In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Review] Mi Wireless 20W Car Charger (JMC02ZM) [XEGG.Review]

2019-08-26 07:47:03
1997 45

Hello Mi Fans,

This XEGG.Review is all about the Mi Wireless 20W Car charger,
which was released after the launch of the Mi 9, world's first smartphone supporting 20 Watts of charging power.

"Are you driving a car without a built-in navigation system?
Are you sick of all these Car Holders with a silicon suction feature that fall off occasionally?
Do you own a Mix 2S, Mi9 or any other phone with QI Charging?"

Unboxing:

Package Contents:
Specs
Weight & Dimensions
1 x Xiaomi Wireless Car ChargerInterface Type: USB-C
Product Weight:

0.15kg

1 x Power CableInput: 5V / 3A 9V / 2A 12V / 2A;15V / 1.8A 20V / 1.35A
Package Weight:

0.25kg

1 x Car ChargerOutput: 20W MAX
Product  Dimensions:

117.2 x 73.4 x 91.7mm

1 x UserManualMaterial: PC + glassPackage Dimensions:
120 x 120 x 100mm
Executive Standard: T / CA 101-2018; Q / 320281DHR05

Design:
The Car charger looks premium but is surprisingly lightweight (compared to the Roidmi 3S) .
It's designed to fit most cars and comes with two USB ports so you can Charge a non wireless phone or a second device.
When the car charger is in operation you will see a white light. The type C charging cable that's included can reach all air vents on my dashboard.

The Mi wireless charger is pure magic!
Once connected a blue ring will light up through the front panel which is made out of 2.5D ARC glass.

A hidden built-in infrared sensor is capable of detecting your phone.
Just hold your device in front of the wireless charger to see the clamp arms open up so you can place your device in position.
These arms automatically close and makes sure your phone is locked.
Because of the glass panel and the built-in in qi charging module your wireless charging phone will get juice in an instance.
Good thing to know: wireless charging should work with supported phones inside a non metal case with a thickness up to 4mm.

On the left side there is another sensor which is used to open the clamp arms in order to remove your device.
The clamp can lock phones as wide as 8.15 cm

At the back of the mi wireless charger you notice some holes are cut out as Xiaomi installed a little fan to blow out hot air.

Mounting:

The Mi Wireless charger can be easily mounted on most air vents.
Another option is placing the adhesive sticker base on a flat surface anywhere you think is convenient.

To install the Mi Wireless 20W Car charger I've looked for the best spot to mount it.
Unfortunately, All my air vents aren't that sturdy no more and if they were, mounting the Wireless Charger would cause me having trouble accessing important functions (Airco, Lights control panel etc) on my dashboard.

This brought me to try out the other option and use the adhesive sticker base.
To be honest, my experience with car Holders is far from positive and really questioned myself how such a small base can carry the weight of the Wireless Charger and my daily driver, the Mix 2S.

I peeled off the backing of the adhesive and sticked the base on the left side of my dashboard.
I pressed firmly and kept pressure for like 30 seconds. The adhesive is unbelievable strong.
According to the manual, whenever you want to remove the base, use proper tools to avoid damaging your interior.

In use:
My car doesn't have a built-in navigation system and unfortunately the USB port from my head unit (radio) died a while ago.
When driving I need to rely on my smartphone using Google Maps to navigate and transfer music with the help of Bluetooth.

The Mi Wireless 20W Car Charger offers me so much convenience.
Once I step in my vehicle, insert the keys and make contact with the battery all I have to do is hold my phone in front of the Car charger to open up the clamp. The clamp will automatically close and makes sure the phone sits firm and steady.

I open up Google maps and insert my destination, select the music I want to listen and I'm ready to drive.
Since my phone is connected to the head unit, music and maps voice messages will be transferred to the speakers over Bluetooth.

We all know Google maps (4G,GPS) and Bluetooth (Music) use a lot of juice but thanks to the wireless charging (Mix2s supports 10W) the battery percentage won't drop down.

Whenever I arrive at my destination I need to remove the phone first before taking the key out of my vehicle.
Occasionally, in a hurry, I take out the keys first...lol.

let me show you a video how the Wireless 20W Car Charger operates:

Verdict:

I'm very satisfied with the Mi wireless 20W car charger.
The futuristic automatic open/close feature works like a charm.
Im able to use my phone to navigate with google maps and play my favourite music without draining the battery.
The adhesive sticker base sticks firm on the dashboard. I'm not worried it will come off without my permission.

The Mi wireless 20W car charger adds an extra to my driving experience
I even caught myself using of the charger even if i planned a very short trip.

The only thing i think Xiaomi could improve is installing a little battery or something similar in order to open up the clamp.
Another great option would be having the opportunity to buy a extra adhesive sticker base as i think this device will survive my older car.

Thank you for reading this XEGG.Review

Hope to see you soon in another XEGG or XEGG.Review!

Special Thanks To Our Beloved Admin @Elaine2046 For her Continuous Support.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +15 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-08-26 07:47:03
Favorites17 RateRate

Resource Team

iMKajal | from MI 8

Nice Review, Thanks!
2019-08-26 08:48:42

Beta Team-Global

Robi1980 | from MI 9

Amazing product
2019-08-26 10:14:39

Grand Master Bunny

$huvo | from Redmi 4

Nice review
2019-08-26 13:11:09

Master Bunny

Edivan Santtos | from Mi 9 SE

Great! Sad to Mi 9 SE don't support.
2019-08-26 13:13:16
Conheça meu canal : Canal e-tech

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

nice review
2019-08-26 15:00:02
Tech Explorer

Beta Team-Global

jagdevkumhar | from Redmi 6 Pro

nice reviews
2019-08-26 21:40:30
jagdev

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Awesome Review!
2019-08-26 23:11:53

Advanced Bunny

Andrew02 | from MI 9

Cool
2019-08-26 23:49:23
Thanks for good review : I think I will buy it :)
2019-08-27 02:27:17
MIUI, the Best of course

Beta Team-Global

georan. | from Redmi K20 Pro

thanks for review
2019-08-27 07:34:43