In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Global Fans

[News] Xiaomi To Launch It's Financial Services In India In Coming Weeks.

2019-08-24 07:43:38
406 3

According to Reuters, Xiaomi is preparing to launch a consumer loan business in India in the coming weeks. In this country, the booming financial services market faces serious challenges because of data privacy issues and fierce competition.

As the world’s fourth-largest smartphone supplier, Xiaomi’s business model relies on low-margin hardware sales, and services are the main long-term profit center. This initiative faces high risks. On Tuesday, the company reported quite disappointing second-quarter earnings. The stock trading prices were slightly higher than half of the 2018 IPO issue price.

Xiaomi believes that using its first position in the Indian smartphone market is enough to enter India’s lucrative but overcrowded financial services industry. However, the public’s growing interest in data privacy has forced technology giants such as Google and Facebook to change the way they do business.

In fact, Xiaomi’s approach to data collection and privacy has attracted the attention of some industry insiders who are familiar with its international expansion plans.

In Asia, Xiaomi faces fierce competition from banks, global technology giants, financial technology start-ups and other companies that have gained a because of differences in licensing issues with regulators, Xiaomi’s financial sector had to close its doors at the end of 2018.

A source familiar with Xiaomi’s Indian business said that Xiaomi’s debut in India in March was good. As you remember, that time, the company released a payment app called Mi Pay. The source told Reuters: ‘They seem to be following the market leaders, Apple and Google, where a smartphone eventually will become more than a phone and more of a financial play.’

Xiaomi will launch Mi Credit service in India to provide users with loans of up to 100,000 rupees (about $1451). The minimum interest rate will be as low as 1.8%. It is scheduled to come in the coming weeks. A spokesperson for Xiaomi told Reuters that Xiaomi Credit is currently in the ‘test phase’ but declined to give details.

By the way, India is the largest market outside of China for Xiaomi. According to Counterpoint, the company has a user base of approximately 70 million in India.

Source:- VIEW.
2019-08-24 07:43:38
Favorites RateRate

Device Team

Tin Naing Zaw | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Thanks for your sharing.
2019-08-24 09:36:18

Wizard Bunny

Ian Adoe | from Redmi Note 5A Prime

70 million users in India... wow
2019-08-24 22:57:01
This is really great news! I just recently have begun to understand how important financial planning is. I never thought about how important it is to properly allocate resources and money for a stable future. A couple of days ago, my friend and I discussed this topic and he advised me to hire a financial advisor from planwithaws.com. At first, I thought it would be a waste of money but when I went to their website, I realized that it could really improve my standard of living in a good way. I hope it could help me to build trust and confidence.
2021-01-20 01:29:34