In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 9/SE/T/T Pro/Lite

[Other] Farewell Xiaomi!

2019-09-29 09:58:29
1697 23
Hey folks,

I want to thank you all for being an awesome community but I will leave this community and Xiaomi in terms of smartphones.

Currently I have the Mi 9T Global Version but I just can't handle the support and bugs of MIUI anymore. Yes I know soon MIUI 11 will be released but sadly xiaomi didn't say anything about the global rom. They talked about the Chinese rom update schedule.
Also as far as I can tell some bugs might not be fixed (latest beta rom proves that). I like the devices but I can't stand MIUI and the non-support for global devices anymore.
I only can hope they will improve it but right now, I can't recommend the global devices anymore.
Also Xiaomi gets more and more confusing with the new lineups (see Mi 9 series). They should focus more on global support instead of creating more similar devices.

My next device will be an Google Pixel 3a XL. A bit of a downgrade and higher price but at least I get proper support on any level.

I wish all of you the best and have fun with your devices!

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-09-29 09:58:29
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

sabai-sabai | from Mi A2 Lite

hi mate, sorry to read about you leaving, thanks anyway for explaining your reason behind decision. aren't xiaomi mi A series Android One phones, too ?
2019-09-29 10:59:08

Pro Bunny

Usamah | from Mi 9 SE

Instead of downgrading your phone, allow me to suggest you to just change your smartphone os from miui to Pixel Experience rom. It has great community support and frequent updates.
2019-09-29 11:03:00

Semi Pro Bunny

SirMorokei Author | from Mi 9T

sabai-sabai
hi mate, sorry to read about you leaving, thanks anyway for explaining your reason behind decision. aren't xiaomi mi A series Android One phones, too ?

Yes but sadly they don't have NFC and I use NFC a lot.
2019-09-29 11:46:08

Semi Pro Bunny

SirMorokei Author | from Mi 9T

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&uid=430789230Usamah/url
Instead of downgrading your phone, allow me to suggest you to just change your smartphone os from miui to Pixel Experience rom. It has great community support and frequent updates./quote

Thanks for the comment. Would be an option but sadly most of my apps (financial) don't work with an open bootloader.
2019-09-29 11:47:06

Master Bunny

@one11 | from MI MAX 2

xiaomi preference China and redmi series
they ignored Mi Series
2019-09-29 12:16:00

Master Bunny

sabai-sabai | from Mi A2 Lite

SirMorokei
Yes but sadly they don't have NFC and I use NFC a lot.

viable switch reason, mate :-)
2019-09-29 12:24:25

Rookie Bunny

Kangyeu2359 | from MI 8

Agree with you. This was what I experienced when i bought my mi 8. Damn lots of bugs very dissapointing. Luckily thanks to those custom rom developers to build alternativr supports for us to get rid MIUI. Currently using Lineage os and it is awesome.
2019-09-29 14:52:04

Rookie Bunny

JulesYeSeok | from Redmi Note 7

I hope you enjoy your new Google Pixel. In my experience, my Xiaomi device (RN7) never get me a terrible bug, just minors failures that all the phones have. And I understand for the conference that MIUI 11 will be released for both ROM's, Global and China at the same time.
2019-09-29 14:53:59

Semi Pro Bunny

allison90 | from app

i guess, this is not a gamer type 1 friend's. overall evergthing that was in xomi devices are for gaming purpose well my opinion.the
2019-09-29 15:02:37

Photography Team

Ainulindale | from Mi 9T Pro

Did you had a look for xiaomi.eu?
2019-09-29 16:29:11