In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 8/Pro/8T

[Q&A] RN8pro: About Global vs Chinese ROMs/smartphones

2019-10-05 17:47:50
6885 1
This is what I know until now reading in this forum:
2019-09-23        Redmi Note 8 Pro made its global debut in Spain.
2019-09-23        Xiaomi release Redmi Note 8 Pro (MediaTek Helio G90T) kernel sources.
2019-10-05        Until today theres no Global/Chinese ROMs downloads for the Redmi Note 8 PRO, once the moderators get information, they will post an announcement thread.

Is recommended to use the device variant ROM, if you flash Global version ROM in china variant or vice versa, device might gets BRICKED. So is recommended to flash the device specific variant ROM only.

However you may try by your own risk:
The Global ROM can be flashed in a chinese Redmi Note 8 PRO.
1. Unlock BootLoader (or you will brick the phone)
2. FLash the Global ROM via fastboot
3. Don't relock the BootLoader after it (or you will brick the phone)

Still, In Chinese ROM you CAN install Google Installer and then it will automatically install the required apps for the Play Services, and later you can install any apps from Google Play.

**************************************************************************************************************************
And I have this questions:
The warning for bricking the device when flashing a rom for other variant is due to possible user errors? like don't unlock the device or interruption while flashing it? Or is caused by the different hardware?

You can't use bank apps after Unlock it?

The apps from Google Play will be in Chinese cause the Chinese ROM system locale?
Can be set a Spanish Locale in a Chinese ROM and Device for at least the apps be in Spanish?

I see in a website (kimovil) that the Chinese and Global RN8pro have different 4G/3G bands suport, this is true?
Are bands set in hardware or by the ROM?
If I flash a Global ROM in a Chinese RN8pro this will activate the diferent bands?

2019-10-05 17:47:50
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

Jodec Author |

I found in this website some China stable ROMs, these are the real ones?
https://www.getdroidtips.com/xia ... pro-stock-firmware/

List of Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Stock Firmware Collections:
China Stable ROM
V10.4.9.0.PGGCNXM: Recovery ROM | Fastboot ROM

V10.4.8.0.PGGCNXM: Recovery ROM | Fastboot ROM

V10.4.6.0.PGGCNXM: Recovery ROM | Fastboot ROM

V10.4.4.0.PGGCNXM: Recovery ROM | Fastboot ROM

2019-10-05 20:03:32