In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Global Fans

[Lounge] [Mi Quick Poll #10] How Often Do You Change Your Lock Screen Password?

2019-08-18 21:30:22
3852 117

Hello Mi Fans,

With time, the amount of data kept in phones and tablets has increased so much that their protection has become a priority. No device as complex as a smartphone or tablet is ever completely secure, but device manufactures and developers are still doing their best to keep your data safe. The first line of defence is your lockscreen, typically protected by a PIN code or password. It's surely a good practice to have a password, PIN number, or fingerprint check protecting your phone.

Over the years there have been various options for smartphone security, from lock patterns to pictures to facial recognition. The humble four-digit PIN code is one of the most popular choice. Throw in everything from online shopping apps to relationships that you might want to keep quiet about  and it soon becomes apparent how important lock screen security really is.

There is some merit to changing your passwords regularly, and keeping your information secure is definitely a priority. It may seem like a simple thing, but changing your password is a fact of life. Changing your password regularly may not be the best course of action, but changing it to something strong and hard to crack or guess is.

At the end, it’s up to you to make your device’s security your personal goal. The chances or your devices being “hacked” or broken or stolen into depends entirely on how careful you are with it, and the complexity of the security you’ve put into place. After all much of our life is contained within a very small item that can easily be lost or stolen.

How Often Do You Change Your Lock Screen Password?

Take part in the poll and share your views in comments!

Single Poll thread Total 250 Users Voted

3.2% (8)

2% (5)

49.2% (123)

39.6% (99)

6% (15)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 4 Experience +65 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-08-18 21:30:22
Favorites22 RateRate
I'm not regularly change my password, whenever I think I need to change I'll change it..
2019-08-18 21:38:47

Master Bunny

NDaru.NDGOLL | from Redmi 5 Plus

Not often,whenever required...
2019-08-18 21:43:42
right after when i tought someone know or want to know my Lock Screen Password
2019-08-18 21:48:33

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

Whenever required
2019-08-18 22:12:38
Tech Explorer
i don't keep any sensitive data on my phone - and my policy is that if it gets stolen then so what? - it gives me an excuse to buy a newer better phone and nothing on it is really sensitive ..... in terms of possibly only banking details being accessible the account that is linked in my phone very rarely has more than 30 or 40 bucks - so if a thief accesses it he will not get rich quickly LOL

so i don't bother to change and i have a very easy password to remember and i rely more ont he fingerprint scanner to open the phone for me
2019-08-18 22:16:17

Master Bunny

tonibagan | from app

whenever it is required, when i notice somebody might know my password.
2019-08-18 22:38:26
Whenever required
2019-08-18 22:51:25

Manjeet dahiya | from Redmi Note 4

Whenever required
2019-08-18 22:52:42
Rarely!!!
2019-08-18 23:03:38

Beta Team-Global

Colin Hopper | from Mi MIX 2S

I don't ever
2019-08-18 23:15:52