In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 8/Pro/8T

[Q&A] MIUI APPS Missing

2019-10-04 08:37:05
24676 165
Hello Friends,

I bought a Redmi Note 8 PRO few days ago. First thing I noticed is that my call logs and messages are not synced with the cloud and I didn't know why. Later I realized that the applications used for calls/contacts and messages are not MIUI Messaging and MIUI Contacts but some stock android Google applications. I tried to search and install those MIUI apps but I wasn't able to install it successfuly even if I found apks over the internet. Is there any way to install those applications and use them as default system apps?

Best Regards.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-10-04 08:37:05
Favorites14 RateRate

Master Bunny

M.Dx | from Redmi Note 4

Thats weird, no word about changing the contact & dialer app and messaging app to stock google app.
2019-10-04 10:02:25

Rookie Bunny

6251209623 | from app

I have de same problem,the installed app are google messages/contacts. And I like so much MIUI apps.
2019-10-05 08:24:15

Advanced Bunny

Spaxton Author | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

I have no idea why they have a release without all MIUI apps. Anybody knows if this is going to be fixed? If not fixed or this is a permanent change than I don't have reason to use MIUI anymore.
I hope so there is a way to make it work.

2019-10-05 13:38:44
Maybe MIUI contacts and messaging need to be in the system partition to work properly.
I think if you flash a freshly rom for you specific variant device it will install that MIUI apps, the bad thing is until today there's no rom downloads for RN8/pro.
2019-10-06 07:19:38
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #5

Advanced Bunny

Jodec
Maybe MIUI contacts and messaging need to be in the system partition to work properly.
I think if you flash a freshly rom for you specific variant device it will install that MIUI apps, the bad thing is until today there's no rom downloads for RN8/pro.

Thanks for reply Jodec. Can this be in the next update? Who can tell us??
2019-10-06 08:03:51
I really don't know, I hope they release it soon but we have to wait until then.
2019-10-06 09:09:33
Spaxton respondió a las 2019-10-05 12:38:44
I have no idea why they have a release without all MIUI apps. Anybody knows if this is going to be fixed? If not fixed or this is a permanent change than I don't have reason to use MIUI anymore.
I hope so there is a way to make it work.

From what region is your device?
Seems to be that Xiaomi is making the global firmwares with Google Dialer, Contact and SMS, not the MIUI versions, and is leaving these latest to the Indian, Chinese, etc. markets.

So if you want to use MIUI dialer, contact and SMS you need to flash the Indian or Chinese versions... but until now only the China FW has been released:

https://c.mi.com/thread-2500922-1-0.html(Check the #1 post)
2019-10-06 12:07:34

Advanced Bunny

Jodec
From what region is your device?
Seems to be that Xiaomi is making the global firmwares with Google Dialer, Contact and SMS, not the MIUI versions, and is leaving these latest to the Indian, Chinese, etc. markets.

Hi. Thanks for reply. I am from Montenegro 🇲🇪 but I am not sure about that policy. Mi9t comes with normal MIUI apps and other models as well. Only Redmi Note 8 Pro jas google apps. And those apps are very basic. I don't like them.
2019-10-06 12:10:37

Advanced Bunny

The only from google I need is play store and what goes with it.
2019-10-06 12:15:21