Edited for clarification. Summary is:|
1. What is wrong
3. APNS check
4. Random list of easy things to fix
ROOT IS NEEDEDVoWIFI is IMPOSSIBLE if you don't have INTERNET+MOBILE on the SAME CARRIER
I've studied the latest 10.2.13 Global Rom, continuing on the absolute mess (no notifications, etc) that the Mi 9 has been. I've never seen a phone so badly configured and I'm angry.
Please note that I'm using the EEA Rom (European version) daily, but the Global Stable is the base, and the problem are the same on the two roms.
1. Here is an example of the original /system/build.prop made by Xiaomi:
# set device to DSDS mode
So, what is wrong here:
- Build.prop has not even remotely been cleaned, there are doubles everywhere, and developers are using # to disable a line because there is the same setting a bit further in the document....!!
- RCS is forcefully disabled, blocking the use of Google Messages Chat functionnality
- The worst : VoLTE and VoWIFI are blocked on purpose !!!!
- Geography 101 : Shanghai is in Europe and everyone knows that.
2.FIX FOR VOLTE & VOWIFI, RCS
Remove the Xiaomi blocking lines
Please check that there are no doubles. I did add the necessary lines for the fix, but I don't want to provide a build.prop because each device is different.
Reset the app / clean data of : "Google Carrier Services"
You should now have "IMS registered" when typing *#*4636#*#*, and VoLTE if you have called your carrier and enabled the option
NOTE : VoLTE has to be enabled by your carrier on your phone plan. Sometimes they will tell you "Your phone isn't listed as compatible - Of course because Xiaomi blocked it - but I can activate VoLTE anyway - Say yes"
Additionnal fixing can be made using "Activity Manager" (com.activitymanager, v3.3.0, free, not on the play store)
Launch "Modem Config", find your carrier, enable, reboot
Launch "com.qualcom.qti.ims.ImsSettings", input your number using the international version
3. About the APNS-CONF.XML
Check apns-conf.xml for your carrier IMS config, try IPV4V6 where necessary
To continue, the /system/etc/APNS-conf.xml is absolutely outdated, most of the info here seems to have been taken on a bad google check.
- I suggest everyone check this file and their carrier, add IPV4V6 support, etc
To be clear, I don't directly blame Xiaomi on this one, because I'm not enough into rom building and tweaking to know about how carriers declare APNs.
- There are clear conf building rules, as it can be seen here on how to build an APNS file
- Xiaomi is in the top five oems with millions of users around the world. They should either clean the file and maintain it themselves to have "better connectivity", or shame the mobile providers that don't have reliable data.
4. Beginning of the random list- Low quality audio encoding in videos. It's fixable by changing a number in media-profiles.xml. A single number with notepad. From old grandma vinyl to dolby atmos in 30 seconds.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .