In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Review] [ifelixit] Amazfit GTR - Elegant Yet Robust In Action For Up To 74 Days

2019-08-15 12:05:53
5645 112

Hei Mi Fans,

What's new and wassup Mi Fans? Well, I just got this new release of the Amazfit smartwatch lineup, the Amazfit GTR. I still wonder why they called it GTR, short for Gran Turismo Racer. Anyway, let's skipped that for now. The Amazfit GTR is Huami’s latest smartwatch which was announced in July last month.
As the model name implied Amazfit GTR, it is targeting the upscale sector with elegance and classy look while still sporty with all the features of a smartwatch.
Anyway if you curious what GTR means, as Huami explains a smartwatch with a strapline "Life is a Grand Tour, Life is a Long Race".
Let's walkthrough the unboxing here, it comes elegantly with black color box making it exclusive, you find the Amazfit GTR right before your eyes, and a uttering "wow" is inevitable, the magnetic charging port and manual is tuck away in between the box compartment.
Amazfit GTR, adopts a classic design with a dual crown and a circular watch face. The body comes with 3 choices of metal composite, a precious metal Titanium or Aluminum alloy or Stainless steel, which will yield a variation in their weight, for your consideration. As for the bezel, it comes furnished with the lustered microcrystalline zirconium ceramic material giving it a feeling and looks of a high-end mechanical watch, suitable for vigorous sport activity or simply comes matching with a suit for business meetings.
It comes in two variants of model for Him or Her, 47mm and 42mm respectively with different characteristics between them. Hence, I will review the 'For Him' model, the 47mm and let the ladies review the 42mm ones. The 47mm variant, comes with a 1.39" Retina grade AMOLED display at the 454 x 454 resolution of 326ppi reinforced with Corning Gorilla 3 tempered glass plus the anti-fingerprint coating.
As an outdoor person, the display is important, as the Amazfit GTR comes with a Reflective display technology, that is the dial is always bright with auto brightness to adapt to the environment making it a better and clear viewing experience via it's Ambient light sensor.
Next, the most essential to consider is the powerhouse management, as we welcome the new revolutionary battery life of up to 74 days. That's is made possible with a powerpack of 410mAh Li-Po battery. Having said that, it will power the fitness tracker for 24 days, 40 hrs in full GPS mode and meanwhile up to 74 days on watch mode only. To replenish the battery, it has a charging time of approximately 2 hours.
Just plug the magnetic charging base to the back of your watch, and the magnet is strong enough to keep it in place, and charging will begin. Just take note the magnetic charger base will plug itself and not the other way round. If it repels then get the polarity right when it will attract and sticks.
Amazfit GTR, key features array the 12 Sports modes, from swimming to skiing, you can be walking, running or swimming, climbing or skiing to get the data and history in order to improve over time on your exercise status with the help of the sensors, like 6-axis acceleration sensor, 3-axis geomagnetic sensor, air pressure sensor and capacity sensor, not forgetting it's water resistant up to 5 ATM and guided with a high precision GPS positioning system plus GLONASS.
Beyond that Amazfit GTR is integrated with the BioTracker PPG Biological tracking optical sensor and algorithm offering advanced Full-scale heart rate monitoring ceaseless high precision, alerting you when your heart rate is exceeding the normal range, making exercise more manageable.
As a fitness tracker, it records your steps and activities quietly and track your sleep condition as well. Besides that it comes handy like controlling music playing on your mobile remotely.
Ultimately to complement the Amazfit GTR, a newly designed Amazfit App is needed to adjust the settings of your watch, change the WatchFaces, check the exercise history records and exclusively set the new training plans to improve your health and lifestyle. Refer to the link below to download Amazfit App:-

Amazfit App

For those using Mi Fit, once the Amazfit App is launch, it will merge all your existing devices data from Mi Fit, just with a new interface and design.
On Amazfit GTR updates and accessories, just days after the launch, Huami came out with four popular cartoon theme WatchFaces in China, such as Ali The Fox, the Wuhuang Wanshui or Little P cat, the update was scheduled to hit the device by end of July which GTR owners can transform the device from just a smartwatch or timepiece to a piece of artwork in your wrist. You see find them in Amazfit App dial store. As for the accessories, like straps and screen protector is already available on the online shopping sites.
Thoughts
With the wearable products becoming more fashionable appealing to different sector of personalities and knowing the fact that Huami under the umbrella of XiaoMi has done a brilliant work to cater for different user's needs.
After wearing and using it for a few weeks, I am pleased and amazed with the revolutionary battery life, the classy and elegant design for a whole user experience and outstanding display and a comfortable viewing experience. Packed with all the useful parameters like, Calenders, Weather forecast, control my music over the phone remotely, able to receive notifications of your choice, step tracking makes it very handy on my wrist. To conclude, I would say it's an awesome timepiece and a fitness tracker, with a combination of style and technology which suits any fashion conscious fitness enthusiast.

"Realizing the Mi Fan's Dreams"

Rate

Number of participants 5 Experience +71 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-08-15 12:05:53
Favorites60 RateRate

Grand Master Bunny

V. Saran | from Mi A1

Amazing stuff
2019-08-15 13:07:36
V. Saran

Rookie Bunny

1877350915 | from app

seems like great price/Quality ratio; is it possible to install apps from Google?
2019-08-15 13:19:40

Pro Bunny

Jaymz | from MI 8

Always on display pleaseee
2019-08-15 13:39:28

Master Bunny

doomer43 | from MIX 3

Very nice.
2019-08-15 14:42:06

Advanced Bunny

senormatanza | from MI 9

seems like great price/Quality ratio; is it possible to install apps from Google?

From what I've read it isn't. You're limited to specific apps for this watch.
2019-08-15 15:08:57

Advanced Bunny

senormatanza | from MI 9

Great and detailed review! Thanks.
2019-08-15 15:09:15

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Nice Review!
2019-08-15 15:48:11

Master Bunny

Edivan Santtos | from Mi 9 SE

Very good! Beautiful. 😍😍
2019-08-15 16:14:19