In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[Best of App] [MI App Showdown #5] Poweramp VS Neutron - Battle of the Coolest Music Player App

2019-08-16 10:39:06
2653 68

Hello MI Community Members,

How are you? I hope you all are fine. Our App Resources Team always focuses on sharing the best quality apps to our fellow MIUIers. In addition to our weekly collection and AppTrend, we bring you a new series - App Showdown. In this series we will compare two apps and give you a detailed analysis of the comparison.

Today, we will discuss about popular music player application, Poweramp and Neutron. I believe that a lot of people familiar with Poweramp app, but do you know about Neutron app?  Well, if you haven't heard about that, you can read my review about Neutron here [MI ART] NEUTRON - Your Profesional Music Player. So let's get started, shall we?!

Poweramp Music Player

Poweramp is one of most popular Android music player nowadays. Not only can play mp3 file, Poweramp Music Player also compatible with mp4, ogg, wma, wmv, tta, mpc, flac, wav, ape, aiff and more. Poweramp has a lot great features such as a 10 band optimized graphical equalizer, lyric viewer, customize-able lock screen, sleep timer and many more.

A lot of users like Poweramp because it has nice output video, good UI and great equalizer (however some people said it's  complicated). But, don't worry users who love simple equalizer set also can easily using this app. They can use preset setting, such as preset Bass, Bass Extreme, Trebel & Bass, or Flat and Classical.

Poweramp v2.0.9 launched to public in 2013. This app available in Trial and Premium version. If you haven't tried Poweramp, I suggest that you try the Trial version before purchase it. Just to make sure you like the features.

*Poweramp's preview

Neutron Music Player

Another music player app is Neutron. Some people maybe haven't heard about this app, but Neutron is one of the best music player nowadays. Honestly Neutron looks similar with Poweramp. It has great audio input, nice equalizer, sleep and wake up timer, lyrics viewer amd more. Neutron compatible with Android, iOs and also Microsoft. The developers, Neutron Code Limited describes, "Neutron is an advanced music player with close-to-metal 32/64-bit audio engine which delivers the best possible Hi-Fi grade quality of sound on your Android device". That means Neutron compatible with most of audio file.

And yes, I have checked on their web and play store, this Neurtron's audio support list: MP1, MP2, MP3, OGG (Vorbis), FLAC, OPUS, WMA, WMA Lossless (16-bit), AC3, AAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, ALAC, APE (Monkey's Audio), WV (WavPack), MPC (MusePack), WAV, AU, AIFF, MPG/MPEG (audio), AVI (audio), iTunes/Windows Media (non DRM). Neutron come from Hong Kong and there are 2 versions of this app, Free and Premium version.

*Neutron's preview

Comparison Table

Single Poll thread Total 126 Users Voted This Poll has ended.

82.54% (104)

17.46% (22)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +40 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-08-16 10:39:06
Favorites18 RateRate

Resource Team

iMKajal | from MI 8

Voted, Thanks for sharing!
2019-08-16 10:54:37

Intern Moderator

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Awesome Showdown!
2019-08-16 12:10:58

Device team

$huvo | from app

Voted... Thanks for sharing
2019-08-16 14:06:30
This version of poweramp is very old.
2019-08-16 15:21:47

Master Bunny

m@soud | from Redmi Note 5

Voted, Thanks for sharing
2019-08-16 15:43:18
i have both these apps (the aid premium versions) and to me neither is the best - the best s actually UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro) - Neutron is too fussy and has too many features to chose from and is not a user friendly interface while Powermamp is okay but definitely not as good looking or user friendly as UAPP either

if you are going to pay to use a music playback app and/or add external decoding devices to your phone just rather get UAPP instead
2019-08-16 18:17:20

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

Voted Thanks for sharing
2019-08-16 22:37:49
Voter! Thanks
2019-08-18 23:51:31

Pro Bunny

Tin Naing Zaw | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Thanks for sharing.
2019-08-19 00:00:18

Pro Bunny