Hei Redmi Note 8 Pro fans,
What have we here today? After fiddling around with your Redmi Note 8 Pro and getting comfortable with it, you might want to explore more like rooting or flashing other custom ROMs and explore the new frontier of your device. Hence, with the help of Unofficial TWRP Recovery you can attain that. So what is new with the TWRP 3.3.1-9 recovery for Redmi Note 8 Pro?
What's new in TWRP 3.3.1-9?
Supports TWRP 3.3.1 functions
Supports English and Chinese
Magisk vs SuperSU to gain root access
The main difference between Magisk and SuperSU is how root affects the system. SuperSU changes the system files and adds new files to the system partition on the phone. Google Safety Net is an API that monitors the system and will block certain apps from working if tampering is detected. Magisk is a “systemless” root as it modifies the boot partition and leaves the system files untouched. Hence, since all the system files are intact, SafetyNet can be tricked into thinking everything is normal. With systemless method it allows users to enjoy apps like Google Pay, Netflix, and Pokemon GO without sacrificing root access. Bottom line, it's all down to your preference of rooting.
ifelixit Flasher Toolkit is a hassle-free flasher for multi-purpose tasking. To conveniently flash TWRP or alternative recoveries with a few click or other repeatitve designated task
NOTE: This is tested on EU set with EEA variant ROM and for other set variant, you might get other results like bootlooping, which can be solved by flashing the boot.img of your current Rom you are using. For more info, on patched boot.img READ: Unpack/Repack Boot/Recovery/Kernel Images With Android Image Kitchen
1. Download "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" and install, download "Dm-verity and Forced Encryption Disabler", "SR5-SuperSUv2.82 SR5.zip", "Magisk-v20.0.zip" and move to the "Download" folder of your phone internally or your SD Card for easy keeping if you need it for the next update.
2. Plug your device in an ON-STATE via USB cable to your PC/Laptop.
3. Download and extract, "Run as administrator" and execute "ifelixit+FLASHER+TOOLKIT+Begonia.bat". Make sure you do this within the ifelixit+FLASHER+TOOLKIT+Begonia folder.
4. Next, you see the menu for what you want to do, as mentioned on the highlight, choose Menu #1 to FLASH TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 8 Pro or Menu #2 to ROOT ONLY - Redmi Note 8 Pro and follow the on-screen instructions.
5. It will check whether you have followed all the Essentials mentioned above, and when all are met, it will run accordingly and flawlessly.
Note: Once TWRP is flashed successfully. Just make sure to format data if TWRP asks you for password to avoid further issues ahead.
6. Once the flashing is done successfully, you will reach the TWRP screen asking you if you want to allow system modifications. By swiping right, you will trigger dm-verity, and if you don't follow the next step you will be unable to boot! Hence, to root your device you need to follow the rest of these steps, then it is safe to swipe right and enable modifications.
7. Now you will need to install SR5-SuperSUv2.82 SR5.zip OR Magisk-v20.0.zip and Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt.zip as shown below.
sketch-1571481635252.png (567.89 KB, Downloads: 16) 2019-10-19 07:28:42 Upload
sketch-1571481635252.png (567.89 KB, Downloads: 16)
2019-10-19 07:28:42 Upload
8. Images after you successfully flashed the SR5-SuperSUv2.82 SR5.zip OR Magisk-v20.0.zip and Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt.zip.
Note: It is imperative, that you flash SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5.zip OR Magisk-v20.0.zip to avoid bootlooping, as it will patch the DM-verity, otherwise, Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt.zip will be needed.
FEEDBACK: All feedback and suggestion are most welcome for the betterment of the FLASHER TOOLKIT user experience.
DISCLAIMER: DO ON YOUR OWN RISK. Flashing can potentially bricked or bootloop your device.
"Solving with simplicity"
The difference between 64MP and 48MP camera
Unboxing the 64MP AI Quad Camera King - Redmi Note 8 Pro
Camera King Unleashed - Redmi Note 8 Pro Review
Redmi Note 8 Pro: Some amazing shots...
Stunning & Adorable Redmi Note 8 Pro
Taking Macro Photography Made Easy with Perking
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .