In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Smart Band 4

[Discussion] Mi Band 4 vibration too feeble to notice during normal daily activity.

2019-09-12 18:29:25
146 3
I am a fan of the Xiamoi ecosystem. I have had a Mi Band 2 for 3 years and found it an excellent device, despite the near invisible screen. During these 3 years I learned to rely upon the vibration alert to notify me that there was something that I should look at via the app on my phone.

Today I got my Mi Band 4 and have been delighted with the massively improved screen but the loss of a noticable vibration from the device has me pondering just sending it back as defective. Other posts on this site lead me to the conclusion that I am not alone in this.

Are Xiaomi aware of the problem and going to update it via firmware?
Or should I send this back and start looking for another brand that better fits my needs?

Regards,
BP
2019-09-12 18:29:25
Favorites1 RateRate

GunplaMad | from app

Try this first. You can create your own vibration for notification alerts. Just follow my steps on the screen shots and let me know how you got on.
2019-09-13 01:57:24

Rookie Bunny

Pacer Author |

EDIT
In use today, I noticed that my custom vibration is entirely noticable when I am out and about. *yay!*

I also noticed that the alert is not triggered by incoming calls via Viber or WhatsApp. Voicecalls on Viber and WhatsApp are the majority of calls I receive. Messages received in both apps generate the vibrate trigger, actual calls - nada.

Does anyone know of a way to get the voice calls to trigger? Or should I create a new thread to ask this different question?

Thanks,
BP
END EDIT

I have just created a vibration pattern following your guide above. Later today I will use it in anger though it is considerably less vibration than was usual on my Mi Band 2.

I will edit this post (or add another if editing isn't possible) when I have a better feel for the usefulness of this.

Thanks
BP

2019-09-13 21:42:05

Pro Bunny

Kenny_P | from app

earlier mi band 4s seem to have a different vibrate motor to those made more recently. I have 4 in the house and 2 were June 19 both have a strong but noisy vibrate motor the other 2 are weaker and quieter made August 19.
I prefer the weaker but quieter one because I hate hearing the vibrate motor so my son took one of the earlier ones.
I guess production runs always play a part and they could be using different manufacturers for the motor or just different batch runs of the motor so you will get variations
2019-09-14 04:30:00