In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi 5/Plus

[Q&A] I'm in a bit of a pickle...

2019-10-08 00:12:46
327 7
Hey everyone, I'm in a real state right now with my Redmi 5 Plus.

After a really bad day of failed TWRP installations, Bootloops and wrong version of a ROM installed, I can't do anything now. I don't know how to proceed. Right now, I'm trying to get a Warranty Claim on it from the seller's website, but I doubt they'll do anything about.

Thinking all the problems would go away, I tried to flash MIUI 9 and start all over again. Problems didn't stop there.

I wasn't aware that I had downloaded a ROM for Vince, but somehow not compatible for the device. And, without noticing, MiFlash had flashed it with "Clean All + Locked". Bugger. As we say in New Zealand.

OK, how do I go on from this? My Bootloader is now locked, I can't install a new ROM until it is unlocked, and I can't get past the Recovery of the phone to unlock it.

What on Earth do I do?
2019-10-08 00:12:46
Favorites RateRate

Pro Bunny

1734468512 | from Redmi 5

Try test points method. Search on Google for more information
2019-10-08 02:08:34

Rookie Bunny

RMS01 Author |

1734468512 replied at 2019-10-08 19:08:34
Try test points method. Search on Google for more information

Hi, yes I have read a little about this method. I am not prepared to modify any physical components to my device, not just because it is still in warranty, but due to the risk of making the situation worse, if I get another thing wrong.
2019-10-08 02:46:52

Pro Bunny

1734468512 | from Redmi 5

RMS01
Hi, yes I have read a little about this method. I am not prepared to modify any physical components to my device, not just because it is still in warranty, but due to the risk of making the situation worse, if I get another thing wrong.

Then try to make a reset from recovery.
2019-10-08 03:40:34

Master Bunny

Abycho_LG | from app

Hi,
Take the phone to an authorized service center or claim the warranty.
Enter EDL mode with test points method and flash using a special authorized account, is the only solution for this case.
2019-10-08 04:27:35
<<<-->>> Mi A2 <<<-->>>

Master Bunny

RockinBandit | from Mi 9 SE

I doubt self inflicted errors will be covered by warranty. Don't know if this will help but have a look How To Flash Xiaomi Device without unlocking bootloader And without USB debugging!  https://c.mi.com/thread-2504118-1-0.html
2019-10-08 06:18:26

Rookie Bunny

RMS01 Author |

Abycho_LG replied at 2019-10-08 21:27:35
Hi,
Take the phone to an authorized service center or claim the warranty.
Enter EDL mode with test points method and flash using a special authorized account, is the only solution for this case.

Here we are, 2 months later. I have successfully flashed China Stable ROM on the Redmi 5 Plus and am now in the process of unlocking and flashing Global ROM. EDL & Test Points method was the way I did it.

Thank you everyone for your contributions to this thread.
2019-12-07 22:52:11

Master Bunny

Abycho_LG | from app

RMS01
Here we are, 2 months later. I have successfully flashed China Stable ROM on the Redmi 5 Plus and am now in the process of unlocking and flashing Global ROM. EDL &amp; Test Points method was the way I did it.

Thank you everyone for your contributions to this thread.

After you flash the Global version over a Chinese region phone, remember that if you lock the bootloader the device will get bricked again.

2019-12-07 23:29:06
<<<-->>> Mi A2 <<<-->>>