In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Q&A] Trigger alarm only when alarm is armed?! HELP

2019-09-12 01:53:30
490 6
Hello all,

Today i recieved my Xiaomi gateway, switch and two door sensors. I start to setup everything but i have reached a problem i cant solve. Hopefully someone can help me with this.

What i would like to do is to activate the alarm bij activating one of the door sensors, but only when the alarm is armed. I set the following scene: IFF gateway Alarm & door opens THEN play designated ringtone.  This works BUT it also sounds when the alarm is disarmed. So no matter if the alarm is armed or disarmd, the alarm will go of anyway.

I really hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.
2019-09-12 01:53:30
Favorites RateRate
That's not how alarm works. You either use ARM and select which sensors will trigger the alarm, or you don't use ARM/alarm feature and set a SCENE. Alarm has nothing to do with scenes....
2019-09-12 02:34:49

Rookie Bunny

1896024393 Author | from app

omg i feel very stupid now. after reading your message i went to the gatewaymenu itself and there is was. Thanks a lot.
2019-09-12 02:59:50
DaLanik replied at 2019-09-11 20:34:49
That's not how alarm works. You either use ARM and select which sensors will trigger the alarm, or you don't use ARM/alarm feature and set a SCENE. Alarm has nothing to do with scenes....

Hi i'm francesco and i have european Mi Control hub kit ...
i have the  same problem.... can you explai me well how can i do to listen alarm by open sensor (for exemple) only when the alarm is armed ?
If i go out to home usual i push the buttom in mi home app to armed the alarm.
In this case only i would like the alarm play if  the sensor work.
Now if the alarm is not armed and i open window alarm play .

Sorry but i'm new and i need help

Thanks

Francesco
2020-02-12 18:47:30
That is because you made automation. It runs on condition. And it runs every time.

* Run Mihome

* open gateway
* on top click "auto" tab
* click "alert"
* Add trigger device

and check all devices you want to trigger the alarm

D.

2020-02-13 00:54:49
FA_UKE replied at 2020-02-12 11:47:30
Hi i'm francesco and i have european Mi Control hub kit ...
i have the  same problem.... can you explai me well how can i do to listen alarm by open sensor (for exemple) only when the alarm is armed ?
If i go out to home usual i push the buttom in mi home app to armed the alarm.

Sorry, how can I have five seconds after I open the front door to be able to deactivate the alarm?  My problem is that as soon as I enter my house, the alarm rings.  Is there a way to insert a five-second timer before the alarm sounds?

Thank’s

2021-01-07 21:52:34
PieroSV1979 replied at 2021-01-07 14:52:34
Sorry, how can I have five seconds after I open the front door to be able to deactivate the alarm?  My problem is that as soon as I enter my house, the alarm rings.  Is there a way to insert a five-second timer before the alarm sounds?

Thank’s

Unfortunately, there isn't. You must disable alarm before you enter with your phone.
2021-01-08 16:43:07