In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Themes

[Guide] Design Your Imagination: A Brief Introduction to MIUI Theme Editor & Download Link!

2019-08-22 04:04:03
6033 194
Hello MI Fans,

Designing a User Interface is not an easy task to do. A person needs to have creativity in mind along with intuitive instinct to create a sleek UI design. Not all people are good in design. However, with just enough tool to use, anyone can now design their own theme bundling their own UI styles.

You might have enough design skill and good art instinct. However, you won’t be able to manifest that design without a proper tool. Actualizing a design concept into a usable theme needs a certain level of coding skills.

The MIUI Theme Editor allows you to customize almost any aspects of MIUI user interface (UI). You can configure the general apps’ icons and system apps’ icons. You can also specify the default wallpaper image used within the theme. Furthermore, lockscreen and home screen area are also customize-able. Even deeper, you can also adjust the appearance of all notifications: changing its style, color, icons, etc.

So without wasting more time "Let's Rock The Party!"

Download and Install the MIUI Theme Editor Software
  • Download MIUI Theme Editor from link hidden below
    If you want to see the hidden content, please reply
  • Extract the downloaded file using WinRAR or 7zip.
  • Open the extracted folder and look for "MIUINewThemeEditor.exe" file and simply double click the file.

Congratulations, Your at the door steps of an exciting journey!

After opening the MIUI Theme Editor Software, you might get update notification as shown below. Go ahead and update the package
If the prompt fails during the update process, please go to the editor's secondary directory (similar to the folder of 19.6.18_1560843659, the different version folder name is different) to find a zip package, copy the zip package and manually decompress it once.

Note:
  • The editor needs to enable USB debugging when connecting to the phone.
  • To enable USB debugging, you need to enable the developer option first. "Go to My Device -- All Specs and click on the MIUI version continuously (at least 7 times, until the prompt flashes: "You are now a developer")
  • Turn on the phone USB debugging by visiting "Settings -- Additional Settings -- Developer Options -- USB Debugging - turn on USB debugging.
  • The first time you connect to the computer, the phone will pop up a pop-up window that allows USB debugging, select the allowable computer and mobile phone usb debugging is established. After that, you don't need to turn it on again.
  • If after optimizing the mobile phone through security center, the system may turn off the USB debugging mode. If it is off, please follow the above steps to turn on the USB debugging again

Let's move on towards the MIUI Theme Editor Interface
After opening the MIUI Theme Editor Software, you will find option to create new theme package or open and edit existing theme package

The MIUI Theme Editor Structure
  • The top of the Editor is the Menu bar, and the Right Sidebar contains different modules which can be designed individually.
  • Refresh button: To modify the cache.
  • Export button: To create a Theme Package file of the designed Theme.
  • Easy/Expert Mode button: To switch between the editor working mode.

Easy Mode and Expert Mode
Easy mode: For new designers with basic features and functionality of the Themes. A set of dark templates can be inserted in the theme with one click, and a small number of modifications can cover the interface of SMS, contacts, settings.

Expert mode: For designers having prior experience of Theme designing & having knowledge of the Theme modules.All resources can be manually modified one by one.

MIUI Theme Package Structure
Module Name
App Included / Effected
clock_2x4Clock App
com.android.contactsContacts and Dial pad
com.android.fileexplorerExplorer app
com.android.mmsMessaging
com.android.providers.downloads.uiDownloads app
com.android.settingsSettings
com.android.systemuiNotification shade and Recent app tray
com.android.updaterUpdater app
com.miui.antispam Blocklist feature in Contacts
com.miui.backupBackup app
com.miui.home Home screen
com.wali.miui.networkassistantData usage monitor
framework-miui-res MIUI system interface
framework-res-Android Android system interfaces
IconsDesktop icons
LockscreenLock screen
WallpaperDevice wallpapers
Description.xmlTheme description file

The above is the commonly used theme package directory structure, including but not limited to these. As the theme deepens and the demand increases, subsequent modules can be explored.

Over all the user interface of the MIUI Theme Editor is very easy & self guiding. One can easily master the art of Theme Designing by using the New MIUI Theme Editor.

Bonus for all: MIUI V10 English Templates. Extract the attached folder to the editor's secondary directory. (In my case i have extractetd it to "C:\Sujay\MIUINewThemeEditor\19.6.18_1560843659")
If you want to see the hidden content, please reply

Sail on to your Theme designing journey with some helpful tools mentioned below:
How to apply for designer account: https://c.mi.com/thread-1920416-1-0.html
How to make Themes for MIUI 10?: Theme Making Guides

A Special thanks to our lovely Admin @Elaine2046 for believing in me and providing the continuous support.

Rate

Number of participants 9 Experience +84 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-08-22 04:04:03
Favorites93 RateRate

Master Bunny

Mrojhe | from Redmi 4A

Thanks for sharing!
2019-08-22 05:24:47
Thank you!
2019-08-22 05:32:41

Pro Bunny

Andler1968 | from MI 8 SE

Thanks for sharing
2019-08-22 05:48:20
Thank you.. L♡ve it..
2019-08-22 05:52:27

Master Bunny

Pavel Vantuch | from Redmi Note 4

No Mac version?
2019-08-22 06:13:40

Intern Moderator

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Thanks for sharing with us!
2019-08-22 06:18:09

Advanced Bunny

Aminu Shehu | from app

Pavel Vantuch
No Mac version?

thanks but I don't think I need to design my own UI.
2019-08-22 06:20:31

Intern Moderator

J C Paul | from Redmi Note 4

Thank you!
2019-08-22 06:57:34

Rookie Bunny

diHammer | from MI 9

when will the theme store be available in europe?
2019-08-22 07:08:18

Pro Bunny

m.wael.eg | from Redmi Note 5

thanks for sharing
2019-08-22 07:09:22
Write By Mohamed Wael
Telegram Username For Support:@m_wael_eg