In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Q&A] OTG problem or drivers android 9 drivers problem?

2019-08-26 16:18:12
718 2
I'm Having a problem with Poco and this gamepad from Krom, Key, it's not old or to recent and I'm sure it's compatible with android.
Using the App "EasyOTG Checker" it can detect and recognize the gamepad also the leds on it show that it's connected, but using the "Gamepad Tester" it gives nothing, no matter how I move it.
Tried using an LG G5 and it worked perfectly, one of the diferencies is that Poco has android 9 and LG has 8, could that be the main reason? I've read that android 9 has been giving a lot of headaches...
Meanwhile I tried a very old gamepad from Gravis, Eliminator Shock, a gamepad that no longer can make it run on Win10... and it works. So maybe it's just a matter of installed drivers?
As you can see from the pics, the gamepad is recognized as "SHANWAN Android Gamepad" on both devices.

At Krom's site I can find drivers for the Key gamepad, but only finding
"Krom_Key_Dinput.exe, Krom_Key_Windows_XP.exe, Krom_Key_Windows_32Bit.msi, Krom_Key_Windows_64Bit.msi" inside ktquu9mxr9-kromkeydrivers.zip
Can any of those help?

Anything else I can do to make that gamepad work with Poco?

Gamepad Tester

Poco

LG

Poco

EasyOtg Tester

LG

2019-08-26 16:18:12
Favorites RateRate
these wired game controller are not likely to work on miui devices, have you tried any other device otg like mouse or keyboard or flash drive. if those devices are working then this controller should also work otherwise the problem is with compatibility.
2019-08-27 02:23:06

Rookie Bunny

Jm&m Author | from app

Hamza Khan
these wired game controller are not likely to work on miui devices, have you tried any other device otg like mouse or keyboard or flash drive. if those devices are working then this controller should also work otherwise the problem is with compatibility.

As I mentioned..this old Gamepad (Gravis Eliminator Shock) works well. the connection between phone and laptop works, the flashdrives work. For now looks like it's only that. But that works well with a much older device "LG G5".
2019-08-27 05:14:08