidays for Thanksgiving and Xmas.

"Solving with simplicity"

Rate

Number of participants 11 Experience +190 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-11-03 13:47:38
Favorites5 RateRate
Story of Mi Fans
On Mother’s Day, we all thank them for their unconditional love and support. And this mother's day we wanna make you clean in front of your moms! Share Your Story with us!
219 Article Description     737 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe
Nice Journey
2019-11-03 13:59:59

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

Awesome Journey 👏♥️
2019-11-03 14:21:27

Master Bunny

Dak Vador | from Redmi 4X

Cool
2019-11-03 14:25:05

Resource Team

MGJ_1997 | from Redmi 3S

Awesome, Pleasure to know your journey
2019-11-03 14:42:29

Master Bunny

klappasaki | from Mi 9T Pro

คุณช่วยชุมชน mi ดีมากขอบคุณมาก​ 🙏
2019-11-03 14:48:54

Master Bunny

Leonitis | from Redmi Note 7

thanks for sharing your experience with us and for all your contribution
2019-11-03 14:50:17

News Reporter

omkarsawant594 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

Superb
2019-11-03 14:51:20
Omkar
News Reporter
Awesome Journey
2019-11-03 15:27:11
Very nice! And also nice to read.
2019-11-03 15:51:21

Grand Master Bunny

myrichgoh | from MI 8

Thanks for sharing your journey in this community...
2019-11-03 16:00:11