In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Review] VIOMI V2: The Mopping Master (Mi Home, New Firmware) XEGG.Review

2019-09-05 06:00:09
25986 161

The Viomi V-RVCLM21B, better known as the Viomi V2,is the first flagship robot vacuum made by Viomi and works with Xiaomi's Mijia (Mi Home) smart ecosystem.

As a enthusiastic 'Mi Home' user, among millions of other 'Mi fans'
we are pretty spoiled when it comes to having a choice in determining which vacuum could be cleaning our house.

Before the entrance of Viomi V2, all robovacs listed, from flagship to entry models, were made by Roborock.
A healthy competition within Xiaomi's Ecosystem can only lead to positive results to bring the best out of both.

Untill now, I wasn't confident about the mopping function from any robovac I've seen in operation myself.
Does the V2 can prove me wrong? Let's find out!

***This review is based on the Mijia (Mi home) version.  
Another version, which only works with the Viomi Robot App, can be found Here.

Unboxing:
Let's do a quick unboxing and show you what's inside:

Inside the Box:
  • Vacuum model V-RVCLM21B
  • (Main brush, Dustbin with washable Hepa filter + cleaning tool already installed)
  • Charging Dock
  • EU power plug
  • 1+1 extra side brush.
  • Waterbin
  • Mop Kit (bracket + 2 different cloths)
  • Quick start guide
  • Manual

Design:

The Viomi V2 is a round shaped (ø 35cm, Height 9.5cm) flagship Robovac and comes in a black/dark grey colorway while other parts like the Lidar sensor, Omnidirectional wheel,V shaped rolling brush and the cleaning tool are colored 'turqoise'.

On top
you'll see a soft physical Power/Home button to control the V2 immediately.
LEDs are built in to show you the vac's status.
The turqoise Lidar sensor (LDS), which scans your rooms, is protected by a strong case.

Lift up the lid to spot the pre installed Dustbin+ Hepa filter with cleaning tool.
The collision bumper and sensor are present to prevent damage and avoid crashing into obstacles.

Remove the Dustbin to see the holes which are reserved to either 'eat' all the dust or seep the water for it's mopping function.

The V2 charges through two connecters which are located on the back (between the air ventilation and speaker).

Flipping the Viomi V2 upsidedown you will see the Turquoise main brush and omnidirectional wheel.

The robovac comes with 2 big country wheels and 1 sidebrush.

Mopping Accessories
The Viomi V2 is made with a underlying thought to beat its competition with their mopping feature.
VIOMI included the following accesories:

A Huge 500ML Watertank

Bracket with standard Mopping Cloth:

Good quality mop

Close up

Mopping Cloth 2 (Wet & Dry):

Two different kind of fibers to wet and dry.

A gap is in between

SPECS:
Main Features Cleaning Features Battery                 
Mapping / Path planning : YES Suction Power: 2100Pa Battery capacity: 3200Mah
Mapping Sensor (LDS) : YES Noise Level (DB): Energy:69.7 Standard:73.9 Strong: 76.9
Runtime: 80-150 Minutes
Recharge & Resume : YES Cleaning Area: 1615 ft2 / 150m2 Charging time: 240 Minutes
Automatically Docks and Recharges: YES Dustbin Capacity: 550ml Rated power: 33W
Wet Mopping: YES
Watertank capacity: 550ML
Climbing Ability: 2CM
HEPA Filter: YES
Cleaning Modes: Vacuum (Quiet, Eco,Normal, Turbo)
Mop (Low, Medium , High)
Control: APP Features: Sensors:
APP: Mi Home Block/ Restrict Area's 4x Floor detection
Amazon Alexa: Soon Zoned Cleaning 2x Collision
Google Assistant: Soon Fixed Cleaning (Spot Cleaning) 2x Infrared
Map management: Area editor (Divide room in sections) 2x Watertank detection                                 
Side Sweeping
Secondary Cleaning
Manual movement control
Sheduled Cleanup

New Firmware Mijia /Mi Home / Xiaomi home APP:

**This is a beta (test) version. The official and full version will be released soon!

A new Firmware update is on its way!
For those who already own a V-RVCLM21B and experienced the User Interface can see many improvements and new functions in their latest software version.

Improvements New Version

User interface: Features:
Better Design Improved cleaning
Easier in use Sheduled Cleaning
New Voice prompt Map Management
Complete new experience!

Let me give you a quick tour:

Main page:

The `landing page´.
Here you can view the map and see the V2´s location.
Duration and Square meters of current or last run are displayed on top aswell the percentage of the battery.

Choose `Vacuum´or `Mop´ and swipe up to select suction power or water seepage. Hit start to see the magic happen.
it is possible to send the V2 to its dock and refill its juice by pressing the ´Charge´ button.

A very awesome and new feature is located within the Map menu.
Besides setting up a virtual wall, No go zone (Restricted area),
Zone cleaning (clean area) and spot cleaning (Fixed cleaning), a very usefool tool is added : Area Editor

Area Editor (
Map Management):

Divide your room in 'sections/regions'. The V2 will handle each 'section/region' as if it was an individual room.
What i really like is the fact you can select one or more 'sections/regions' to clean while it will skip the others.
Use this feature when:
- Mop the Region(s) with tiles only
- Vacuum Region(s) where someone made a mess
- Exclude the region(s) you are located (Example: Skip cleaning Living room because you are watching TV, Skip the -part of the room your kid is playing with his trainset etc)

Fixed Cleaning, Area Cleaning, Restricted Area:

It is possible to do a Fixed cleaning, Just point out the area you want to clean.
When you want to clean a much preciser part of your environment select the Area Cleaning to draw a Square/rectangle.
When you want to avoid the V2 to acces a certain area (Example: Carpet when mopping) draw a square/rectangle and/or a line.

Settings:

The settings menu is improved to bring the end user a much better experience.
With extra features added the V2 can offer a lot more with their newest firmware.
Switch on Side Sweeping to command the V2 to clean the edges only.
Activate Secondary Cleaning to do a cleaning twice!
Show your Cleaning History record of the last 30 days and check the total runs/time/square meters.

A Sheduled Cleaning can be set up. Select the time you want the V2 to operate (Daily).

Turn on DNT mode and the V2 will not prompt messages during that time.
If your robovac will be cleaning the same floorlevel/room for a longer period (or always) turn on Memory Map.
To erase the map just use Relocate Map to wipe everything out and start from scratch.
It is also possible to adjust the soundlevel of the vacuums voice, or even switch it off.
Do you have such a big room and you are seeking your vacuum? Press 'Find Cleaner' and the V2 will help you with saying 'I am Here'.
Furthermore you can control the vacuum as if it's a RC vehicle and clean the floor manually.

In Use:
i've tested the vacuum a lot lately.
The new firmware brings greater user experience to the end user.
The extra features adding more functionality to the Viomi V-RVCLM21B.
But how does the V2 do its job on cleaning the floor?

Vacuuming:

The Viomi V2 is a true enemy for any dirt on the floor. Just turn it on by app or hit the physical button on the device itself.
With one of the strongest suctionpower in the industry the vacuum is picking up everything  before it goes back to the dock.
Using the map editor, this robovac divides your room in sections, does the edges first and will take on the inner part like it is coloring a painting.

While the first software version had some variation in the duration of cleaning the same map I can tell it's pretty stable now.
I do notice, after dividing up the map in regions/sections through the map editor yourself, the V2 takes a bit longer to clean the entire room.
This is pretty logical because the vacuum will clean it as if it was a different room.

Normal clean (Left) vs Area Editor (Right)

Side (Edge) Cleaning:
Just need to do a fast edge cleaning? Viomi V2 Got your back.
As shown in the video above the side brush makes contact with the edges and sweep the dirt towards the main brush.

Big Dustbin:
All the dirt that's picked up by the vacuum will be collected inside the dustbin.
With a kid and 3 cats i really need enough capacity, The V2 serves me well , as i don't want to spend most my time emptying a vacuum.

Mopping: THE CHAMPION

Some robot vacuums do have a mopping option. Unfortunately, in most occasions, it feels like an incomplete feature.

The Viomi V2 is manufactured to function as a vacuum AND as a mopping machine.
The watertank offers more than enough volume to clean a full room.Once connected you can control the electric water seepage within the APP.

Wet or Dry (less wet) Floor?
Because two different mopping cloths are included you have a choice in leaving the floor wet or Dry.
I was curious about the Wet n Dry mop.
After testing it a couple of times on my Laminate and tile floor I must admit the floor was still wet....but dryed faster.

Personally, I have my reasons to choose the normal cloth.
Since it is not recommended to add cleaning solution in the watertank I spill a bit over the mop.
I really like the smell of a mopped floor and while doing this it satisfied me even more!

Smart scrubbing Motion:

As the image shows, the V2 Manouvres in an Y-shape in order to simulate a scrubbing method.
Within the App you can see the Y-routing:

Compared to the vacuum function, mopping takes more time to finish.
To show you how good the 'Mopping Master' operates i've searched for a few stains on the floor to provide you a 'Before and After' Image:

Stain is gone

All Clean!

More Pictures:

Maintaining:
Removable parts are easy to take out and clean.
Even the side brush is attached with a kind of 'Click system’.
You can wash the cloths on 35 degrees celsius.
Use the cleaning tool to cut of hairs or use the brush to clean the filter and bin.

Verdict:
NEW Firmware
At launch, The Viomi V2 suprised me in a positive way.
While the hardware (Best suctionpower, biggest watertanki, latest parts) was already ahead of its competition, the user interface within Xiaomi Home wasn't.
Viomi promised to upgrade the APP soon, and Finally it is becoming reality...and almost completed..

A Great Experience
The V2's interface is completely changed. Designwise the app looks and operates so much better.
The Map editor is one of my favorite features.
Dividing the map in virtual rooms and make a selection which sections i want to clean...or avoid!
Setting a Daily shedule now belongs to the possibilities.

Do I miss something?
Even though i'm really satisfied with its UI and features there are still a few things i would love to see in the future:
Google Home Voice Assistant and A multi map saving function to handle more floors. Let's hope for it:)

No dirt left behind!
I did notice the V2 is more stable when it comes to duration (Time) when doing its round.
The vacuum picks up all the dirt, **s up my pets hairs and goes back to its place.
The Mopping Master
Have you seen a Robovac that can mop as good as this one? Probably not!
The better question is: Is the V2 a Robot Mop that vacuums? Or a Robot Vacuum that can mop?

Thank you for reading this XEGG.Review.
Exclusively brought to you by the Mi Community
Don't want to miss out one of my articles?
Feel free to follow me:)

Special Thanks To Our Beloved Admin @Elaine2046For her Continuous Support.

Rate

Number of participants 5 Experience +61 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-09-05 06:00:09
Favorites25 RateRate

Wizard Bunny

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Awesome Review!
2019-09-05 06:15:28

Wizard Bunny

Ian Adoe | from Redmi Note 5A Prime

Nice product...