In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Discussion] 100% Frustration with Amazfit GTR

2019-08-27 10:50:48
1399 5
Hi there,
I want to share my frustration with my brand new amazfit GTR.

Some days ago, directly before my vacation, I got it. I was very curious on activity tracking in my holidays and very happy with the extraordinary battery lifetime.

After 4 days collecting data (cycling, climbing, walking, some swimming, sleep tracking) suddenly the watch started showing this screen (apptox every 10 secs:

If I press restart it reboots.

Then I see the normal face.

But just for some seconds. Then it either reboots

Or shows the screen above and reboots if I do nothing.

At the end the watch reboots now every 10 - 20 seconds.

It's a fine watch in regards of display, features and battery life. But what the hell I should say about it's quality? Gone after one week of usage? That's bullshit! I'm absolutely frustrated!

I tried to do a factory reset. It was hard to do so since I nearly didn't manage to go through the menu before it reboots again. It didn't help.
The pairing afterwards was also a pain because the screen with QR was always interupted by the screen from the first picture.

Seems I have to return it. Will be no issue thanks to Amazon. But I have to wait until my return.

Nevertheless I'm frustrated. Thanks Huami / Xiaomi for your great quality control.

Update 1

Meanwhile it shuts down very often without reboot. Can turn it on again.
Sometimes display turns on and off every second.
Sometimes it runs for an hour or two without having issues..

Update 2:
Meanwhile it's impossible to turn the watch on. It's finally gone.
I hope the replacement will be a better one....
2019-08-27 10:50:48
Favorites RateRate
bought two...none of them worked the gps....returned both of them

really disapointed with xiaomi on this one.

I've tried contacting xiaomi by email, talked to a guy named Madhu from the Xiaomi Customer Support and he refused to help me.

Literally saied he had nothing to do with it that i should talk to the store where i bought it....

really really bad costumer service from Xiaomi. Everyone globally are experiencing this problem and they dont do anything about it...

now i'm concerned about buying another watch from xiaomi. I think im gonna spend my money just once and buy a garmin instead.
2019-10-02 17:38:03

Semi Pro Bunny

Gufti Author | from MI 9

Hm. It's a shame.
I returned the defective one to Amazon (it was no issue of course) and got a new one. This one is ok.
However, no company should treat their customers like you experienced.
However we shouldn't mux things. Xiaomi and Amazfit is not the same... Not sure who to blame in this case.
2019-10-02 17:44:56
Hi,

I have the same problem. Did you find a way to solve this issue? If yes, share it with us, please.

Thanks!
2019-10-24 14:38:32

Advanced Bunny

TsoukTsouk | from MI 9

i having an issue. i left my watch for some hours i don't wear it inside the house an then i go to sleep i wear it (sleep assistant on) i woke up this morning and the GTR said that i was sleeping 14hours... why? any ideas?
2019-10-26 04:08:50

Semi Pro Bunny

Gufti Author | from MI 9

No Idea. for me the detected sleep phases were ok so far. maybe it was because you didn't wear it before...
2019-10-26 08:20:14